The Appreciation Thread

I believe either the SPFL or SFA wanted better relationships between clubs and fans and wanted them to either employ a fans' officer or create a group. And as the latter costs nothing... SMISA is meant to be independent of the club, that's what the I stands for.

Anyway, seems Teale doesn't appreciate Murray - well, the timing of the announcement: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9862231/gary-teale-questions-timing-of-st-mirren-managerial-announcement

I can see his point, however it was a totally meaningless game so was hardly doing a great deal of harm.

I took it more as a swipe at the board. In recent weeks the board have said:

1 they had considered replacing Teale as manager before the split

2 Teale would have to apply for the job and be interviewed with other candidates

3 Teale could be a superb manager in future but needs to get experience away from St Mirren

4 GT's future and contract at St Mirren will be sorted out next week but Murray is free to appoint his own coaching team

I believe either the SPFL or SFA wanted better relationships between clubs and fans and wanted them to either employ a fans' officer or create a group. And as the latter costs nothing... SMISA is meant to be independent of the club, that's what the I stands for.

Anyway, seems Teale doesn't appreciate Murray - well, the timing of the announcement: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9862231/gary-teale-questions-timing-of-st-mirren-managerial-announcement

I can see his point, however it was a totally meaningless game so was hardly doing a great deal of harm.

What absolute Pish Stu ! Where in that article does it say anything about Teales thoughts on Murray ?

On the Radio this morning , Murray said the first phone call congratulating him was from GT. That to me speaks volumes about Teale & his professionalism. He has resisted the temptation to make negative comments on someone who , lets face it , next season might be his boss !!

Teale could be a key player for us next season in the championship , if Murray sees the right attitude from him.

As for his comments on the timing of the announcement ? When is the "right time ?" Had we waited till monday there would be complaints about being kept in the dark .

The decision was made . Teale was always a caretaker so given the fact we got relegated under his stewardship it couldn`t have come as a great surprise to him & i`m sure the Board would have let the unsuccessful applicants know their fate before making their decision public.

GT , will always be remembered as a cup winning hero but if he wants to continue to ply his trade with Saints, he`ll suck it up , work hard & try to earn a starting place next season.......... if the new manager wants him.

What absolute Pish Stu ! Where in that article does it say anything about Teales thoughts on Murray ?

On the Radio this morning , Murray said the first phone call congratulating him was from GT. That to me speaks volumes about Teale & his professionalism. He has resisted the temptation to make negative comments on someone who , lets face it , next season might be his boss !!

Teale could be a key player for us next season in the championship , if Murray sees the right attitude from him.

As for his comments on the timing of the announcement ? When is the "right time ?" Had we waited till monday there would be complaints about being kept in the dark .

The decision was made . Teale was always a caretaker so given the fact we got relegated under his stewardship it couldn`t have come as a great surprise to him & i`m sure the Board would have let the unsuccessful applicants know their fate before making their decision public.

GT , will always be remembered as a cup winning hero but if he wants to continue to ply his trade with Saints, he`ll suck it up , work hard & try to earn a starting place next season.......... if the new manager wants him.

Agreed about most of your points although would disagree that Teale could be an important player for us next season. Not only is he finished as a player but can't see how that would be good for a "fresh start" to have the old gaffer hanging about like a bad smell.

If anything I actually think that would have a negative effect on the dressing room. I have absolutely nothing against Gary Teale but for me his time at St. Mirren is up and he needs to move on.

Agreed about most of your points although would disagree that Teale could be an important player for us next season. Not only is he finished as a player but can't see how that would be good for a "fresh start" to have the old gaffer hanging about like a bad smell.

If anything I actually think that would have a negative effect on the dressing room. I have absolutely nothing against Gary Teale but for me his time at St. Mirren is up and he needs to move on.

Yeah , fair point . Has he got a season left in his legs at championship level ? Perhaps yes, only Murray & pre-season will tell ! & as i said , so much will be down to the attitude ( & appetite) Teale shows .

If Teale likes what Murray is planning for the club then he will most certainly be a part of the coaching staff make no mistake about that

I dont think GT would be hanging about like a bad smell. He stepped into a thankless task by becoming our caretaker manager and also the fact he has a cup winners medal which he earned i think the least we could do is give him the option to stay as a player/player coach next season. I think if he can keep fit he will do a job for us down there. IF he would rather move on to pastures new id wish him all the best. Saints legend!

