Protest After Kilmarnock Game If Lennon Isn't Already Gone?

bazil85

Was that not our very own Griff that organised that?(I could be wrong!!)

If I remember correctly about 8 folk walked out.

I also remember a mob of some sort assembling behind the Main Stand after that game. It looked more impromptu than organised, though. I tried to get in for a nosey, but they had locked the gates.

There was, of course, the pre-arranged walk out during a defeat to Raith Rovers that attracted about four participants, despite Raith having gone 2-0 ahead minutes before the planned walk out time.

There was, of course, the pre-arranged walk out during a defeat to Raith Rovers that attracted about four participants, despite Raith having gone 2-0 ahead minutes before the planned walk out time.

That's the one I'm thinking about.

All this talk of sacking Daniel Lennon is a little bit of wishful thinking on the part of the exponents of "sack him now".

His contact runs out at the end of the season so there really is no need to sack the man now and throw money away, no need at all. The only viable option (I mentioned earlier in this thread) would be to grant him some well deserved gardening leave, let him put his feet up, de-stress, enjoy some family time but in any case keep him well away from the first team and most importantly team selection.

That would beg the next question though...who do we currently have at the club that would rise to the challenge of managing this team and steering us away from that play off place?

I have been unhappy but with Daniels stupidity in the team selection department for some time but we must surely realise that our board of directors are unlikely to bring about the required change as they most likely would have do so by now. I fear that I may remain "fair scunnered with the fitba" for some time yet!

There are no circumstances under which I would ever boo a man who won us a Cup.

He will be leaving at the end of the season - I'm certain of that. Maybe he'll go beforehand.

Either way, as fans we need to display a bit more class and dignity in defeat.

The way the majority are behaving is embarassing.

Honestly you'd think relegation was worse than death.

Now i'm off to enjoy my Saturday night without you lot ruining it for me.

I've already forgotten about today's defeat.

If we get relegation- it could very well mean death. Nobody in their right mind would by into St.Mirren (unless there is a saint with very deep pockets and spending money on a shakey business prospect is his thing) and the current BOD are doing a good job of steering us close to the edge for the drop and will have less money to spend in the lower league, Rangers and Hearts will be in there next season, so we would likely to be down there for 2 seasons at least, Sponsors will be tempted to review their situation and maybe take sponsorship elsewhere, so suggesting relagation isnt a real danger for us and our future, is at best really baffling!

If we get relegation- it could very well mean death. Nobody in their right mind would by into St.Mirren (unless there is a saint with very deep pockets and spending money on a shakey business prospect is his thing) and the current BOD are doing a good job of steering us close to the edge for the drop and will have less money to spend in the lower league, Rangers and Hearts will be in there next season, so we would likely to be down there for 2 seasons at least, Sponsors will be tempted to review their situation and maybe take sponsorship elsewhere, so suggesting relagation isnt a real danger for us and our future, is at best really baffling!

I'm assuming he meant that relegation isn't worse than anybody actually dying. whistling.gif

I agree 100% relegation would be a disaster for the club, anyone, like a recent thread suggested, who thinks otherwise is not all there.

I would generally say if we loose against Kilmarnock next week but I don't think IF is really needed. If Danny Lennon is not sacked after todays game then I think a demonstration needs to be shown that he should not be the St Mirren manager anymore.

Demonstration?

Eh...don't you think this forum suffices?

I'm not saying relegation isn't a danger. I'm not even saying it wouldn't see us stay in the lower divisions for about 10 years.

If we get relegated life will go on.

It has no choice.

Now I can either allow this to ruin my entire life under some pretence that I am somehow a better person for it or I can accept that sometimes despite your best efforts shit happens and life has other avenues of meaning. I'd prefer not to spend an entire season wallowing in despair like billyg, JJ and a host of others on here.

That doesn't mean I'm happy with how Saints are doing.

It doesn't mean I don't care.

It doesn't mean I want us relegated.

But I'm not going to sit here and pretend that relegation is like losing a family member.

It hurts, it sucks but comparing it to death is ludicrous.

BTW the entire point is that as fans we have absolutely no control over how the players perform each week.

Booing can only ever make it worse.

If the team collectively decide they don't fancy playing for Danny and are prepared to wreck our club's progress to get at him then frankly we are screwed for this season. If we are going to be relegated then we need to be prepared to go down fighting, still supporting the team and demonstrating a lot more class than we are doing now.

Edited by oaksoft

The best way to demonstrate against the standard of football on offer is not to go to the game. That's what I'll be doing next Saturday. I don't pay my money to support the team, I pay my money to be entertained. Couldn't give a toss what league were in.

If it's entertainment you want , you should go to the pictures :P allegedly

The best way to demonstrate against the standard of football on offer is not to go to the game. That's what I'll be doing next Saturday. I don't pay my money to support the team, I pay my money to be entertained. Couldn't give a toss what league were in.

Be prepared for the onslaught ,but I think you are spot on .

I'm not saying relegation isn't a danger. I'm not even saying it wouldn't see us stay in the lower divisions for about 10 years.

If we get relegated life will go on.

It has no choice.

Now I can either allow this to ruin my entire life under some pretence that I am somehow a better person for it or I can accept that sometimes despite your best efforts shit happens and life has other avenues of meaning. I'd prefer not to spend an entire season wallowing in despair like billyg, JJ and a host of others on here.

That doesn't mean I'm happy with how Saints are doing.

It doesn't mean I don't care.

It doesn't mean I want us relegated.

But I'm not going to sit here and pretend that relegation is like losing a family member.

It hurts, it sucks but comparing it to death is ludicrous.

BTW the entire point is that as fans we have absolutely no control over how the players perform each week.

Booing can only ever make it worse.

If the team collectively decide they don't fancy playing for Danny and are prepared to wreck our club's progress to get at him then frankly we are screwed for this season. If we are going to be relegated then we need to be prepared to go down fighting, still supporting the team and demonstrating a lot more class than we are doing now.

i didnt mean death in a literal sense (eg A family member or someone falling of their pertch) but the possible end of our club. And i agree that Booing isnt going to do any good for anyone

I Played golf there once, maybe that explains my madness. wink.png

I love golf. I don't hit the ball as far as I used to but that is just part of getting older and decrepit. That said I still hit the ball further than most lady golfer's and despite my age worn face I am better looking than any of them. The fact is that lady golfer's tend to be a bunch of right ugly bastards.

What has any of this to do with our current manager's immediate future?

Nothing but I am really getting bored of this now. Daniel Lennon should have been sent packing months ago and now our premier league status will be put under threat as a result. If I did not have a season ticket I probably wouldn't go myself on Saturday as I am fair scunnered, fair scunnered indeed.

i didnt mean death in a literal sense (eg A family member or someone falling of their pertch) but the possible end of our club. And i agree that Booing isnt going to do any good for anyone

In which case no I don't agree that it even threatens our clubs existence.

It'll be bad news but it certainly won't see us go out of business.

We've been through much worse than this.