St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

I wouldn't read too much into Teale being considered favourite. He's currently the man in the gaffer's seat, so it stands to reason that a national paper with as much clue as to goings on as you or I, reckon he'll be favourite.

I still don't expect him to be St. Mirren manager this time next week.

I asked on a Notts County forum what they thought about him. Here is one of the responses:

i like st mirren because of the black n white connection !

lets just say i really hope he doesnt get the job there, hes a clueless poisonous little man.
i used to love and respect him from his playing days with us but he has completely lost all of that from when he managed us and hearing how he talks about us nowadays... look elsewhere !

Here is a slightly more positive one.

Did Ok when he was caretaker manager at Forest. Definitely a manager for a footballing club than one who relies on hoof ball. So it really depends on what type of player you've got.

Have to remember he left them back in 2009.

Could imagine fans of lower league English clubs asking Saints fans about Gus or Danny for example. Responses would range from one end of the spectrum to the other.

You can't read anything into it.

Yeah, thought as much myself but still worth asking. For what it's worth here's another, rather more detailed response (no more, I promise!). The first paragraph sounds familiar...

He'll tell you he likes to play good passing football but his style of passing football involves the defenders passing it around between themselves until one of them eventually hoofs it or gives it back to the keeper to hoof.

He had one of the best squads of players probably in League 2's history, that he assembled with imaginary money so he could basically sign whoever he wanted and he still managed to under perform. When we got a decent manager in to use the same squad we lost 1 game in 18 i believe.

Before he had the ridiculous budget the signings he made were all, for the most part, absolutely shocking and a lot of the players names often get brought up when we're discussing our worst ever players.

Looks like Brechin fans would be gutted to lose McKinnon.

Ah Boaky oaky. Were they in admin this season?

Nope.

Were they in admin when they got pasted at home by Cowdenbeath last season?

Nope.

What a tough couple of days it's been for you on here sad.png

Jeffries win record at Dunfermline was just short of 44% which is excellent but you want to focus on just one or two of his games.

There's the problem with fans not having a clue right there.

You need to believe what you need to believe but if we sign a manager with a better record than that then we'll be doing well.

Personally I hope we keep Teale but more than that I'm glad the BOD simply ignore the opinions of people like you.

Edited by oaksoft

Jeffries win record at Dunfermline was just short of 44% which is excellent but you want to focus on just one or two of his games.

You need to believe what you need to believe but if we sign a manager with a better record than that then we'll be doing well.

Personally I hope we keep Teale but more than that I'm glad the BOD simply ignore the opinions of people like you.

But are the Teale supporters not doing exactly that? Ignoring an overall win record in favour of one or two games...

I still can't believe that a man who took us down to the championship is even being considered for the job. If he had been thrown in after the January transfer window without bringing in any of his own players then fair enough but the bottom line is we were relegated. Thanks, but no thanks Gary, good player...probably not a good manager.

But are the Teale supporters not doing exactly that? Ignoring an overall win record in favour of one or two games...

I hope you are not picking an argument with me ! ! !

Think its safe to say Teale is not getting the gig going by the number of names floating around who the club have spoke to

I wouldn't read too much into Teale being considered favourite. He's currently the man in the gaffer's seat, so it stands to reason that a national paper with as much clue as to goings on as you or I, reckon he'll be favourite.

I still don't expect him to be St. Mirren manager this time next week.

I agree with this, can't see him getting it and hope he doesn't.

I think we might go for Adams, I'd be quite happy with this if it did happen.

Time for change.

Edited by davidg

Hmmm, you would think the BoD see it that way.

The main issue is / remains, that the club are potless and in terms of frugality , ( copyright Shullster ) Teale is the economic option.

They took Craig as the last economic / frugal option, you would think sufficient pain and learning has been gleaned from that experience, but I have a right bad feeling that its more of the same coming our way soon.

Dunfermline have had the biggest wage budget in the division this season by a long way. And the second biggest, behind Rangers last year.

Indeed, there was an outcry from fans of rival clubs in the same division as Dunfermline at the start of the season because they were signing their players.

Jeffries record at Dunfermline has been bad considering the money at his disposal.

You keep talking about clueless fans and you are correct.

But the thing is. You are the most clueless of the lot.

Edited by nosferatu

I agree with this, can't see him getting it and hope he doesn't.

I think we might go for Adams, I'd be quite happy with this if it did happen.

Time for change.

Definitely time for a change, Teale got a shot at it and relegated us with some of the worst powderpuff performances I've ever seen.

The board have to get this right.

From where I'm sitting, the BoD have escaped from this relegation surprisingly unscathed.

There still seems to be a degree of good will and also a sense of acceptance that the drop - while clearly not a good thing - might afford the opportunity for a few changes to be made, fresh faces brought in, and a new challenge that just might spark the fans' imaginations. All a bit odd to me, but better than unmitigated gloom, it has to be said.

If, however, Teale is given the job, I think much of this good will and general acceptance will be lost in the stroke of a pen. They would be absolutey bonkers to even consider it.

They would be absolutely bonkers to even consider it.

That's just prompted me to have a Home & Away-style dream sequence/memory in which a series of unsettling images danced around my head, including Gilmour telling us about five clubs going into administration, and then appointing Tommy Craig, and being in South Africa when decisions needed to be made, and ignoring several dozen CVs to appoint Teale, and paying cash for Doug Imrie...

jensen-ackles-scared-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe283