Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

Maybe it was 'negative' to say our ground is in an 'undesireable' area, we don't have players of great value, the stadium and training complex are done and dusted... but as someone else said, it's all true.

It begs the questions, in big, huge, bold letters, posed in the direction of any possible buyers, Scottish, Argentinian, or Klingon... What's in it for you....Why St Mirren...How is this being funded...What are your plans...Who are you....You urnae' St Mirren fans.

Basically, everything asked of REA. Asked again.

Edited by pozbaird

The talent platform model is surely a non starter after the tightening of the work permit regulations unless of course they were EEC passport holders. Given SG's very public statements on selling to the right people it would smsck of a massive u-turn or desperation to sell to this mob.

As a business I think there is a lot of potential development that could be explored with the assets we have. As a football club we are on a solid footing (off the park). However after 5 years no 'St Mirren minded' philanthropist has emerged that has a few million to blow.

Maybe other options are being explored as there is only so much much time you can want out without coming to the conclusion its maybe best to cut your losses. A foreign buy-out may not be the best option but may be the only option.

The talent platform model is surely a non starter after the tightening of the work permit regulations unless of course they were EEC passport holders. Given SG's very public statements on selling to the right people it would smsck of a massive u-turn or desperation to sell to this mob.

Not sure that's entirely fair mate. Whoever the board sells to deserves to be given a fair crack of the whip. Pointless to judge them purely on the basis that they are from Argentina.

If it happens there is a possibility that it might be one of the best things we have ever known and we end up winning the league in the next few years, with the title being clinched in a 5-0 win at Parkhead. Or it could be an utter shambles.

Not sure that's entirely fair mate. Whoever the board sells to deserves to be given a fair crack of the whip. Pointless to judge them purely on the basis that they are from Argentina.

If it happens there is a possibility that it might be one of the best things we have ever known and we end up winning the league in the next few years, with the title being clinched in a 5-0 win at Parkhead. Or it could be an utter shambles.

Not having ago because they are from Argentina Div nor am I saying it would be an utter disaster. Point I was making was that it would appear to me to be a u-turn in stance if the current board were to sell to this consortium. As I said they may be desperate to sell which is quite understandable given how long this has dragged on.

Story on STV website says the group wanted to buy into Motherwell, didn't get anywhere, so turned their attention to St Mirren.

Now, this troubles me. Not because they are Argentinian. If they were from Largs, Bothwell, Renfrew, Stirling or Lenzie and had jumped from Motherwell to St Mirren, my attitude would be the same... WTF? basically.

Potential new owners, no matter their nationality, should not treat any scepticism they may encounter as a reflection on their nationality, sexuality, race, creed or colour. It's very simple really. Just show them this....

Dundee - Stefano & Co.

Livingston - Massone & Co.

Rangers - Whyte, Green, Easdale & Co.

Hearts - Romanov.

Gretna - Mileson.

Raith - Anelka & Co.

No need to go on.

Who are you?

Why St Mirren?

What's in it for you?

What are your plans?

How is this being funded?

Who will be running the show?

Is it all Cheesy's fault?

...for starters.

Not happening according to Chick Young on Radio Scotland news earlier.

Whether our board said no, the Argentinians said no, or Chick is talking pish is anyone's guess.

Chico has talked so much shite this season that I needed to go to Maplins to buy a new radio with a working shite-o-meter.

Not happening according to Chick Young on Radio Scotland news earlier.

Whether our board said no, the Argentinians said no, or Chick is talking pish is anyone's guess.

I think he's talking pish.

Argentinian businessmen don't regularly fly in , check places out then think 'better update Chic'

I think this will be a developing situation with more info in the next few weeks.

Story on STV website says the group wanted to buy into Motherwell, didn't get anywhere, so turned their attention to St Mirren.

Now, this troubles me. Not because they are Argentinian. If they were from Largs, Bothwell, Renfrew, Stirling or Lenzie and had jumped from Motherwell to St Mirren, my attitude would be the same... WTF? basically.

Potential new owners, no matter their nationality, should not treat any scepticism they may encounter as a reflection on their nationality, sexuality, race, creed or colour. It's very simple really. Just show them this....

Dundee - Stefano & Co.

Livingston - Massone & Co.

Rangers - Whyte, Green, Easdale & Co.

Hearts - Romanov.

Gretna - Mileson.

Raith - Anelka & Co.

No need to go on.

Who are you?

Why St Mirren?

What's in it for you?

What are your plans?

How is this being funded?

Who will be running the show?

Is it all Cheesy's fault?

...for starters.

I'd have thought your first question would have been "Will you fix the Hall of Fame boards ?"

It does seem slightly strange that these fellas have been so publically shown round the stadium, photographed leaving the ground and openly discussed by Gary Teale on STV.

In the whole 5 years the club has been up for sale, aside from 10000Hours, there has never been an ounce of confirmation from the selling consortium about the identity of any of the interested bidders.

Very strange.

I'd have thought your first question would have been "Will you fix the Hall of Fame boards ?"

Steady Div... That would take massive investment levels. A self-adhesive print of Basher with some text to complete the existing 'Ludo Roy' panel, and the addition of a new panel featuring DVZ with two spaces for the next two additions.

It's crazy to think an undertaking like this can be achieved in the current Scottish football climate.

It does seem slightly strange that these fellas have been so publically shown round the stadium, photographed leaving the ground and openly discussed by Gary Teale on STV.

In the whole 5 years the club has been up for sale, aside from 10000Hours, there has never been an ounce of confirmation from the selling consortium about the identity of any of the interested bidders.

Very strange.

Force the hand of a stalling buyer?