St Mirren V Inverness Caledonian Thistle Scottish Cup 29/11/14

shull

I fully understand the disillusionment and apathy of other supporters. This post is not intended to be a rallying call. Just how I feel about this game and our club.Today I bought a ticket for the game. I told the ticket lady that no one individual is bigger than the club, and even though I disagreed with the management appointments, it should not stop me supporting the team. She gave a wry smile.Staff in the office are as important as the manager. They will be the first to lose their jobs if we go down.Team needs support. Club will still be there long after TC and JG have left this club.Both those individuals have dragged St Mirren down in my opinion. I specifically raise the discipline record of JG with BoD last night, and by all accounts he was severely reprimanded and warned of his future conduct.... Whatever that means these days.In 1987 and 2013 the cup wins papered over the all too evident cracks. Both wins should have allowed reinvestment and rebuilding of the team. Relegation followed the 87 win. Will history repeat itself?However maybe a run in the SC this year will lift the doom and gloom.I'm desperately trying to be positive....but nothing TC said last night made any difference to most of those present. He went further down in my estimations.Lennon and McPherson had their faults, but when they spoke and explained their decisions they were at least believable.I used to wonder why TC never came out and spoke to media after games to give Lennon a break when we went on losing streaks. Now I know why.As ever.....COYS!

Good for you Slash, every time it gets nearer the match I start to become a bit more positive. Just prior to The Accies game I was starting to think that maybe we could win this. Then the team was announced, that was the straw that broke the camels back for me. To basically throw in the towel and the youngsters was beyond belief. Followed by a post match press conference that was unbelievable. Sorry but I just couldn't pay money to be more or less angry, frustrated and depressed.

I take my hat off to you and fellow suffers that have decided to go, I'm not boycotting the game I just don't see any reason to go.

I fully understand the disillusionment and apathy of other supporters. This post is not intended to be a rallying call. Just how I feel about this game and our club.

Today I bought a ticket for the game. I told the ticket lady that no one individual is bigger than the club, and even though I disagreed with the management appointments, it should not stop me supporting the team. She gave a wry smile.

Staff in the office are as important as the manager. They will be the first to lose their jobs if we go down.

Team needs support. Club will still be there long after TC and JG have left this club.

Both those individuals have dragged St Mirren down in my opinion. I specifically raise the discipline record of JG with BoD last night, and by all accounts he was severely reprimanded and warned of his future conduct.... Whatever that means these days.

In 1987 and 2013 the cup wins papered over the all too evident cracks. Both wins should have allowed reinvestment and rebuilding of the team. Relegation followed the 87 win. Will history repeat itself?

However maybe a run in the SC this year will lift the doom and gloom.

I'm desperately trying to be positive....but nothing TC said last night made any difference to most of those present. He went further down in my estimations.

Lennon and McPherson had their faults, but when they spoke and explained their decisions they were at least believable.

I used to wonder why TC never came out and spoke to media after games to give Lennon a break when we went on losing streaks. Now I know why.

As ever.....

COYS!

Great post mate totally agree.

I doubt Tommy would say something positive like this re; this game

Inverness manager John Hughes believes their Scottish Premiership form can give them the confidence to go all the way in the Scottish Cup.

The Highlanders lie in second place with 29 points, and Hughes is dreaming of a Hampden final in May.

"We're more than capable of winning it, trust me on that, more than capable," Hughes told BBC Scotland.

"I think that the accumulation of points that we've showed in the league prove that."

quoted from BBC website.

I doubt Tommy would say something positive like this re; this game

Inverness manager John Hughes believes their Scottish Premiership form can give them the confidence to go all the way in the Scottish Cup.

The Highlanders lie in second place with 29 points, and Hughes is dreaming of a Hampden final in May.

"We're more than capable of winning it, trust me on that, more than capable," Hughes told BBC Scotland.

"I think that the accumulation of points that we've showed in the league prove that."

quoted from BBC website.

