Andy Webster

billymehmet1

Webster played at a higher level than Goodwin ever did, nearly 30 Scotland caps. I'd expect him to be one of the first names on the team sheet if he signed, and a slightly bigger if, he was fit.

I am not disputing Webster's pedigree. But our manger IF he signs Webster is playing a silly game having already stated AGE is the reason he isn't picking Goodwin, whilst relying on an even older Thommo to lead the line, and potentialy signing Webster who is the same age as Goodwin into a position Goodwin can play..!

If it actually happens he will have joined the "John Collins" Tit Of The Month Club for blurting out a stupid statement.

I am not disputing Webster's pedigree. But our manger IF he signs Webster is playing a silly game having already stated AGE is the reason he isn't picking Goodwin, whilst relying on an even older Thommo to lead the line, and potentialy signing Webster who is the same age as Goodwin into a position Goodwin can play..!

If it actually happens he will have joined the "John Collins" Tit Of The Month Club for blurting out a stupid statement.

Sorry, you have already grabbed that title, and not only for this month. 1eye.gif

It's almost as if age affects different people in different ways.

I see the point you're making, but even if they only have 25 games each in them, that's 50 games, there's only 36 in a Championship season, gives us experience in the team week in week out. I think he'd be a great signing if he's fully fit.

Let's be honest here, the age thing is a cover.

Murray doesn't rate Goodwin IMO.

Murray shouldn't have made the age comment about Goodwin. There wasn't any need to.

I think it was a possibly a quickfire response to a room full of suoporters and that seemed the most sensible thing to say instead of revealing he doesnt rate him.

I see the point you're making, but even if they only have 25 games each in them, that's 50 games, there's only 36 in a Championship season, gives us experience in the team week in week out. I think he'd be a great signing if he's fully fit.

Andy Millen for example.........who was 42 while still playing for us.

It's down to fitness and life style.

I think it was a possibly a quickfire response to a room full of suoporters and that seemed the most sensible thing to say instead of revealing he doesnt rate him.

Exactly... saint garf the issue is Murray doesn't want Goodwin and has cited his age as a reason for not playing him. (Goodwin incidentally is one if the fittest members of the squad who cycles to and from training.).

He said this with a 36 year old Thommo sitting beside him who he has re-signed to lead the attack

He said this after signing 32 year old Alan Gow who has scored one non competitive goal in two years

And if the rumours have substance he also said this whilst attempting to sign a 33 year old Andy Webster, and 35 year old Jamie Langfield...

Not only does it highlight poor form on the managers part, but a breathtaking assumption that the support are too thick to notice his double standards when it comes to ex- rangers players..!

Goodwin is not a defender Webster is! That's why Murray should sign him if possible!

Who would you drop from our midfield to accommodate Jim Goodwin?

Mallan,Carswell,Agnew have all done well since joining.

Jim should never have been played at CB so he either has to earn his place in Midfield or move on!

I have nothing against Goody he's been a great servant to the club but a liability in equal measure.

Murray might no want Goody and tried to sugar coat the truth by his comment's.

But how could he say I don't rate Jim Goodwin?

I would hate to see JIm go as he can still do a great job for us. He should have played on Fri night for example where his experience and coaching could have been significant. Maybe he is not the best midfielder in the SPFL but we have dropped a league and Jim is more than just his playing ability. His talking and attitude are significant qualities that we need more of in the middle of the park.

I would hate to see JIm go as he can still do a great job for us. He should have played on Fri night for example where his experience and coaching could have been significant. Maybe he is not the best midfielder in the SPFL but we have dropped a league and Jim is more than just his playing ability. His talking and attitude are significant qualities that we need more of in the middle of the park.

I would disagree about him playing on Friday past. The tempo the game was played at in the first 20 minutes I would see Jim as struggling to keep up and likely to have conceded early fouls and drawn a quick card.

I think Jim does have a place this season, but more in games where we should dominate possession and the tempo is slower. Jim might be amongst the fittest in the squad, however pace was never one of his attributes and if he's being asked to track runners then it's not something he would be capable of in my opinion.

Like Div has said I would see the player looking for a move away if not getting game time, bizarrely I would think that he might get more game time at a team a level up like Killie, Motherwell or Hamilton than in a side in this division.

I also think Goody can do a job for us this season but like Thommo will need to be used intelligently, however, I don't think his attitude towards the younger players has always been positive, I've as often seen him berating and pointing the finger at them more than encouraging them. Yes a mixture of both is required but not to cover for your own deficiencies.