The Blue Puke V St Mirren - 7/8/15

TopCat

The new club were playing at home, in front of near capacity crowd, off the back of a big win against the team most reckon will be their main rivals this season. This was always going to be a big ask. We weren't out of it until their fortuitous third.

I have already seen enough to believe that we will experience a more enjoyable season than last year.

Standout for me was Baird. It seems Murray described him to a tee at the Q&A night. Throws himself into tackles, and doesn't fear anything. That is fantastic to see in a 19 year old lad. A bit raw, certainly, but rather that than anonymous.

We have a young squad for the most part, and it is not insignificant that our young players were those who caught the eye tonight. That alone is encouraging.

The more I reflect on the match, the more encouraged I feel. It wasn't great, but it was good enough to suggest promise for the coming months. Anyone who is writing us off on the basis of that game is a clown.

Edited by Drew

The new club were playing at home, in front of near capacity crowd, off the back of a big win against the team most reckon will be their main rivals this season. This was always going to be a big ask. We weren't out of it until their fortuitous third.

I have already seen enough to believe that we will have experience a more enjoyable season than last year.

Standout for me was Baird. It seems Murray described him to a tee at the Q&A night. Throws himself into tackles, and doesn't fear anything. That is fantastic to see in a 19 year old lad. A bit raw, certainly, but rather that than anonymous.

We have a young squad for the most part, and it is not insignificant that our young players were the those who caught the eye tonight. That alone is encouraging.

The more I reflect on the match, the more encouraged I feel. It wasn't great, but it was good enough to suggest promise for the coming months. Anyone who is writing us off on the basis of that game is a clown.

What he said. Bring on the Dumbarton.

I was really encouraged by that display if we'd scored that penalty i think we might have sneaked a win by hitting them on the break. Thompson was a passenger, not talking about the penalty miss just his general contribution... i would use him as a 2nd half sub when teams are tiring, he doesn't have the legs for it anymore.

Naismith, Baird and Kelly will all have a very good season I reckon. McMullan too with the possibility of Morgan and Gallagher as well. However we need more from the midfield and I reckon Thommo can still do a job for us but not as a lone striker.

Just back in from the pub some of the arse holes from Paisley who support the Rangers should grow up there behaviour for guys old enough to be Gran dads behaving like wee neds was embarrassing there was an old guy in front of me who was being an absolute nob it was like being inside Ibrox with his hatred towards HIS HOME TOWN TEAM .

Just back in from the pub some of the arse holes from Paisley who support the Rangers should grow up there behaviour for guys old enough to be Gran dads behaving like wee neds was embarrassing there was an old guy in front of me who was being an absolute nob it was like being inside Ibrox with his hatred towards HIS HOME TOWN TEAM .

Sevco fans are cnuts shocker... Who'd have thought it. Oh wait, guys like me, who have regularly posted about why they will never set foot in their midden again, and why I want the cnuts and their green arse cheek cousins to get fcuked in Europe as well as domestically.

These old scum fans are the worst

They hate their own town's team more than other side of the bigot brothers depending who they follow

Sorry but this sounds like a broken record. This mob and their manky neighbours have been scum since time began. Best advice. Ignore them. Support your team.

Unfortunately...You can't ignore them. It's like cancer. The good cells can't survive simply by pretending the poison isn't there. That ends with the cancer cells outsizing the good ones and the end is nigh.

This is my first post. I have lurked for a while now, but you and a couple of others saying you will never go back reminded of my experience a while ago. I have not been back there for about thirty years except to see Scotland v Sweden a number of years ago. I am a 'proddy' although not been in a church for many years. I went to see saints at ibrox and went to the main stand with my 'tim' best mate as I thought they might slightly more civilised there. Iwas sadly mistaken at very angry and embaressed.

Anyway, signs of green shoots tonight. Some of our young guys look promising and might get the chance to develop in the championship. Feeling a lot happier about our prospects after tonight. Anyone else think the pass to the wide man for their third goal might have been offside?

Anyone else think the pass to the wide man for their third goal might have been offside?

Yes.

No mention of it during the post-match chat, of course. Likewise, the corner that shouldn't have been given that led to their opener.

So it goes. It was always thus, and will be forever more.

Yes.

No mention of it during the post-match chat, of course. Likewise, the corner that shouldn't have been given that led to their opener.

So it goes. It was always thus, and will be forever more.

I didn't feel cheated tonight. To be fair, at normal speed without TV, the corner incident was a tough call for the linesman, I don't think there was any funny business tonight in that regard.