Smfc V Sjfc. 6.12.14

shull

Others might and want us to lose so that his departure is hastened. I never could feel that way about our team.

I totally agree.

I do want us to bring in a new manager, but I genuinely can't want us to lose a game of football.

Regardless of your feelings on the man, surely people would rather (as unlikely as it sounds & I don't think he will) TC turned it round?

Regardless of your feelings on the man, surely people would rather (as unlikely as it sounds & I don't think he will) TC turned it round?

You'd think so, but it seems that there's a sizeable section of our support who want him to fail. We've already had one 'fan' admit he's wanting us to lose on Saturday.

He's obviously well past the tipping point with most of the fans, but I think he is approaching that with the BOD too.

They were always going to give him till Christmas, and it's right for any manager to get half a season at least.

Well, that's us in December, and the squad crisis has cleared up.

Before Christmas we have this game, Parkhead then home to Motherwell. That's at home to 2 fellow bottom 6 teams, one of whom we should have beaten and one we have beaten already this season.

He needs to get us out the bottom 2 by 5pm after the Motherwell game. If he can't, I think the BOD will be forced act.

Topcat. Very well put post.However I feel we have to change now.A couple of years ago Danny said at an AGM that Tommmy was his best ever signing.Tommy is no doubt a good Coach but unfortunately is not a Leader.Honest to God his answers last week were embarrassing. I do not know what The Board thought of it all but they now must realise he is well out of his comfort zone.

I think TopCat is probably right, with the Motherwell being the make or break game for him. The only thing that could possibly force the hand of the board before then is if we get well beaten on Saturday and Ross County and Motherwell pick up wins, which is looking unlikely.

You'd think so, but it seems that there's a sizeable section of our support who want him to fail. We've already had one 'fan' admit he's wanting us to lose on Saturday.He's obviously well past the tipping point with most of the fans, but I think he is approaching that with the BOD too.They were always going to give him till Christmas, and it's right for any manager to get half a season at least.Well, that's us in December, and the squad crisis has cleared up.Before Christmas we have this game, Parkhead then home to Motherwell. That's at home to 2 fellow bottom 6 teams, one of whom we should have beaten and one we have beaten already this season.He needs to get us out the bottom 2 by 5pm after the Motherwell game. If he can't, I think the BOD will be forced act.

TC no one wanted him to fail or wants him to fail. The truth is we're bottom of the league and out of both cups and he has alienated the fans."HE HAS FAILED."

It's the failure of the BOD to act that's frustrating most fans.

Edited by Kendo

surely saints just once this season(to start with) give us long suffering fans something to cheer and not jeer about .a win at home ,i even sent ma letter to santa asking for this

I was pished when I wrote my letter and sent it to satan by mistake.

Anybody got a spare goat?whistling.gif

Sorry to say so Shull, but I'm pretty sure Tommy will still be in charge for this one. however should we loose, especially if we loose heavily it will be his last. After that I'd imagine in-house promotion (Teale and Goodwin, or Thommo) which would be a bad move imo, or hopefully somebody from a lower league maybe Ian Murray or Barry Smith.

Undeterred Shull I'm going with

Ridgers

Naismith Cheesy Tess Kelly

Osbourne McGinn

Teale McLean Reilly

Thommo

Sadly 3-0 to the Fakes and I'll make my suggestions to Barry next week.
Reilly? Not a chance for me. No pace no dig no nothing a passenger. Tommy said he couldn't have faddy in his team cos he doesn't work hard enough wtf? No let's persist with Reilly , cheesy, Naismith and Kelly then throw in marwood, ball and caldwell. I couldn't care less if they're young they ain't got it. People will say oh but they're young and they have potential. Get real they have a losing mentality and Kelly and Naismith are bang average whilst the rest well they can go anytime. Tommy May be doing poorly but he isn't being helped by this lot. Edited by norrie82

The obvious thing would be to predict a defeat based on form.

I noticed though , that despite how bad things are and the emotions running high over the 'managers' position that on Tuesday some of us felt a wee bit optimistic about getting a result.Clearly that optimism was misguided at best.

So how do you call this one ? Obvious defeat / Tommy out ( that part has to happen regardless ) , let's hope this is the game that may well prompt his exit ?

Unfortunately , while we never want to lose , we are prepared to accept 'the gubbing required ' to remove Tommy.

The chips are down , Tommy admitted tonight on the radio that 'early in the season we were playing well but not taking our chances. Now we are not playing well and confidence is low'

Gary Teale was asked if there is any money to pay wages to bring in new players in January he said 'if I'm honest no there probably isn't '

So Tommy can scout subbuteo players in London if he wishes after admitting he is taking us backwards with the 'backing' of the board , Goodwin can site on the sidelines , Teale can play less games but we are expected to turn up regardless.

This is the game that we will unexpectedly win , which is great , but sadly it will give Tommy a 'stay of execution'

Who wants to win this one ?

Saints 2 - 1 Fakes

got to be a win...we need it (obviously)

whether you can or cannot see a victory coming on saturday for us doesnt really matter

what matters is we get behind the team regardless if you like the manager or not

if you want to stay away then thats your choice..go to the pub and sit with "the bears"

on saturday I will be wishing for a victory...same as every saturday

C'mon the saints

I'll be there but not expecting much. Even if we do get a result it will more than likely be an anomaly rather than a turning point. We are beyond 'a bad run of form' or 'lack of confidence'.. we are a team crumbling under Tommy Craig.

Hopefully there will be an improvement on the current return on my season ticket of 1 point and 3 goals thumbdown.gif

Edited by irvine_buddie