New Manager?

johnmeiksy

Why so many people want Ian Murray as manager is beyond belief, for one he's contracted for two years at Dumbarton and our BOD will not pay compo. Secondly he is not what we need. We require an experienced manager with maybe a younger man assisting.

You do know he's managed to get Dumbarton within 48 points of the title? C'mon he's an obvious footballing master tactician!

Murray has kept them comfortably in the championship on a budget of a penny caramel, an old chessy, and an elastic band. Probably the type of manager Saints will require next season to stop us sliding to division 1. Maybe?

Wow such ambition!!! How about Butcher or Derek Adams, took their wee clubs to top 5 in SPL, not top 7 in Champuionship. I think SG is posting secretly on here

Wow such ambition!!! How about Butcher or Derek Adams, took their wee clubs to top 5 in SPL, not top 7 in Champuionship. I think SG is posting secretly on here

Adams had a wee bit of money behind him and was eventually bagged for all the signing policy he'd undertaken. Not sure about Butcher, his spell at Hibs is a bit too fresh for me.

there's a big difference in the wage budgets which you don't seem to grasp

I grasp thanks, its a vicious circle as Saints will have circa 2500 home att, we know need to prey the Rankers stay put. Wonder if the groundsman could double up as manager next season?

Nah clearly we should go for the assistant manager of Valencia :lol:

Well he's on record as saying he wants to take on a club in Scotland that he can build from the roots up, so i take him at his word, and I highlight we will have a vacancy at the end of the season, if not sooner, and we need a new long term approach.

Whats your counterpoint?

I don't want The Newcunto F. C. and their moronic bigoted f**kwit fans at our Stadium next or any Season.

Better that Club becomes deceased.

Eh, thanks to our performances we need the money. As much as I hate them I will take the hundreds of thousands they will give my beloved Saints

Well he's on record as saying he wants to take on a club in Scotland that he can build from the roots up, so i take him at his word, and I highlight we will have a vacancy at the end of the season, if not sooner, and we need a new long term approach.

Whats your counterpoint?

Need to keep grass pitch.whistling.gif

Why so many people want Ian Murray as manager is beyond belief, for one he's contracted for two years at Dumbarton and our BOD will not pay compo. Secondly he is not what we need. We require an experienced manager with maybe a younger man assisting.

And I have heard that Jack Ross set Dumbarton up to achieve what they did (training, identifying players etc.,) and when he left they began to falter

As quoted by DougJamie, "it is expected that saints home crowd would be circa 2500" I think that figure will be higher

depending on league position, what opposition we are playing, what manager we have, what players we have and whether or not the current BOD,s are still in place. If we could have a new manager, which I very much doubt, then Terry Butcher would be my

choice.