Lennon Out

Hibs are in danger of being dragged into the play-off-spot-dogfight before the end of the season too, which could make it a 5 team fight.

Even if it is a 4 team dogfight I wouldn't be too surprised if there aren't many points separating ourselves, Killie, Ross County and Killie at the end of the season or if league position places swap frequently from week to week and some weeks we jump up to 8th and 9th while at others we sit 10th or 11th. I think that we will probably just have to accept this will be the reality we live with until the end of the season. A new manager coming in will not lift us into the top 6 and automatically ease any play off spot worries. I don't think we should get too carried away when we hit 8th or 9th or start calling for a sacking when we slump to 10th or 11th. For me, the main thing is if the team are performing pretty well we should trust we can do enough to finish anywhere from 10th to 8th or maybe even 7th.

Today's result was a kick in the plums but the team performance was pretty good for the majority of the game. The performance against Killie and the result were fine. I think we look reasonably solid in midfield and have improved our attacking options a bit and reckon we will be ok in terms of avoiding 11th by the end of the season.

Should have happened a few weeks ago IMO, the week leading up to the County game in Dingwall.

We need a fighter to lead us now as we are fighting for survival.

I feel Danny is a good leader of a team who is playing under little or no pressure but I don't think he could lead us into battle in the manner Gus did and come out on top.

Time for change and I agree with Billyg, I reckon it could happen.

Hibs are in danger of being dragged into the play-off-spot-dogfight before the end of the season too, which could make it a 5 team fight.

Even if it is a 4 team dogfight I wouldn't be too surprised if there aren't many points separating ourselves, Killie, Ross County and Killie at the end of the season or if league position places swap frequently from week to week and some weeks we jump up to 8th and 9th while at others we sit 10th or 11th. I think that we will probably just have to accept this will be the reality we live with until the end of the season. A new manager coming in will not lift us into the top 6 and automatically ease any play off spot worries. I don't think we should get too carried away when we hit 8th or 9th or start calling for a sacking when we slump to 10th or 11th. For me, the main thing is if the team are performing pretty well we should trust we can do enough to finish anywhere from 10th to 8th or maybe even 7th.

Today's result was a kick in the plums but the team performance was pretty good for the majority of the game. The performance against Killie and the result were fine. I think we look reasonably solid in midfield and have improved our attacking options a bit and reckon we will be ok in terms of avoiding 11th by the end of the season.

I think everyone agrees we have good players, too good to be in the bottom 2.... The manager isn't good enough.

A new manager would get a reaction. Lennon can't get them to "find their identity" ..... Please take your identity and close the door behind you Danny.

The new manager bounce theory seems to be a bit of a myth in the SPL anyway... last year Hibs finished 7th and were cup finalists, this year under Butcher it is looking like 7th is the best they can do. Hughes might just about keep ICT where Butcher left them, Wright might also keep St Johnstone in the top 6 just and no more. The only teams who have improved to any noticeable degree this year are Aberdeen and Dundee United who appointed new managers last spring and who got to assess their squad during the last few months of last season before overhauling the squad in the summer.

We have 9 games left and no opportunity to bring in players.

Any manager coming in would have to work with a squad where we are short of defenders, 2 full backs, 2 central defenders + DVZ on the way back from injury. Upfront we rely too heavily on Thompson although Magennis, Campbell and Wylde (possibly) are OK options for supporting Thompson.

WTF.

See if you look at the league table you will see that hibs are 7pts in front of us. Even if they have a bad run of results from now till the end of season that culmanates in 1win, 3draws and 4 defeats they will still finish with 40pts.

That would mean going on goaldiff, we would need to finish with 41pts which would mean in 9 games we would need 4wins, 2draws and only 3 defeats. Taking into account that our next game is away to Ceptic, can you honestly say with this manager we are going to accumulate the amount of points needed to drag hibs into the play-off? No. Me neither.

The new manager bounce theory seems to be a bit of a myth in the SPL anyway... last year Hibs finished 7th and were cup finalists, this year under Butcher it is looking like 7th is the best they can do. Hughes might just about keep ICT where Butcher left them, Wright might also keep St Johnstone in the top 6 just and no more. The only teams who have improved to any noticeable degree this year are Aberdeen and Dundee United who appointed new managers last spring and who got to assess their squad during the last few months of last season before overhauling the squad in the summer.

We have 9 games left and no opportunity to bring in players.

Any manager coming in would have to work with a squad where we are short of defenders, 2 full backs, 2 central defenders + DVZ on the way back from injury. Upfront we rely too heavily on Thompson although Magennis, Campbell and Wylde (possibly) are OK options for supporting Thompson.

