Best Saints Goal You Have Witnessed

Love threads like this.

Scanlon v Celtic was the best strike of a ball I've ever seen from a Saints player.

Hewitt v Falkirk was the easily the best "team" goal due to the time we held the ball and the number of passes before the finish

Mallan's goal, however, was as good an individual goal as I've seen from any player for a long time. Special.

All my opinion right enough!

Big Stickroth and Gunni.... icon12.gif

Archie "always a tit" McPherson: "...and the small band of St.Mirren fans celebrate"... there's at least 2,000 of us there!

that was a real fun day. Every 5 mins or so, a Suciide Rebel made a mad dash across no-man's land (and 2 fences") to try and get at us HAHAHAHAHA

For me, what makes this goal extra special is the fact that the boy deftly won the ball in midfield himself before starting the run.

What happened after that is good but the ball winning makes it extra special.

Definitely up there for me.

The likes of Scanlon & Beckett's goals were spectacular and are also remembered for winning us games against C*ltic.

But I like the goals where the player beats a few guys before scoring, eg Mallan's goal and Yardley at Cappielow. As mentioned by someone else, Scanlon did this on more than one occasion.

For me though, the 'Bone on his own' goal is also a belter as he also runs from his own half, outpacing what is arguably the greatest ever defence in Scottish football history, before slotting it away. I'm pretty sure that win 'goal of the season'.

Season 80/81 - It DID win BBC goal of the season - selected by then Scotland manager - Jock Stein.

It was a "Sportscene" game - back then there was cameras at only 2 games a week! (One BBC / 1 STV)

Archie "always a tit" McPherson: "...and the small band of St.Mirren fans celebrate"... there's at least 2,000 of us there!

that was a real fun day. Every 5 mins or so, a Suciide Rebel made a mad dash across no-man's land (and 2 fences") to try and get at us HAHAHAHAHA

Altogether now "THE FIRST ONE WAS SCORED BY GUNNI......"

ONE of the best days of my Saints supporting life! (Tannadice "rout" / 87 cup final / Fir Park comeback) are all up there too!

I remember standing behind a couple of guys who produced their bookies slip just after the third goal - it was for us to win 3-0. They were they only ones not chanting "We want 4" for the rest of the game. No idea what odds they got or how much they had on it but it must have bought them a few pints.

There was a bookies advert on the back of one of the papers that morning, and the odds for 3-0 were 80/1.

I remember standing behind a couple of guys who produced their bookies slip just after the third goal - it was for us to win 3-0. They were they only ones not chanting "We want 4" for the rest of the game. No idea what odds they got or how much they had on it but it must have bought them a few pints.

If I remember correctly that was Broonie and his pals from The Station Bar bus.

So difficult to choose from so many brilliant goals. But for me personally the extra time flying header from Jimmy Bone in the semi-final of the Anglo Scottish cup at Brunden park Bolton on a cold Tuesday night, will live long I'm my memory. We actually beat a team containing the likes of Neil Whatmore Frank Worthington Len Cantello and a host of other big name players.

The feeling when Jimmy connected with that cross from I think it was Peter Weir or Lex Richardson was just magical. Last min of extra time and in the final :) only Scottish club ever to win it :)