The Biggest Meltdown And Knickerwetting Thread Ever

shull

Why would someone who doesn't know me, and who is openly hostile to me finish his post with that last sentence??? Are you like really young? Do you think that makes you look good? Would you like to explain that to my twenty something sons. What if you get your wife to ask my wife what you posted....

Ffs man get a grip and grow up. If you want to meet up and ask me any question you like just say where/when. But ffs grow a

Pair.

... and the comedy meltdown begins. Again.

Goodwin was not a liability last year the whole team was. He got sent of once and to be honest pulled himself together there after. He was a target but that all calmed down when referee's told the culprets to get up and I saw a few horrendous tackles on Jim and he got up and got on with it. So maybe some forget his pass rate is good and he is not afraid to tackle which was largely missing today

What would have Goodwin brought to today's performance? We certainly didn't lack a defensive presence, we lacked a half decent attacking player.

We lost to two set piece goals, one from a deflection, one from a penalty. Our midfield has no cutting edge, and our attack is powder puff. Two shots on target against a part time team is shocking. For once our defence weren't to blame, apart from the chances Kelly and Naismith passed up in the first half.

We needed with a voice today and Goodwin would have brought that. He is no messiah (nor Brian) however Goodwin in front of the back four could have shouted instructions to the defence and the midfield. He can also win a ball which no-one in midfield appeared capable of doing. An experienced influence was badly missing today and we had that wasted on the bench.

Far too lightweight and we lost battles all over the pitch today. There was no leadership on the park and perhaps the most galling thing for me was that we really looked like a mid-table 1st division outfit not one that has come down from the top league. Need some experience in that team and sharpish otherwise we can forget the play-offs

We needed with a voice today and Goodwin would have brought that. He is no messiah (nor Brian) however Goodwin in front of the back four could have shouted instructions to the defence and the midfield. He can also win a ball which no-one in midfield appeared capable of doing. An experienced influence was badly missing today and we had that wasted on the bench.

I'm sorry, but the same Goodwin has failed to organise a defence or midfield since joining us. He's had his good games, but a blood and Thunder approach would not have helped us today.

Our problem was sitting off Dumbarton with Agnew and Carswell occupying the same space in midfield, we had nothing in behind the strikers. Goodwin wouldn't have pushed out to bring play forward. We lost goals on fouls from players charging in, something Goodwin is renown for. We are crying out for a box to box midfielder in the mould of Steven Thomson. Someone to pick up the second ball in their half and pull the team forward.

Our defence has been chronic for seasons now, and our attack is starting to look as bad; the fact that three players that stated today at the back failed to keep a clean sheet in how many games last season start, and people wish to add another is beyond belief. Two shots on target is awful for any team.

I lost a bit of heart today Drew. Sure, it's early in Murray's reign and things might eventually turn out dandy, but that was shit today, and it was largely shit because of Murray and Spalding's selection, tactics, substitutions, and I expected better from a manager who, erm, isn't Tommy Craig or Gary Teale. Murray deserves time, of course he does, but in the name of fcuk, Dumbarton handed us our arse on a plate today. Credit to the travelling Sons fans for not giving it 'Murray, Murray what's the score?'.

Sitting there at full time listening to them belting out their songs of victory was a right boot in the stones.

Get it sorted Murray. If we lose, fine - but it simply has to be a loss where we were organised, relatively solid, made meaningful substitutions, and started the game with a selection that wasn't baffling.

Basics. Should be a given.

They did however sing , There's only one Ian Murray . .

However , funnier than that was when one of our fans , in response to one of the Dungbarton fans having a tambourine sang , Hey mister tambourine man , get yerself tae f**k. .

Regardless of what we say and regardless of our concerns it is for all of us just so very sad to see how bad we have fell away. The decline has been spectacular

Indeed , that was what shocked me today , just how f**king bad we have become . Even since last season ended , we have declined to an entirely new level of dire pishness and if the manager thinks we dominated today ,then we don't have hopeof the continuing decline being arrested . .

Get it sorted ffs. .

Why would someone who doesn't know me, and who is openly hostile to me finish his post with that last sentence??? Are you like really young? Do you think that makes you look good? Would you like to explain that to my twenty something sons. What if you get your wife to ask my wife what you posted....

Ffs man get a grip and grow up. If you want to meet up and ask me any question you like just say where/when. But ffs grow a

Pair.

unfortunately some people never grow up

Shite score but plenty positives (in the context that I think the very best we can expect this season is a play off place).

We were in control both times they scored. The team needs work but I can see the direction IM wants to take us and like it.

Baffling decision to bring on Cuddihy instead of Goodwin and I hope IM realises it ultimately, arguably, cost us the game.

Had one of our chances gone in at 1-1, we'd have strolled it.

Not too disheartened.

Had he brought on Goodwin for Naismith, where would you have played him?

Cuddihy cost us the penalty with a very naïve challenge... but he HAS played right back.

