Transfer News

The strength in our current team is the three attacking midfielders McLean , McGinn and Mallan , and any formation should be built round these three . IMO we should play a holding midfielder behind them , and a fast forward and a tall target man in front of them .

So Mr Pini if your able to , send over a central defender , a holding midfielder , a big strong centre forward , and a forward fast as fcuk . At this stage we don,t need youngsters for these positions , four players in their mid twenties who think they should be playing in the premiership will do.

McLean is twice the player McGowan ever will be. Mallan and McGinn are already better than him too, and they're both under 21.

There's no doubting our 3 lads have great talent, but if I'm not mistaken it wasn't so long

ago that many including yourself regarded McGowan as our best player...

And that was when we had a far better team than the crap we have now....

There's no doubting our 3 lads have great talent, but if I'm not mistaken it wasn't so long

ago that many including yourself regarded McGowan as our best player...

And that was when we had a far better team than the crap we have now....

Oh he was for a couple of years.

Then last year McLean and McGinn overtook him, while his form dropped dramatically. From what I've seen of him since it hasn't picked up.

I believe he has yet to score a league goal for Dundee? Not surprised in the slightest. Would you play him ahead of either McLean, McGinn or Mallan?

It does sound a bit melodramatic to suggest that if McLean leaves we're down, but I also believe it to be true.

It is a woeful state of affairs that we are hanging on by the fingernails courtesy of one player, but that is pretty much the size of it.

If we get a decent offer for McLean he is gone. We are not a club who could knock back £250k. It would also give us a chance to reinvest. I just hope GT has a plan in place of this happens. I also feel it would be unfair to stand in Kenny's way

Do you genuinely believe that, in our current state of limbo, a (derisory) sum such as £250K would be reinvested in the squad.

Not a chance.

Losing Kenny just now would be a lose lose scenario, be in no doubt about that.

£250k would be a slap on the face. There is no way we should except anything less than £750k. He has another year left on his current deal so we hold the aces in any deal.

Agreed.

Only stumbling block might be a release clause in his contract.