Aberdeen V Saints, Not Sat 16Th August

bingboy

Even I, an eternal optimist, wrote this game off when we were 2-0 down.

A team full of kids I thought, away at an experienced Aberdeen side I thought, they've got no chance now I thought.

Would like to apologise to them for my lack of faith in this team. I should have known better than to write them off, what tremendous spirit they have.

Shame on you elvis stood by them in their time of need.

Here have a laugh at Willie Miller's analysis...

""It's the first time I've seen St Mirren this season. I think they're going to struggle defensively. Their full backs are not tracking back. They had to push up in the second half and they gave Aberdeen opportunities. Aberdeen will be kicking themselves that they haven't taken three points. Mark Reynolds can't throw his hand up in the air like that - it was a stonewall penalty. There was a lot wrong with that St Mirren team but somehow they managed to get a point. That point could be very valuable to them at the end of the season."

Seems we are defending high up the park and with the lack of pace and positioning we have at the back. Aberdeen have missed a barrowload. Miller, Wright and McLean incredulous at how badly organised we are at the back. Hang on Saints!

Ironic we have lost 2 goals, remind me how many have Aberdeen lost?

Someone tell that kunt Miller we have played the same high defensive line for about 3 seasons now. Sounds like he is fekin raging that we didn't conform to his plan and fall deep then buckle late on. It's called defending bravely Willie and I seem to remember him and McLeish doing it for years.

There was a lot wrong with that St Mirren team but somehow they managed to get a point. That point could be very valuable to them at the end of the season."

Lucky but valuable point by all accounts, still can't argue with that comment though as we've all seen for ourselves this season. Long hard journey ahead !

Here have a laugh at Willie Miller's analysis...

""It's the first time I've seen St Mirren this season. I think they're going to struggle defensively. Their full backs are not tracking back. They had to push up in the second half and they gave Aberdeen opportunities. Aberdeen will be kicking themselves that they haven't taken three points. Mark Reynolds can't throw his hand up in the air like that - it was a stonewall penalty. There was a lot wrong with that St Mirren team but somehow they managed to get a point. That point could be very valuable to them at the end of the season."

St Johnstone's manager was making similar points. It sounds as if it needs sorted out, possibly with Tesselaer fiit on Saturday it will make a difference..

St Johnstone's manager was making similar points. It sounds as if it needs sorted out, possibly with Tesselaer fiit on Saturday it will make a difference..

If you read TC,s comments on the tactics the full backs did what they were asked. To be brave and play up the pitch. That's what created the chances and goals.

Most opposition managers do not want teams like us playing with five across the middle and the wingbacks racing forward on the counter.

They don't like it because to counter it they have to take the same risks. Thats why Wright was commenting as he was. He disnae fancy coming up against it!

Edited by Lord Pityme

I've got to be honest it was a great result tonight considering how many we had out but when in Gods name are we going to address that defence Miller is right we are there for the taking as long as we continue with that defence .

At least you show up after we get a great result.

We won't see JJMG, Norrie etc. till we next lose.

I've got to be honest it was a great result tonight considering how many we had out but when in Gods name are we going to address that defence Miller is right we are there for the taking as long as we continue with that defence .

You were nearly 100% happy there but you couldnae quite manage it.

Sorry it's the Grumpy Thread for you bye1.gif

There isn't much difference between JT and Kelly.

We could really be doing with Osbourne back. McAusland and Goodwin are getting dragged into wide areas of the pitch to cover the full backs, if Osbourne was fit he would be able to sit in front and do that for them. Or Plummer being fit again and moving JG back into midfield but to be honest he has steadied the ship back there a wee bit.

McLean and McGinn aren't as effective in the defensive role.