Has Goodwin? Or would you have re-structured the whole defence to accommodate one player, something most managers would do all they could to avoid?

Don't get me wrong... I like Goodwin and think he still has a big part to play in our season.

Carswell looked infinitely better today in the second half when moved further forward. Agnew is a threat when playing further forward. Goodwin holding in front of the back four would allow both to prosper... but in this instance, despite hindsight showing it cost us the game, I would not criticise Murray for the substitution or indeed use it as proof of a personal agenda against Goodwin.

Not too disheartened either! ;-)

Had he brought on Goodwin for Naismith, where would you have played him?

Cuddihy cost us the penalty with a very naïve challenge... but he HAS played right back.

Has Goodwin? Or would you have re-structured the whole defence to accommodate one player, something most managers would do all they could to avoid?

Don't get me wrong... I like Goodwin and think he still has a big part to play in our season.

Carswell looked infinitely better today in the second half when moved further forward. Agnew is a threat when playing further forward. Goodwin holding in front of the back four would allow both to prosper... but in this instance, despite hindsight showing it cost us the game, I would not criticise Murray for the substitution or indeed use it as proof of a personal agenda against Goodwin.

Not too disheartened either! ;-)

Goodwin played at right back often when he was at Accies.

Jim was outstanding v thistle away last year in our 0-1 win dayton. Also in.our 0-2 defeat to celtic he was good. Saddlier was to fault for the forest goal. Yes it was only twice but nobody else did much last season. Jim cares I can tell he is hurting. Now it's time.to make.his return on Fri and cement a place in what is a really poor saints team

Anyone who feels Jim won't add to our starting 11 has been watching the wrong team for far to long. Jim is no world beater but he knows how to get stuck in and disrupt other teams. Our midfield is so small and lightweight that we just don't compete. Yesterday was embarrassing from start to finish

Cuddihy isn't good enough for the first team end of. Only one of the back four that looks the part is Baird. Get Goodwin or someone else along side him, Mallan in centre mid and Thommo up front. Strong spine of the team and build from there. Yesterday was no where near good enough. We should not be getting bossed by a part time team on our own patch

Cameron Howieson dropped to bench and not being brought on as a sub, great reward for scoring our only goal against everybody's favourites to win the league - not, the guy must be thinking what the feck he has signed up to, and the manager has to explain why he was not given a start never mind not even considered as a sub. In my opinion Dumbarton got the best manager available in their budget and we missed out on him.

No amount of waffle from Ian Murray will help me understand why Howieson did not get on the pitch today.

Yes and no. Like Agnew yesterday other than the goal he did little else.

How Mallan ended up on the bench is beyond me.

And clearly Morgan is an ideal impact player coming of the bench

Pair.

Have you got a wife your lordship?

I'm genuinely staggered by the Goodwin love-in on here.

He was terrible last season. Much of the time he looked lost, was frequently out of position, got roasted by even moderately paced players, and don't get me started on his aimlessly lofted balls to no-one in particular.

Goodwin's time has come and gone. He is not the answer. We need a tenacious Alex Neil type player. A bit of grit, but the composure to match it.

He was terrible last season. Much of the time he looked lost, was frequently out of position, got roasted by even moderately paced players, and don't get me started on his aimlessly lofted balls to no-one in particular.

Goodwin's time has come and gone. He is not the answer. We need a tenacious Alex Neil type player. A bit of grit, but the composure to match it.

Goodwin is not the messiah, but he is the type of player we need innthe team right now to give us some bite, drive and forward momentum, as well as chiving on the youth.

Think of it like this... You need to replace a nut and bolt on your gate, so you tke your toolbox out to do the job, open it up, and there in front of you are the tools to get the job done.

They are not new, a bit dirty and chipped, but you know they can do what you need. However instead of picking up that dirty, chipped spanner, you select a pair of bright shiny new pliers and toil away for hours trying to free the nut.... In the end you give up and leave it.

Next day you roll up to try again, despite given yesterday's experience you try again with the bright shiny new pliers, and get the same result.....

Why is Murray not choosing the right tool forthe job? Why does he want shot of Goodwin? Is he so powder puff he cant handle the bigger personalities?

Is because Goodwin never played for rangers?

Why is Murray not choosing the right tool forthe job? Why does he want shot of Goodwin? Is he so powder puff he cant handle the bigger personalities?

Is because Goodwin never played for rangers?

Or perhaps he simply doesn't think Goodwin is the man for the job. I would agree with him on that count (though appreciate I seem to be in a minority).

Murray will stand or fall by his decisions, as all managers do. Constantly looking for subtexts comes across as petty and pretty much pointless.

I'm done talking about Goodwin. Murray will exercise his managerial prerogative on that one, and we'll all just need to hope that he calls it right.

Whilst the points you make about Goodwin , have validity , it still seems weird that he can't get a game and a useless cunt that doesn't/can't play football , does get a game . .

WTF

I did think Naismith was starting to show the Alex Neil qualities just prior to his injury , especially the way the took the ball right up the park . .