Jamie Langfield - Signs 2 Year Deal

Murzo has asked Langzo to hold off for a couple of days as he's actively involved in negotiations with a tall striker.

Remember where you heard this first.

One of these days you might get something right. Or then again...............

some people just crave attention lol.gif

Langfield

That would have been against the rules as he was not our player.

One is begining to assume that this signing is not happening. This very forum was full of assurances that both young Jamie Jangfield and a chap called Shankland would have signed for our fine club by now.

Is this a saga out of nothing, a crisis from hee and haw, a drama from an empty space, a story from nowhere or nonsense fom the drivel?

We shall see, we shall see indeed. Meanwhile I shall finish my soup.

Whether this thread or any of the many other threads on this forum I just do not get the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth about the time been taking to sign Langfield and Shankland. The manager stated categorically that some signings would not take place until the season had started which was only one working day ago. That he had to wait.

And Aberdeen stated that no player would leave until they were knocked out of Europe which was only two working days ago. McInnes has also stated that he wants another striker in with May being the name mentioned (therefore he wasn't liable to let a striker go until another arrived). So maybe Langfiled will sign today and maybe we have to wait a wee bit longer for Shankland - who knows? But there are still 3 weeks left in August.

Jamie Langfield.

DONS TERMINATE LANGFIELD’S CONTRACT

ABERDEEN FC have confirmed that veteran goalkeeper Jamie Langfield has left Pittodrie after his contract was terminated.

Langfield hadn’t featured for the first team this season and was third in the pecking order of keepers, behind Danny Ward and Scott Brown.

The 36-year-old is now expected to join Championship side St Mirren as a player and goalkeeping coach.

Langfield said “I have loved my time at the club and have spent the best period of my career here.

“However, I still have much that I want to achieve and am looking for an opportunity to continue to play regular first team football.

“I also want to look at the option of combining playing with coaching going forward as I see this as a long-term option for me.”

Aberdeen FC manager Derek McInnes added: “Jamie has been brilliant to work with and his desire to keep playing first team football is admirable and understandable.

“On behalf of everyone at the club I would like to thank Jamie for his tremendous service over the years and wish him all the very best for the future wherever that takes him.”

Whether this thread or any of the many other threads on this forum I just do not get the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth about the time been taking to sign Langfield and Shankland. The manager stated categorically that some signings would not take place until the season had started which was only one working day ago. That he had to wait.

And Aberdeen stated that no player would leave until they were knocked out of Europe which was only two working days ago. McInnes has also stated that he wants another striker in with May being the name mentioned (therefore he wasn't liable to let a striker go until another arrived). So maybe Langfiled will sign today and maybe we have to wait a wee bit longer for Shankland - who knows? But there are still 3 weeks left in August.

Of course, it's taking it's time.

It's the people who claim to be ITK yet get it wrong constantly that make me laugh.