So Farewell Then......

I thought when Inverness pissed all over us at home that we were in trouble and I can't see us clawing our way back from this tbh. Any team that has a home record of W 1, D 2 and L 13, goals for 8 (wtf !) goals against 25 deserves to go down

Motherwell can go ten points clear of us if they win on Tuesday effectively relegating us before the split ..... all the pressure is on us and I think we're f*cked ! sad.png

I fully expect a reduction in price for next seasons ST as not only are we playing at a lower level but the Championship has 1 less home game than the Premier.

No chance. Ticket prices haven't increased in years, that'll be the excuse for maintaining existing prices.

We deserve this fate. That's not defeatist, it's the harsh reality.

I resigned myself to it weeks ago. Doesn't mean I like it. Nor does it mean that I don't have my own clear view as to where culpability lies, but I've reconciled myself to the drop.

What a shambles our club has become. Its a shame.

Now, with the benefit of hindsight, it can be established without reasonable doubt, that the optimists have lost convincingly to the pessimists.

I would count myself as an optimist, but now accept that my initial optimism was based on false hope and wishful thinking.

The sole reason for this is obvious to everyone and whilst they deserved the plaudits for their previous rescue of the club, it is indisputable that the BoD have now carefully designed the demise of our beloved club by their ineptitude and woeful decisions (or non-decisions) since the League Cup win in 2013.

It is the opposite of the Easter message - from resurrection to crucifixion.

No chance. Ticket prices haven't increased in years, that'll be the excuse for maintaining existing prices.

"No matter what you think of us, the season just past or the decisions we've made whilst mismanaging your investment. This is still YOUR club and YOUR investment in a season ticket, at last season's prices, will see YOUR club survive going forward." - Expect the letter through your mailbox in June.

They can have 20% reduction the way I am feeling now doubt we will be renewing our three season tickets.The Board have totally messed up this season.Time for Mr Gilmour to resign.

...and we go round in that never ending circle again and again... We cannot shout 'Gilmour GTF' - he's been trying to GTF for over five years. The method and price he wants for getting to fcuk is a whole different argument mind you, but still, our board are fcuking Teflon-coated.

Scarlet & Blue.

That is true but our plight is hopeless unless we have leadership from the boardroom. This board will not lead and as a result we are slipping big time. The team may well remain but we are not going to be back in the top flight for years. This is a disaster for ralston as well. What a dreadful mess Gilmour has made if this season after all the good he has done

I'm ok at arithmetic so I know Saints are not yet in the knacker's yard. :)

However, I'm also ok at logic so, as the arithmetic merely states that Saints need to play in the upcoming games as they've never played this season, the logic looks like making arithmetic a loser.... :(

I am now operating on hope... :unsure:

Edited by bluto

I'm ok at arithmetic so I know Saints are not yet in the knacker's yard. :)

However, I'm also ok at logic so, as the arithmetic merely states that Saints need to play in the upcoming games as they've never played this season, the logic looks like making arithmetic a loser.... :(

I am now operating on hope... :unsure:

I'd update your sat-nav - Hope has been lost :P

I'm not spitting the dummy out here as I have been here before quite a few times as has many of us.

Still have a sick feeling in the gut though, bummer utter bummer.

Plenty been said about the board , I agree in that they made a big mess this season. Given the deal they knocked back for 10,000 hours ( cut offer ) I cant see them dropping the price as such see them here long term. Just my opinion.

It will now come down to the odd game next season some home, some away. Will I be taking out a season ticket. I know the less money that comes in at the start of next season the more we will struggle because there will be little money to pay out bringing in the right players needed. Can really see us struggling fighting just to stay in what I call the first division.

So maybe my heart will rule my head and will purchase a new season ticket. St Mirren means too much , St Mirren is not the current board , the manager , the team. All have come and gone over the many years of the clubs existence.

Lastly the one thing that would excite (me) is Stevie Thompson taking up the managers job. Dont slate me as its only my opinion on what I would love to see.