I will be honest I don't know much about the fans council , who is on it, how many is in it.I heard they are an organization between fans and the board.Certainly I support anyone who is working for the good of St Mirren.SMISA in my mind is an organization that should be between the fans and the board. After all this is where fans money is raised for the good of the club.Can anyone explain why the fans council is not a greater part of SMISA or maybe it is and I don't know.The fans council ran the open day bar in the car park of the stadium. Was there a profit made if so where did the profit go.Really would like to know what the fans council is all about

For information on The St.Mirren Fans Council visit www.supportsmfc.co.uk

There is a link from the clubs official website to the Fans Council site

Minutes are published regularly in an open and transparent manner and you can e mail the Fans Council at [email protected]

The difference between the fans council and SMISA is there is no agenda for fan ownership in its constitution

The Fans Council designed next seasons strips and release dates for the new kit will be released shortly , with a view to having them on sale before we all go off on our Summer holidays.

Minutes are published regularly in an open and transparent manner and you can e mail the Fans Council at [email protected]

The difference between the fans council and SMISA is there is no agenda for fan ownership in its constitution

The Fans Council designed next seasons strips and release dates for the new kit will be released shortly , with a view to having them on sale before we all go off on our Summer holidays.

Did the guys on the fan council design the kits, then pass the designs to JD Sports / Brian Caldwell? Did JD Sports produce three designs of their own and you got to see those?

Really ? Last meeting minutes 8 Months ago. Last communication to fans over SIX WEEKS AGO . Are we to believe then that the council have had no meetings at all during the massive part of the season just gone ?

Really ? Last meeting minutes 8 Months ago. Last communication to fans over SIX WEEKS AGO . Are we to believe then that the council have had no meetings at all during the massive part of the season just gone ?

Apologies Callum we will have the minutes updated and live on the website later this week . Thanks for pointing this out.

Its been a busy season with Fans Zones, Anglo Scots Legends evenings, Strip design , Golf Days , lotteries, Open days and Topps Day all because we give our time free to help the club we love and support . Sometimes things get missed.

I dont think GT would be hanging about like a bad smell. He stepped into a thankless task by becoming our caretaker manager and also the fact he has a cup winners medal which he earned i think the least we could do is give him the option to stay as a player/player coach next season. I think if he can keep fit he will do a job for us down there. IF he would rather move on to pastures new id wish him all the best. Saints legend!

New manager needs to be ruthless to get the rot that has permeated our club. He has come from out with the club so will do what he thinks is right for the club/team. That means probably less sentiment than perhaps Gary would show

Edited by nedflanders123

I have nothing against Teale whatsoever and agree he had a thankless task, however the old manager hanging about as a bit part player I'm not so sure.

What happens if he doesn't agree with Murray's way of working we could hit problems with mixed messages in the dressing room. I know it's pure speculation on my part but I think it's a fair point.

I have nothing against Teale whatsoever and agree he had a thankless task, however the old manager hanging about as a bit part player I'm not so sure.

What happens if he doesn't agree with Murray's way of working we could hit problems with mixed messages in the dressing room. I know it's pure speculation on my part but I think it's a fair point.

I agree... but the things Murray has said in public shows a maturity way beyond his years. I reckon he has z ruthless side we have yet to see.

I agree... but the things Murray has said in public shows a maturity way beyond his years. I reckon he has z ruthless side we have yet to see.

I agree too. All we can judge our new manager on so far is his interviews, which he has impressed in. He interviews far better than Danny, Gary and Craig. He sounded articulate, confident, realistic, respectful and honest, but he also looks like he's got a wee bit of bite in him, he certainly did as a player. Actions speak louder than words though, and only time will tell how well he does. Fingers crossed.

I agree too. All we can judge our new manager on so far is his interviews, which he has impressed in. He interviews far better than Danny, Gary and Craig. He sounded articulate, confident, realistic, respectful and honest, but he also looks like he's got a wee bit of bite in him, he certainly did as a player. Actions speak louder than words though, and only time will tell how well he does. Fingers crossed.

No, not interviews. We can judge him on a detailed breakdown of last season's Dumbarton results, which clearly show him to be an un-inspired, under-achieving dud who is destined to fail, allowing a smug gobshite trolling cnut to come on and tell us all he knew it would happen and we should have appointed a manager he recommended, due to his intense and in-depth knowledge of the world soccer scene.

Either an under-appreciated world football genuis, or a gobshite. The forum can decide.