St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

Plus McKinnon, Adams and Ramsey with Teale favourite.

Teale favourite? This has to be a wind-up, right?

If Teale gets the gig, I would genuinely question the sanity of the decision makers at the club.

Edited by Drew

Been around the block a few times, with a patchy record, but will have decent contacts, presumably.

Don't think it's all that patchy , to be honest ! Manager of the month at Forest as stand in after departure of Megson , 10 match unbeaten run , but Colin Calderwood got the nod for the job. Sacked by Notts Co when 5th in the league during the fiasco that saw Sven come in as overpaid director of football. I think , all things considered , he would be a good appointment !

Don't think it's all that patchy , to be honest ! Manager of the month at Forest as stand in after departure of Megson , 10 match unbeaten run , but Colin Calderwood got the nod for the job. Sacked by Notts Co when 5th in the league during the fiasco that saw Sven come in as overpaid director of football. I think , all things considered , he would be a good appointment !

Don't disagree Billy. When I say patchy, I'm thinking more about the fact that he has moved around in recent years and doesn't seem to have enjoyed a decent, long-term stint anywhere. That's often the way of football coaching/management these days, right enough.

Might not be a bad shout.

I think it's time to give someone like McParland a chance. The last thing we want just now is another young and inexperienced Scottish manager from the lower leagues on the cheap.

I'd be happy with McParland with Teale as his no. 2.

There's probably not a lot of difference between the talent in English League 1 & 2 v Scottish Championship and if he still has decent contacts at that level we could get a couple if decent players that way.

I think it's time to give someone like McParland a chance. The last thing we want just now is another young and inexperienced Scottish manager from the lower leagues on the cheap.

There's probably not a lot of difference between the talent in English League 1 & 2 v Scottish Championship and if he still has decent contacts at that level we could get a couple if decent players that way.

Where Butcher got players for Caley and built great foundations that Hughes is building on. If our player budget doesn't put him off he must be worth a shout

Knowledge of the English lower leagues would have been handy when we were in the top flight as it was a market we struggled with while other teams picked up some gems. However, players from that level are probably out of our price range now. Dunno if he'd know a great deal about the Scottish lower leagues, which is what we really need at the moment - although maybe he's pals with Billy Davies and that's why he's been at our games.

So, given all the latest mentions, the original list of 4 interviewees (Stark, Adams, Murray & Teale) was a load of pish. Imagine that!!

Stark is the only name not mentioned in The Sun so it wasn't that far wrong - although they may have got their info from here.

If Teale's interviews are like his pre/post match press conferences he doesn't have much chance. Really hope he doesn't get it even if the seethe on here (including from myself) would be amusing for a few days.

Edited by Stu

from the bbc...."former notts county manager Ian Mcparland is on the shortlist to be st mirren manager along with dumbarton's ian murray, brechin city's ray mckinnon and former ross county boss derek adams but present incumbent gary teale is favourite to remain in charge"

bloody hell - pretty uninspiring. I don't think you should get someboby back but none of those names are better than Danny Lennon.

If it has to be one of them I'd go for Ian McParland. and I'm appalled that Gary Teale is favourite (sorry Shull).

If an appointment is due today or tomorrow then at least they've done something right and gave the new manager time to get a squad assembled in time for the new season.

Ideally yes, but what will probably happen is.

1 New manager gives wish list to board.

2 Board do nothing to save paying players wages over the summer.

3 Manager then scrambles round just prior to pre-season picking up players no-one else wanted

4 At AGM manager waves piece of paper in air saying "This is a list of players we tried to sign"

Like the idea of McParland or McKinnon, have to say McParland edges it for me given his experience of working with youngsters, and his wealth of contacts in england. It would seem all that time Billy Davies has been trousering sausage rolls in the directors lounge may have been worth the flaky pastry budget!

It appears that this time round the board have at least sought some expertise in identfying suitable potential candidates. How the f**k that wage thief Murray got through the net though god only knows?