I'm not spitting the dummy out here as I have been here before quite a few times as has many of us.

Still have a sick feeling in the gut though, bummer utter bummer.

Plenty been said about the board , I agree in that they made a big mess this season. Given the deal they knocked back for 10,000 hours ( cut offer ) I cant see them dropping the price as such see them here long term. Just my opinion.

It will now come down to the odd game next season some home, some away. Will I be taking out a season ticket. I know the less money that comes in at the start of next season the more we will struggle because there will be little money to pay out bringing in the right players needed. Can really see us struggling fighting just to stay in what I call the first division.

So maybe my heart will rule my head and will purchase a new season ticket. St Mirren means too much , St Mirren is not the current board , the manager , the team. All have come and gone over the many years of the clubs existence.

Lastly the one thing that would excite (me) is Stevie Thompson taking up the managers job. Dont slate me as its only my opinion on what I would love to see.

There is no reason to believe that Thommo would do any better than Teale - but yes it would be Roy of the Rovers stuff if ST did succeed in the managers role, but that would be a very brave decision based on the GT experience - who imo should not be held responsible for the shambles of this season.

The direction and leadership which we crave (and badly need) is mere wishful thinking and is not going to happen under the current BoD.

Edited by northstbuddie

I think the new manager has to come from outside the club. We need a new start and a big clearout of the playing staff.

If the club are going to be asking for over £400 for me & my boy's season tickets for next season then I'll have a lot of thinking and soul searching to do.

I can honestly say that I've never felt so apathetic about the club and I've been going for 40 odd years.

Edited by Edinbuddie

I think the new manager has to come from outside the club. We need a new start and a big clearout of the playing staff.

If the club are going to be asking for over £400 for me & my boy's season tickets for next season then I'll have a lot of thinking and soul searching to do.

I can honestly say that I've never felt so apathetic about the club and I've been going for 40 odd years.

The only plus is we have two tv matches and a few players who appeared to see playing for a move as motivation on Friday. The obvious problems being a young squad next season, a comatose board and a club for sale with decisions being made month to month.

What manager would come in to this? Aside from maybe McGlynn or someone like that, Grant Murray perhaps or even Young or Aitken.

Erm, I was worried after the Game 3 against Dundee - two 1-0 defeats in games we could have won and a humping from Hamilton when JG was suspended plus realizing that a clearly unfit Thommocloud9.gif was probably not going to provide his customary 15 goals this time around.

Since then it's been a case of the inevitable with a clearly unbalanced squad fighting it's way to the bottom. We'd probably still be in the hunt if we hadn't had to sell McLean but even with Kenny I doubt we'd have been able to match the spurt put on by County & 'Well in recent weeks.

Relegation, it's an occupational hazard for a club our size and I'll be there for the remaining games of this season plus next one but it's galling to have fallen so far so fast.

It was quieter than normal last night at the game. A lot of fans don't attend when the Old From visit, but the present circumstances, TV coverage and Holiday weekend had its effect. A number of players did raise their game, McGinn in particular was much better (trying to impress future employer), and Sadlier was excellent in first half, but despite lots of effort and getting the fans on side, the problems apparent at the beginning of the season were there for all to see.... toothless in front of goal.

Our time has come..... poor management all year, poor decisionmaking. The home record has destroyed us. The fact that our strikers are so starved of the ball, almost every season, that they end up out of position chasing balls into the corner, sums up our woes. I fear many seasons back down below. There is no way we will save ourselves and two weekends in a row of Motherwell and Ross County winning has finished us.

Roll on August.... maybe, just maybe the BoD will wakw up sufficiently to do something about making the club saleable again.

No They don't!!! what Planet do you live on? Fans are leaving in ever increasing numbers

This !

Shite players , Shite Stadium , shite strip , shite manager(s) shite decisions by a shitey board means I will have attended less games this season than in any previous season. Shite situation !