I think that Danny isn't good enough to do the job in hand and will drag us into the play off. Surely It would make sense to try and get a reaction from a new manager or at the worst it would give a new manager time to assess the squad with next season in mind and get players in to change it.

I think that Danny isn't good enough to do the job in hand and will drag us into the play off. Surely It would make sense to try and get a reaction from a new manager or at the worst it would give a new manager time to assess the squad with next season in mind and get players in to change it.

Spot on.

Look at the table. We occupy that very position as we speak.

Wishful thinking Billy

Gilmour and the board will have the prayer mat out

They won't pay him off and pay another manager's wages

I wouldnt mind seeing big Thommo take over as player/temp manager until the end of the season. He is a Saints fan, and might just inject a bit of belief into the players for the crucial run in!

Morale after today is at a very low level. I have nothing against DL as a person, but his Saints career has been running on fumes for the past few months, and I think that a fresh approach could just change things in our favour.

As long as DL is there - I have little hope of it changing and we are doomed to a dreaded play off to try and save out top flight skins!

Edited by andysaint

can we stop banging on about that now please? I also remember 16/05/87, so what

...because it seriously annoys me, this nonsense. I spent the best part of £50 today and these no hopers basically rob me-again and again. They played well ? Great. We lost. Again.

Just a gut feeling , but I think he's managed his last game for us !

I certainly won't be that disappointed that's for sure. What a terrible collapse today. We expected to get nothing from the game and that's exactly what we got. We won't be relegated because of the result today, but the lack of concentration and the failure to see a game through might.

We've got Celtic next week so there's another 0 points... The players need a good boot in the baws before the St. Johnstone game a week on Tuesday as that is a must win game. We can only hope we survive this year and if we do I believe we will be stronger for it. Whoever comes in next season will be better than the bafoon we have at the helm at the moment.

Today's result was a joke being 2-0 up at half time We are not consistent and that has been the problem all season. We have good players in our team and should have been in top half of league but we have players playing in wrong position is that down to manager ? Think it will be decided after the split who will be in playoffs hope it's not us but I fear the outcome Oh the nerves of being a Saints supporter !!!!!!!!!

Bring on the play off......that's what the game is all about being shite and having the last game of the season meaning something... a bucket load better than mid table tedium. the bottom of the league at present is good for the game.

What a load of shite, give yourself a shake.

WTF.

See if you look at the league table you will see that hibs are 7pts in front of us. Even if they have a bad run of results from now till the end of season that culmanates in 1win, 3draws and 4 defeats they will still finish with 40pts.

That would mean going on goaldiff, we would need to finish with 41pts which would mean in 9 games we would need 4wins, 2draws and only 3 defeats. Taking into account that our next game is away to Ceptic, can you honestly say with this manager we are going to accumulate the amount of points needed to drag hibs into the play-off? No. Me neither.

Hibs are on a bad run (despite being eligible for the new manager boost which Tedious Tom always highlights). They have 3 teams behind them who are part of the dogfight who are only 4 and 5 points behind them. 2 of those teams (and us) have played 1 game less than them and should these teams reduce the deficit when they play their game in hand Hibs could find themselves only 2 points clear of Ross County or Partick, and only 4 points clear of ourselves and Killie with 8 games left. I think you may have failed to appreciate the subtle difference between being dragged (perhaps temporarily) into the play-off-spot-dogfight and being certainties to finish 11th. If Hibs lose their next few games or only draw when teams below them win they could go into the split being only 1 or 2 results away from being in 11th.

Last year we finished 11 points clear of Dundee and avoided relegation pretty comfortably, but as we headed towards the split we were temporarily drawn into a 2 horse race for the drop for a few weeks.

Do I think Hibs will finish 11th after being overtaken by Killie, ourselves, Partick Thistle and Ross County? No. Do I think they could soon get sucked into a situation where some of those teams (but not all of them) could overtake or reduce the gap to 1 or 2 points... quite possibly!

well here we go again great first half and 2 goals up job done. however the players as they always do switch off with ten or fifteen mins to go how many times have we conceded late goals . okay you can blame the manager however the players need a rocket up there backside. look back at previous seasons and its always the same as a fan you think great right up to ten mins to go and you just know we are going to lose. no point bringing teale on for 10 mins a player needs to catch up with the game. there used to be a good idea in football you play right up till the final whistle sadly for me our players don't . okay you can argue offside for uniteds first goal but the point is we sadly aren't good enough and if we go to the play off then the manager and players are all to blame . its alright saying yeah we were great the first half but it was all for nothing . being a stmirren fan is so hard and soul destroying at times but you know what we come back for more .