St Mirren V Livingston League Cup 2Nd Round 25/8/15

shull

Murray has already put massive pressure on himself. I think we will be lucky to finish anything other than midtable.

What a massively disappointing start to the season.

Not overly convinced by Murray, talks a good game but performances and results have been very poor and fear for another season of disappointment ahead. Glad I didn't head along to the game.

I hope we aren't going to do a Thistle and go down two divisions. Feels like years since I've seen us play well and dominate a team. Shocking stuff.

Murray is under pressure now has until October to get results.

Lol he has a 2 year contract...... In afraid the board won't admit they made a c**t of it 2x in a row and pay another off. Stuck with him :(

4 games against other championship teams so far this season. Outplayed in all 4 games, 8 goals conceded, 3 goals scored. Shaping up for a season of being almost as bad at Championship level as we were in last year's SPL.

Thompson and Gow will score for fun at this level anyone?

Outplayed?

Can you please mention the "fluke,jammy" goals we've lost and other goals due to "penalties" and the "stonewall" penalty we were denied tonight?

FFS, I despair at the one sided views we get on here.

Not denying results have been disappointing but the refusal to see some positive signs from a new manager and young team really fcuks me off.

Mid-table will have to do. Pretty much what many of the realists among us predicted.

Alloa apart , who are a very poor side , I'm struggling to think of anyone who'll finish below us. Most clubs have made some decent signings !

Aye.

Mid-table will have to do. Pretty much what many of the realists among us predicted.

Not great, but so it goes. Anyway.... about that sabbatical.

Thats odd because the manager and the board targeted promotion. The real Knicker Wetters are the ones who constantly defend, and encourage a complete lack of conviction, leadership and ambition at our club. If you aren't in a competition to try to win it, then why bother???

Again no one came out before 2500 season tickets were sold and said "oh by the way boys and girls we will be totally pish this season and be fortunate to stay up".... You pay peanuts.....

We won't be relegated but don't pull back your foreskin there's no gonnie be a show this season, more results like this will happen.

Getting things in perspective we have a young squad and a new manager so things will be tough, in the bigger picture if we are around mid table at the

end this will be good enough.

i expected nothing else this season

others should have realised the same

2 many believe we should be winning every week

sat's game IS massive though

Aye.

Not great, but so it goes. Anyway.... about that sabbatical.

I look forward to us fulfilling our end of the bargain in a league where any team can supposedly beat the others in the league but I won't hold my breath. For folks posting about refereeing decisions costing us, along with bad luck, in every game so far we have been outplayed in terms of possession, corners, shots off target, shots on target in every game against Championship clubs. That said I did say I would swap cup runs for picking up points in the league pronto.

Thats odd because the manager and the board targeted promotion. The real Knicker Wetters are the ones who constantly defend, and encourage a complete lack of conviction, leadership and ambition at our club. If you aren't in a competition to try to win it, then why bother???

Again no one came out before 2500 season tickets were sold and said "oh by the way boys and girls we will be totally pish this season and be fortunate to stay up".... You pay peanuts.....

Where did I suggest we shouldn't have ambition to win promotion? The simple reality is that I never thought it likely, or particularly realistic.

Murray won't be going nowhere soon, so we better hope he can start to turn things around.

Outplayed?

Can you please mention the "fluke,jammy" goals we've lost and other goals due to "penalties" and the "stonewall" penalty we were denied tonight?

Not denying results have been disappointing but the refusal to see some positive signs from a new manager and young team really fcuks me off.

I get what you're saying, and I'm usually optimistic on here, but I didn't see any positive signs tonight. :(

The absolute slide we have had since that great day in 2013 has been down to the shocking way our wonderful club has been run and is down totally to our Board no question.The fans have been great and this was underlined by the season ticket sales.The quality of player coming in is quite simply not up to standard and players like Gow and Thompson should not have been given deals.The sooner we have a new BOD the better because we badly require fresh ideas.For the moment the fans are being taken for a ride.Home defeats to Dumbarton and Livingston with their resources is totally unacceptable.

What a horrible, spineless tepid performance tonight. Ian Murray is on shaky ground already, make no mistake about it. That sort of display in backing off and trying to feed off of scraps may well yield results when you take charge of a part-time team in a full-time league. But it doesn't cut the mustard, I'm afraid!

It didn't against Dumbarton, Annan, Morton or tonight and will have to change sharpish or we'll be paying up the guts of another two year contract!

Defeat is acceptable, a poor performance is acceptable. The manner in which we completely succumb to teams isn't and won't be acceptable going forward.

What a absolute disgrace. Murray team is a shambles. Running around like school kids. People are gonna come moan about the ref and livis tactics. But it's one man's fault our so called manager. Tactics are non existent. Weak midfield. I was hopeful with Murray but my hope it's just about gone. Maybe the board got it wrong. I hope not but it's simply not good enough. Think I'll give Saturday a miss.

Dear oh dear. There is some real pish being typed on this site. By Saturday we will have at least 2 new faces in. Half the squad are barely on first name terms yet ffs. A worse start than we hoped for, but have a bit of perspective. We will come good, starting on Saturday. COYS

Get out of here, no room for optimism or support ya eejit.

Dear oh dear. There is some real pish being typed on this site. By Saturday we will have at least 2 new faces in. Half the squad are barely on first name terms yet ffs. A worse start than we hoped for, but have a bit of perspective. We will come good, starting on Saturday. COYS

Get real ffs.

Outplayed?

We can't keep blaming bad decisions. That just sounds like the bigot brothers. At some point we just have to admit we're just not good enough. Yes, there are some positives, but they are totally outweighed by the negatives at the moment.

Genuine question (bearing in mind I wasn't there tonight):

From a tactical point of view, what would folk have had Murray do differently?

The squad we have is what we currently have, but should the line-up have been different, and, if so, in what way?

Edited by Drew

Get real ffs.

Eh? 3 league games in to the season and the squad isn't even assembled yet. Some will say that it should be, but it is what it is. I will make no judgements until we have finished the 1st quarter. Far far better St Mirren teams have been humbled over the years by even worse than Livi. Forfar, Brechin to name but 2

We can't keep blaming bad decisions. That just sounds like the bigot brothers. At some point we just have to admit we're just not good enough. Yes, there are some positives, but they are totally outweighed by the negatives at the moment.

I agree and I'm certainly not blaming bad decisions, just trying to show there are real reasons which have seriously effected our results.