We'll win.

Hope so Shull.

Would be excellent to get a win when least expected , here's hoping.

I think 1-3 defeat.

Would love a boring 1-0 win though !

We'll get beat, my 20 quid will be spent on a case of peroni and a tikka masala, far better value for money than watching that shite.

We'll get beat, my 20 quid will be spent on a case of peroni and a tikka masala, far better value for money than watching that shite.

I think we will get beat , it's only in recent weeks that I've predicted defeats.

I normally even if we are 1 down believe we can or will win , of course I'm nearly always wrong.

I thought Hamilton would beat us 4-1 , I got the margin right but I never want us to lose.

I did however say if that was a game we lose and Tommy is gone because of it then so be it.

Seems he has been given a licence to continue losing , no matter how many !

FFS , he appears untouchable :(

I still want him gone , I want to be positive but it's difficult when we still have a guy with one of the worst managerial records in any league , anywhere !

not going sorry no way am i giving them my cash this time

total crap being giving by gilmour & craig they will tell us anything to get us to part with our money.

love the club

but out of love with them going to work saturdays from now in december

will go new year game ,but if hes still there after that not going back this season

were sad saints fan

Can fully understand fans that are saying , "f*ck it I'm no going" but I'm drawn back in with that optimism that comes with being a Buddie !

As some have already said St Mirren will be there long after TC.

Just need to hope that Thommo does indeed possess "Superman" powers to drag us out of the current mess we are in !

COYS !

Edited by Dare

Can fully understand fans that are saying , "f*ck it I'm no going" but I'm drawn back in with that optimism false hope that comes with being a Buddie !

As some have already said St Mirren will be there long after TC.

Just need to hope that Thommo does indeed possess "Superman" powers to drag us out of the current mess we are in !

COYS !

Fixed it for you

Thomo - McGinn - Osborne are all playing tomorrow :)

Great news. Three tremendous players who we have missed terribly.

I'm not confident we will get a result tomorrow. ICT are joint top of the league, and rightly so. They've been one of the best sides in the country this season and they beat us pretty comfortably with 10 men a few weeks back.

They're a strong, well drilled side at the back and they have dangerous players going forward. It's a really terrible draw for us. Alas, you never know, but it's hard to see us drawing the game never mind winning.

I'm glad some previously undecided fans have came round during the week and will be going tomorrow. There will be a young St Mirren team out there in Paisley, and our support will help them. Any problem the fans have with the BOD/management is not the players fault.

Tickets will be on sale at the ground right up to kick off if anyone's at a loss what to do tomorrow afternoon...:)

Glad to hear that Thommo is on the way back but obviously he is not anywhere near match fit not having played for six months. And even if he was firing on all cylinders all he can do is put away chances. And how many chances did we create against Partick Thistle in our last home defeat? That was a crusher of a game for me. We hardly got the ball in the box the whole game never mind create even a couple of half-decent chances.

As I say it's great to see Thommo return but it will take a lot more than that to revive our fortunes but its a small step in the right direction.

Glad to hear that Thommo is on the way back but obviously he is not anywhere near match fit not having played for six months. And even if he was firing on all cylinders all he can do is put away chances. And how many chances did we create against Partick Thistle in our last home defeat? That was a crusher of a game for me. We hardly got the ball in the box the whole game never mind create even a couple of half-decent chances.

As I say it's great to see Thommo return but it will take a lot more than that to revive our fortunes but its a small step in the right direction.

Just the fact he,s on the park is a massive lift for us.Osborne and McGinn playing as well gives us much more in the middle of the park.I,m now positive about tomorrow and looking forward to it.

Just the fact he,s on the park is a massive lift for us.Osborne and McGinn playing as well gives us much more in the middle of the park.I,m now positive about tomorrow and looking forward to it.

Agreed these players back will make a huge diffrance , really think we can win tomorrow :)