Gary Teale. - St Mirren. Legend

I think he has impressed and will get the gig.

Fergie's Furies are a distant memory.

With our new batch of super kids like Mallan,McLear and Morgan we are going to have plenty glory in the future.

Teale's Tornadoes Are On The March.

Give Gary a chance.

Edited by shull

Its been a long hard disappointing season for everyone to contend with, there is no overwhelmingly external clear candidate for the managers job, yet the majority on here want to break up something that is just beginning to come together and look good on the pitch and everyone on here wants to change that by removing Teale?

No one knows the behind the scenes goings on, the off field politics if any, the personal agenda's if any, just the backdrop of a bloody awful season on the pitch.

For me the shape of the side is far improved but still not right, but that can only be fixed with the addition of 2/3 key experienced players which will come in the close season, whilst there will be 2/3 exiting at the end of the season as well, but in essence there is clear evidence of improvement and a nucleus of a good young squad, something that can really be built on.

Personally I think we will win at Hamilton, we played well up at Killie on that surface but were awful in the last third, we seem to have turned that corner now being more creative in front of goal and creating chances, granted we need to be more clinical in finishing them. But we seem to move the ball around well on that surface and now with the introduction of a few younger players I can see a win.

For all of that, for me, I would be stick with Gary Teale.

You really are scraping the barrel in an effort to keep up your record of inane thread starting Shull.

Apart from the fact there is an appropriate thread already on the go for your "insights" The actual title is Insane.

Edited by stlucifer

How would you explain him being unable to get the same players to perform in the games that actually mattered ? Motherwell away especially was a complete farce and Teale was unable tactically to get those games right . He needs to go and learn his trade as a manager elsewhere or stay on as coach under a manager that knows what their doing ....

Edited by gazmc83

I also think Gary is worth a shoot as our manager next season. Yes Motherwell away was a sore one but Teale has changed things around on the park since then by brining in more youngsters who are playing for Teale. This the basis for next seasons team he has got winning against teams who have something to fight for. Certainly think he has given himself a batter chance these last few weeks. Teale is also right when he says the mentality at the club is wrong , well we are only St Mirren.

Should get the job . Has done the best he could of with what has had to contend with .

He has not had the support of certain players within the dressing room .

If he gets the chance , I think we'll do well next season .

Some amount of amnesia on this site in the last couple of days. I genuinely can't believe there is now a clamour of sorts to get him in after the abject failure of this season. I and the vast majority of people on here have said for months that this club needs a clear out from top to bottom. Get rid of dead wood.

It now appears that a lot of the same people who were signing from the same hymn sheet a few weeks ago are getting all misty eyed over a couple of glorified friendly results, forgetting just how utterly despondent and spineless we were under his leadership when it actually mattered! We go down with not even so much as a whimper and folk want to offer the guy at the helm the job on a full time basis?! Utterly mental.

Why would you give the job to the person who presided over the 2 most abject capitulations I have ever seen from a Saints team in my 40+ years in the two games that really mattered ? To say he has turned things around by winning meaningless matches is absurd. Why didn't he pick the young lads from the very start when he knew what he had was crap ? The performances when it really mattered were a disgrace and unforgivable far too much short sightedness on here.

Noooooooooooooo !!!

We need a clearout from the top downwards. Yesterday's men are responsible for us being relegated. The rot may have started with Tommy Craig in charge but Gary Teale's leadership failed to reverse the slide.

Rebuild for the future with a whole new management team who can take over without any 'baggage'.

You really are scraping the barrel in an effort to keep up your record of inane thread starting Shull.

Apart from the fact there is an appropriate thread already on the go for your "insights" The actual title is Insane.

Agree. Teale a hero to stay on and march to glory with wunderkids... Main stand named after SG... Current directors to stay in charge for ever... Get your wallets out and buy STs no matter what... Dig deep and buy all the kits no matter what...

Either at the wind up or clinically insane. Has to be one, the other, or both.

How would you explain him being unable to get the same players to perform in the games that actually mattered ? Motherwell away especially was a complete farce and Teale was unable tactically to get those games right . He needs to go and learn his trade as a manager elsewhere or stay on as coach under a manager that knows what their doing ....

this is the question that troubles me with Teale. We were terrible in those two games, but was it the tactics or was it the youngsters heads going down that caused the capitulation? Was it caused by a bunch of big headed first team players letting him down in a similar way that they had let down his predecessors. I understand that controlling these things is what is expected from a manager but it often requires a step back to move forward, and maybe just maybe we need to give him time. I don't know enough of what is going on behind the scenes to know if he's the right man for the job but I wouldn't write him off based on getting us relegated, Butcher got relegated with ICT and they came back all guns blazing.

Is it possible to limit the amount of attention seeking pish that certain members can post?

Impossible Dafty.

Hardly attention seeking if using an Alias and an Avatar photo of somebody else.

Me no Shull Mowat.

Lol

And some call me insane.

COYS

Some amount of amnesia on this site in the last couple of days. I genuinely can't believe there is now a clamour of sorts to get him in after the abject failure of this season. I and the vast majority of people on here have said for months that this club needs a clear out from top to bottom. Get rid of dead wood.

It now appears that a lot of the same people who were signing from the same hymn sheet a few weeks ago are getting all misty eyed over a couple of glorified friendly results, forgetting just how utterly despondent and spineless we were under his leadership when it actually mattered! We go down with not even so much as a whimper and folk want to offer the guy at the helm the job on a full time basis?! Utterly mental.

The change in views from folk is incredible. We've won a few games that were meaningless for us - big deal. Before that we got humped by our relegation rivals. Before that we were pish against Killie and St Johnstone and before the win over Hamilton we were pish as well. It's not as if those of us wanting change only have to single out those two results or performances to prove our case.

There's also some stuff about dropping egos and such like. Which egos did he drop? Goodwin was suspended then didn't get back into the team whereas Thompson has been pretty much ever present since the first half of the Motherwell debacle. Can't think of any other potential egos he has taken it upon himself to ditch.

He is not the man for me and has proven it repeatedly. A wee run of post-split form shouldn't save him, just like it didn't with Lennon 12 months ago.

Edited by Stu

The change in views from folk is incredible. We've won a few games that were meaningless for us - big deal. Before that we got humped by our relegation rivals. Before that we were pish against Killie and St Johnstone and before the win over Hamilton we were pish as well. It's not as if those of us wanting change only have to single out those two results or performances to prove our case.

There's also some stuff about dropping egos and such like. Which egos did he drop? Goodwin was suspended then didn't get back into the team whereas Thompson has been pretty much ever present since the first half of the Motherwell debacle. Can't think of any other potential egos he has taken it upon himself to ditch.

He is not the man for me and has proven it repeatedly. A wee run of post-split form shouldn't save him, just like it didn't with Lennon 12 months ago.

No change in view from me, just never made my views on the manager public.

But I must say, I don't understand this view that these recent games have been meaningless, I would understand that statement if it had they been meaningless for both teams but they haven't have they! Both Ross County & Motherwell needed to win these last two games against us to make themselves safe, both went into the game needing to win, went ahead ahead but conceded twice and lost in the last minutes of the game.

Now I am a glass half full type of person and a win is a win, agreed we had nothing to play for but the opposition in both games did, so to my mind that makes both these last two wins very satisfying and something to build on. Come on, is it not better to go down into the Championship with a young nucleus of a team with a few wins under their belt in readiness for next season with something to build on than to continue the losing streak

Another win next week in what is I agree a meaningless game!

If it ain't broken why try to fix it!