Official (Apparently)...st Mirren Worst Kits In The Spfl

Same here mate. We always get one of the kits for my boy's birthday. This year he didn't want any of them as in his own words "they are howlin'". He's eleven years old for Christ's sake. What 11 year old football mad kid wouldn't want their team's brand new kit each year?

Whoever sanctioned these pieces of garbage need their head read. It's almost like the club are systematically trying to to destroy our merchandise revenue stream.

Same here. My boy got all 3 tops last year. Asked him if he wanted one for his birthday this year and was left in no doubt that he didn't fancy it.

Dearie me, Div reported a few weeks ago sales were on par for last season............................swings and roundabouts.

As someone said, matters very little in the bigger picture.

I think he said that it wasn't too far away from last seasons sales.. which sounds to me like " we sold a few "

FFS people, what does it actually matter?

Get over it.

What it means, is the new generation of supporters wearing our shirt with pride, meaning more publicity for our great club and ensuring that there is less chance of them jumping ship to the OF or EPL as they get older. It also means revenue for the club and additional sales from other merchandise (potentially). It also means that some other mob will get my cash as the chances are he will want to replace the Saints kit I would have bought with a Liverpool one, or a Barca one, or a Scotland one. I'd say it does matter. What also sticks in my craw is the complete disregard of the views of the people who will be wearing it and/or buying it.

Is it just coincidence that the two clubs with the worst rating are both supplied by JD Sports. Maybe the shouldn't be called "King of Trainers" but " KING OF F**K UPS"

Subjective matter of course, but while anyone is perfectly free to put the boot into JD Sports if they want to, it should be remembered that JD Sports couldn't produce the design into an actual kit unless the board of directors at the club, or a responsible employee, approved the design.

In case I stand accused of trying to massage my own ego with reference to the 2012/13 home strip, I consistently said that I liked last season's JD designed home strip, and I liked the first 'Fila' one they did with the collar. Neither of those were anything to do with me. I also think this season's Notts County home black and white striped shirt is a really nice, clean design. Simple and smart.

I wonder what the alternative designs were like that JD offered to the club for consideration. I genuinely have no idea why the custodians of our club looked at that and went 'yeah, cool - we'll have that'. They must remember the bib strip. They must know that shitloads of yellow screams 'JD claws into St Mirren big time'. They must have looked at that sponsor logo and thought 'fcuk sake, it's shit', and they must have known that red names and numbers on the back of that yellow, black and white barcode will A. Look shite, and B. Be murder polis for commentators who will (I guarantee Jim Spence will), start moaning about getting patches on shirt backs again.

The board must have known, or at least suspected, these things. Surely.

Subjective matter of course, but while anyone is perfectly free to put the boot into JD Sports if they want to, it should be remembered that JD Sports couldn't produce the design into an actual kit unless the board of directors at the club, or a responsible employee, approved the design.

In case I stand accused of trying to massage my own ego with reference to the 2012/13 home strip, I consistently said that I liked last season's JD designed home strip, and I liked the first 'Fila' one they did with the collar. Neither of those were anything to do with me. I also think this season's Notts County home black and white striped shirt is a really nice, clean design. Simple and smart.

I wonder what the alternative designs were like that JD offered to the club for consideration. I genuinely have no idea why the custodians of our club looked at that and went 'yeah, cool - we'll have that'. They must remember the bib strip. They must know that shitloads of yellow screams 'JD claws into St Mirren big time'. They must have looked at that sponsor logo and thought 'fcuk sake, it's shit', and they must have known that red names and numbers on the back of that yellow, black and white barcode will A. Look shite, and B. Be murder polis for commentators who will (I guarantee Jim Spence will), start moaning about getting patches on shirt backs again.

You will of course, be able to have all those questions answered on the Brian Caldwell updates thread.

I think he said that it wasn't too far away from last seasons sales.. which sounds to me like " we sold a few "

How are the sales of the new home strip going ?

JD sales of the home strips are more or less the same as this time last year.

There you go, disagree if you like, I prefer to take Mr Caldwells word. lol.gif

The attempts to make this a serious issue, really, are hilarious.

It means next to nothing, sorry, it means nothing.

So, sales "more or less the same" means NO loss of revenue.

Also means this exodus to the OF will, I'd guess, not happen because of a minging strip.

About a dozen forum members on here, wow, we're in trouble. laugh.png

You will of course, be able to have all those questions answered on the Brian Caldwell updates thread.

They approved it, they must have liked it. It's their club. End of. I have no interest in seriously quizzing board members about their thought process, or to take it any further than what my interest is in the matter - which is to take part in normal forum chat about it.

Like i said earlier, there is defo fewer kits on show than usual. I dont care what the JD spokesperson said, IMO that is simply spin from a salesman to talk the product up.

attachicon.gif10544330_895374387142948_9099365798871474212_n (1).jpg

From this weeks summer camp , spot the saints strip.

Abby goes every day and they have special themed days.

The photo above was taken on a Thursday ( Scotland Day ) She's in the away yin.

St Mirren ( black and white day ) is a wednesday. thumbup2.gif

Edited by shull

Asked my 6 year old what 1 he wanted as I bought his 2 wee brothers there first saints tops and his reply was can a get the celtic away it looks nicer.

My wee yin asked for a Hibs strip the other day.

Jim Spence and the rest could tell you Celtic and Rangers players names if they were wearing black strips with black name and numbers on their strips. And playing at night with no floodlights on.

Poor wee lad!

Like i said earlier, there is defo fewer kits on show than usual. I dont care what the JD spokesperson said, IMO that is simply spin from a salesman to talk the product up.

attachicon.gif10544330_895374387142948_9099365798871474212_n (1).jpg

From this weeks summer camp , spot the saints strip.

even the son of god has opted for a scotland strip instead thumbdown.gif

That's because it WAS Scotland day.

There was also a Saint Mirren day this week!

FFS get the facts straight if your spouting!bangin.gif