Gary Teale "as I Say"

A lot of folk, you know, use wee inserts, you know, to give them time to , a mean, think, eh, don't you do, well, you know, that too? As I say.

Edited to add,.

Perhaps he's conscious of the number of players, ex players and managers who constantly say, you know, you know!

Edited by stlucifer

I noticed it a couple of weeks ago in a post match interview. Last week when I was in the car with the wife and kids, I gave them a heads up on the "I say" -ism, that Gary has, as he started another interview. They were in stitches, as he reached double figures with them. I felt guilty after it, as I like Teale and think he interviews a lot better than Oor Danny and Craig.... I say.

As someone who does regular pieces to camera I'd say it is not an easy skill especially given a few minutes notice and when your mind is focussed on highlighting specific points.
I have to be well rehearsed to do it well but that's not a luxury Gary has time for. There are media interaction & presentation courses which would provide a lot of improvement but I'd much rather he was sorting out the players, his tactics and searching for reinforcements.

As I say...leave the guy alone it's no easy ! smile.png