St Mirren V Hamilton Academical - Wed 13Th 7:45 Ko

TopCat

I don't in anyway mate.... He was poor 2nd half tonight but first goal was aided by our defence being caught too high up including Plumber who failed to track back but I see most have managed to ignore that fact.

Also, I am not a cheesy happy clapper or hater but he's a scape goat at times. Guy behind me went from saying at half time "cheesy has been MOTM So far and showed what he can do against well" to "I've said it aww along - he shouldn't get a start"

Lol, what chance has he got?

Anyway, we are poor and looked poorer on the last 2 games than last season I'm afraid and the squad seems weaker too.

Agree with most of that apart from the squad looking weaker. I thought that the loss of Goodwin and Thommo told on us. We got really lucky last season in that Thommo never got injured, had he been out we would have been fecked. TC has tried to address this at least we have a few options up front that are still fitting in.

Only team in the top flight that hasn't found the opposition's net. Says it all. Gonna be a long, difficult season again.

Early days, I know, but felt the appointment of TC was a mistake and the signs aren't encouraging.

People hoping for decent signings before the next game in a couple of weeks. Is it likely? Would you sign for a club that looks like it has lost direction? Doubtful. More bloody loanees if we're lucky.

Club needs to be sold. A new vision and impetus needed.

Only team in the top flight that hasn't found the opposition's net. Says it all. Gonna be a long, difficult season again.

Early days, I know, but felt the appointment of TC was a mistake and the signs aren't encouraging.

People hoping for decent signings before the next game in a couple of weeks. Is it likely? Would you sign for a club that looks like it has lost direction? Doubtful. More bloody loanees if we're lucky.

Club needs to be sold. A new vision and impetus needed.

I've given you a like for your last sentence.

I actually thought the signings looked okay, and won't write them off just yet, but wholeheartedly agree that a freshening up is desperately required. To be brutally honest, the club could have went some way towards achieving this had they brought a new face in as manager, but failed to do this. Again, it is too early to write Wee Tam off, but the initial indications aren't terribly encouraging. New owners, and a new direction looks to be crucial now, if the club is to progress in any meaningful way.

Edited by Drew

Also - Noticed Kenny having a long look towards the West Stand after one of his passes disappeared out the park near the main stand again. Hopefully it wasn't due to someone shouting abuse at him. We waited and prayed all summer that he'd sign on for at least another season with us, directing abuse at him (or anyone else) at our first home game of the season is the last thing we need.

Encouragement develops confidence. Abusing players won't help a thing.

I thought Eliis Plummer did well tonight. You can tell that he's been training at a Club of a higher level. We just didn't look like scoring unfortunately and had Hamilton won 4-0 or 5-0 we couldn't have complained. Onwards and upwards. It is only two games into a new season.

I said earlier we had to start fast and play a high tempo or we would struggle, after 5 seconds that plan was right out the window. I don't like slagging players off but Cheesy wouldn't get a game at the racecourse based on tonight. Strange thing is I think there is a defender in there, just not a footballer.

Young Brown looked lost and it's just too early to throw him into a starting line up, Ball looks like a target man that needs to lose a stone, put 2 great crosses in, but what's the point in him doing it, he's the big CF. Kenny needs to get the head screwed on and do the simple things, looks like the hype has got to him.

The formation was wrong from the start, a team like Accies will be stuffy and hard to break down, we played with no width at all and even when teale came on there wasn't much changed, even he tried to flick a fancy pass to Naismith that went astray from 10 yards, what chance have we got when that's the coach.

Only positive were plumber and marwood, who looks like he could be decent off Thommo, not a 442 formation though, in the Gowser role( just wish it was Gowser, he should never had been released)

Also - Noticed Kenny having a long look towards the West Stand after one of his passes disappeared out the park near the main stand again. Hopefully it wasn't due to someone shouting abuse at him. We waited and prayed all summer that he'd sign on for at least another season with us, directing abuse at him (or anyone else) at our first home game of the season is the last thing we need.

Was that after the 13th or 14th dreadful pass by him?

Just back after roadworks on M8. Poorest display from a Saints side for many many years. No fight no shape no desire second class players. Well beaten by a team with less than half of our support base and probably half our budget. Something is badly wrong here and worrying times ahead. Their young midfield player ran unchallenged for 30 yards before shooting home. Our new signings and our new manager are real concerns allied with Goodwin who is a liability.

Just back after roadworks on M8. Poorest display from a Saints side for many many years. No fight no shape no desire second class players. Well beaten by a team with less than half of our support base and probably half our budget. Something is badly wrong here and worrying times ahead. Their young midfield player ran unchallenged for 30 yards before shooting home. Our new signings and our new manager are real concerns allied with Goodwin who is a liability.

Did you bump a new screen for us?

Was that after the 13th or 14th dreadful pass by him?

Kenny had been so rattled by Neal that he couldn't concentrate or do the simple things well.

Hopefully he will learn.

A night like tonight is now the kind of night I would hope HE assumed responsibility and showed leadership... he has the ability.

I saw him as a wee scrawny boy get battered and bruised by Arthurlie players, and just keep getting up and humiliating them with his skill. That was when I realised I had seen the birth of something special.

Kenny needs to focus and believe that he can still do the same... humiliate the bruisers by leaving them in his wake bewildered. He has the ability... but tonight, Neal's experience and gamesmanship won the battle.

Next time... I expect Kenny to have learned and be ready!

Alex Neil had a great game for Accies. Bruising tackles, then had the brains to take himself off before another yellow might have come his way. Tactically he fcuked Tommy Craig over a barrel.

I certainly screamed for the referee to book him after his second or third tackle, but he ran the show and if that had been Jim Goodwin, we'd rightly have stood up and applauded him off the park.

Accies were more streetwise, better organised, more energetic, tougher in the tackle....

In fact they were better in every department. Full stop.

Alex Neil had a great game for Accies. Bruising tackles, then had the brains to take himself off before another yellow might have come his way. Tactically he fcuked Tommy Craig over a barrel.

I certainly screamed for the referee to book him after his second or third tackle, but he ran the show and if that had been Jim Goodwin, we'd rightly have stood up and applauded him off the park.

Accies were more streetwise, better organised, more energetic, tougher in the tackle....

total crap and you know it... ... their coffee and Bovril is laced with sewage water!!!

We will beat them on catering any day of the week!!! bangin.gif

Was Alex Neil booked? I know Gillespie of Hamilton got booked in the first half.

I don't think he was booked

He came off because he was injured

He was still moving about quicker than our midfield