Goodwin

I actually think he's talking sense in this subject.

Your hatred of Jim Goodwin appears to know no bounds!

Hope you noticed that young Jordan Stewart scored and had a good game last night. You said we had no cover at left back... :P

Just for the records, Andy, this morning I'm laughing AT you.

I actually think he's talking sense in this subject.

As I've said previously JG is probably the club's top earner currently, this along with his disciplinary record are two reasons why IM would want rid of him - fortunately (or not) depending on your POV he's unlikely to get a new club unless we sweeten the deal significantly.

I reckon IM is gonna have to bite the bullet and play Goodwin - who knows Goodwin could have a Tommy Turner style turnaround in his fortunes with the club.

How did he play Stu, in your opinion better played than not :

It was the ideal game to play him in with all the kids. One thing he does do is talk, something we need more of in the team as hardly anyone else was doing it. However, for all the good he did he did give away a penalty in the first minute!

I'm not convinced either way about him. He does have positives but he also has negatives and I'm not sure which outweighs which. I just found the way everyone was calling for him to be restored to the team rather pathetic, as if this would magically cure all our ills while forgetting his contribution to last season's disaster.

I honestly don't know whether I'd start him on Friday night. He would be beneficial to the team, however I can also see him getting booked early doors (either because he deserves it or due to his reputation) and being a liability for the rest of the night.

As I've said previously JG is probably the club's top earner currently, this along with his disciplinary record are two reasons why IM would want rid of him - fortunately (or not) depending on your POV he's unlikely to get a new club unless we sweeten the deal significantly.

I reckon IM is gonna have to bite the bullet and play Goodwin - who knows Goodwin could have a Tommy Turner style turnaround in his fortunes with the club.

Bit of a gamble, that. I would have thought that Carswell would be a better option for the holding midfield role.

Jim talks a good game off the pitch, but his attitude towards the younger players was poor at times last season. Was he not effectively dropped from his coaching role and issued with an ultimatum regarding his on field antics?

Contrary to Andy's latest slabberings, I certainly do not hate the guy. Indeed, like Thompson, I think he has been great for the club, and I don't want to see that legacy sullied by a dismal final throw of the dice on account of a manager not being able to freshen things up. It would be interesting to know how many of those calling for a clear-out at the close of last season are currently clamouring for Goodwin to routinely feature in the starting 11.

Murray has presumably been tasked with building a new squad for this season. How well he has achieved that will be clearer by the end of next week. I personally do not think that Goodwin (and, to a degree, Thompson) should be an integral part of that squad. As such, it would be best for all parties - in my opinion - if he moved on.

The fecundity of your unsubstantiated shite reserves knows no bounds.

So theres nothing you can actually disagree with. Goodwin improved the team last night, as did Langfield. This is backed up by us scoring more goals than them and winning the game. For the penalty, the Annan player actually kicked the ground and went down barging into Goodwin. Was directly in line with that incident. But hey it makes a good story to say Goodwin caused the penalty.

So theres nothing you can actually disagree with. Goodwin improved the team last night, as did Langfield. This is backed up by us scoring more goals than them and winning the game. For the penalty, the Annan player actually kicked the ground and went down barging into Goodwin. Was directly in line with that incident. But hey it makes a good story to say Goodwin caused the penalty.

I didn't refer to the penalty incident in my post, but don't let that get into the way....

ETA - just to be clear, Murray didn't 're-sign' Goodwin. He was still under contract.

Edited by Drew

When the manager comes out pre season and categorically states he isn't going to play Goodwin because of his age....

"Categorically states"?

Should be easy for you to show the quote then. You like doing that.

I was under the impression that he had said Jim had a part to play but that he would not have the stamina to start every game.

As your forthcoming quote will prove though, I must be wrong.

"Categorically states"?

Should be easy for you to show the quote then. You like doing that.

I was under the impression that he had said Jim had a part to play but that he would not have the stamina to start every game.

As your forthcoming quote will prove though, I must be wrong.

Thanks for posting the quote you asked for, albeit with a heavy edit. Can i call on you to do any other research on my behalf as and when?

Unless you think the live feed from the Q & A session wasn't categorical? Most on here seem to think it was very clear, and highly contradictory given He had just re- signed Thommo & Gow, and is courting Webster.

Pish! I was about 15 yards away and you could hear Goodwin smack the guy! :lol:

Clear penalty all day for me.

Goodwin was ok last night, but he needs to be better than ok against a bottom tier side to earn a place in the team for tougher games. His mobility was very poor last night and looked like he couldn't keep up at times, albeit against some pacey players.

Thanks for posting the quote you asked for, albeit with a heavy edit. Can i call on you to do any other research on my behalf as and when?

Unless you think the live feed from the Q & A session wasn't categorical? Most on here seem to think it was very clear, and highly contradictory given He had just re- signed Thommo & Gow, and is courting Webster.

Really? Is that the best fishing attempt you can do?

You're funny!

Not sure if you know this... but age affects different people in a different way... for some of you; brain cells die off; whilst for others it can be pace and mobility.

Not sure if you know this either; but different positions require different amounts of pace and ability to be played in effectively.

I love how you quote my "I was under the impression" as proof of your "Categorically states".

Sums up your inconsistent ramblings perfectly.

Now... still waiting for the direct quote from Mr Murray... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Really? Is that the best fishing attempt you can do?

You're funny!

Not sure if you know this... but age affects different people in a different way... for some of you; brain cells die off; whilst for others it can be pace and mobility.

Not sure if you know this either; but different positions require different amounts of pace and ability to be played in effectively.

I love how you quote my "I was under the impression" as proof of your "Categorically states".

Sums up your inconsistent ramblings perfectly.

Now... still waiting for the direct quote from Mr Murray... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

It was on BAWA periscope feed... Live... You are actually answering/countering your own questions. On a completely unrelated subject, Thanks for the heads up on how age affects you...

Back to the team though, Its still baffling though that one of the fittest members of the squad playing in a certain position is deemed to be prone to age, when the guy the manager is courting for that position is the same age with an injury history as long as your arm..?

Thats a puzzler?

Bit of a gamble, that. I would have thought that Carswell would be a better option for the holding midfield role.

Jim talks a good game off the pitch, but his attitude towards the younger players was poor at times last season. Was he not effectively dropped from his coaching role and issued with an ultimatum regarding his on field antics?

Contrary to Andy's latest slabberings, I certainly do not hate the guy. Indeed, like Thompson, I think he has been great for the club, and I don't want to see that legacy sullied by a dismal final throw of the dice on account of a manager not being able to freshen things up. It would be interesting to know how many of those calling for a clear-out at the close of last season are currently clamouring for Goodwin to routinely feature in the starting 11.

Murray has presumably been tasked with building a new squad for this season. How well he has achieved that will be clearer by the end of next week. I personally do not think that Goodwin (and, to a degree, Thompson) should be an integral part of that squad. As such, it would be best for all parties - in my opinion - if he moved on.

Drew you talk crap. You don't like Goodwin admit it. He is needed in the starting line up.

He is a Mr Marmite character to the support, but his influence last night was beyond question.

The Penalty incident involved the Annan player kicking the ground instead of the ball, Goodwin blasted the ball in a clearance, it whacked the Annan guy who went down in a heap, i can only guess out of embarrassment and the mug ref gave a pen.

You could tell by the Annan players reaction the knew they had gotten an early gift.

I think most are forgetting JG limited contribution over the last wee while .

He's not a good role model for the younger players as many think .

Anyway , this is pointless - obviously Teale and now Murray think he's a liability , and that's good enough for me .

Edited by munoz