David Barron

TopCat

Was pictured in preseason training yesterday.

It's one we shouldn't be hurrying to give a deal, we aren't going to have much competition. I would start him against Bradford and in any other preseason games we get arranged.

Have a good look at him playing to make sure he's properly fit before giving him a contract.

Link?

He has been without a professional club for 18 months after being freed by us due to injury problems and didn't play much after that League Cup Final in 2010 where he seemed to take a back knock and played on... almost 5 years of injury problems. Maybe he is Murray's idea of a senior pro to help the young guys on?

He was voted player of the year whilst playing out of position.

He's not fantastic on the ball but is no nonsense in defensive terms, strong and relatively quick.

He chucked it due to an injury problem and pursued a different career.

I wouldn't look at him if we were still in the top flight but we're not.

If he's free of injury I'd happily give him the preseason as a trial period.

He was also massively suspect in the air and very poor at man marking.

Some of the names St Mirren are being linked with this summer are just dreadful.

You gotta love Murray's contacts eh? Is Lee (Night) Mair being tempted out of retirement and management to come upset the dressing room again?

I see Barron sitting just Behind Thommo and Gow.... In the physio's room!

" The Abusers Thread " comes to mind.

Just what we are after IMO. A perma-crocked full back who hasn't played a competitve gaame in how long?

He was good for us at one point, but for the love of god just no.

If he's is just joining in the training top get fit and win a deal elsewhere then good on him, but I won't be happy if we take him back.

Murray said he hadn't seen as much of him as he would of liked because he had a couple of niggles, for a player who hasn't played for 2 or more years that should be enough to say thanks, but no thanks.

My thoughts too. The main issue is his fitness and he's already a few knocks in pre-season. Surely better options out there.