St Mirren V Livingston Championship 29/8/15

shull

Debt ??? We keep hearing there will be another 3 signings but where are they. It would appear either we haven't spent the budget or someone has been telling porkies. If we have spent the budget why us IM still talking of signings.

Well we haven't spent the budget. It's pretty common knowledge we have offers on the table for Shankland and Webster.

We are waiting on Aberdeen and Webster. Not much we can do apart from make the offers.

Well we haven't spent the budget. It's pretty common knowledge we have offers on the table for Shankland and Webster.

We are waiting on Aberdeen and Webster. Not much we can do apart from make the offers.

Exactly this is the time for cool heads, DON'T PANIC.

We will turn the corner.

Most of our support don't care. The board should have told me we would be playing boys this year as we could have saved cash paying to watch this crap

The clubs decline is v sad and it is so disappointing to see where we are now.

We are a club that has forgotten how to win

You're a poster that's forgotten to say something in the one fcuking post. 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint

We can also have other targets and set deadlines - these 2 deals are getting beyond a joke now. I see this morning Div saying Webster has been given 48 hours - that should have been done a week ago now. As I have said elsewhere Shankland will not make a great deal of difference as we create nothing. The issues are in midfield both offensively and defensively for me. Over-run and bullied without Goodwin who will be targeted by opponents all season for that very reason. Get Jim out the game and the midfield is theirs ! Did Carswell really play 80+ games for Motherwell in this roll ???

I really hope the boys are fired up for the game on Saturday, play them at their own game and get in about it.

Sadly I'm not convinced our midfield is up to that, look far to lightweight. Normally when that's the case we should be aiming to play a high tempo pressing game but have still to see that this season.

I really hope the boys are fired up for the game on Saturday, play them at their own game and get in about it.

Sadly I'm not convinced our midfield is up to that, look far to lightweight. Normally when that's the case we should be aiming to play a high tempo pressing game but have still to see that this season.

We are crying out for a Shuggie Murray or Steven Thomson type in midfield. Alex Neil, Keith Lasley, you know the type of character. Edited by Drew

There would have been pressure on this game even if we had got through tonight.

The fact we got miserably papped out in 90 minutes... The pressure is ratcheted up some what. QOTS away the week after...

A loss in this one and it will get very ugly very quickly. We have seen how quick our crowd turns on a manager, we seen it last year with Tommy Craig. Murray is a result or two away from the same treatment.

We saw it 2 years ago with Wee Danny as well

Regarding the last sentence, is that when you intend giving Murray the same treatment that Lex gave to Lennon?

ETA, in an earlier post you set out what you consider to be acceptable for this point in the season, does this mean you were already firing up the Lexicon to have a bash at Murray before last night's game?

I also saw your claim that the vast majority of fans wanted Murray, so I ask an oft-posed question.

SOURCE?

Edited by beyond our ken

We are crying out for a Shuggie Murray or Steven Thomson type in midfield. Alex Neil, Keith Lasley, you know the type of character.

I actually agree, along with some kind of creativity.

The question must be asked though, surely a competent manager knew this in May? And if he didn't realise it then, will his current signing targets reflect this need?

IF we play as we did last night, then we will get beat I am sorry to say. I agree with Drew, we are crying out for someone in midfield of the same ilk as a Shuggie Murray, Alex Neil........Until the first quarter is over I am prepared to get behind the team and Ian Murray, but with the crowds dwindling already after a mere 3 league games it is going to be a long hard slog.

The question must be asked though, surely a competent manager knew this in May? And if he didn't realise it then, will his current signing targets reflect this need?

I'm guessing that Murray hoped that Goodwin would get a gig elsewhere to free up the cash to bring in such a player...........Goodwin should be the kind of player you are talking about but unfortunately too often the wrong side of the referee to be effective (whether his fault or not is another discussion).

Maybe he thought he had what was required with a combination of the players he had and brought in. Carswell and Goodwin in the holding role, Mallan, Agnew as the more creative players. It seems he might well have called it wrong. What will be key is whether he realises this and can address the deficiencies.

Ian Black?

Maybe the Hearts era Ian Black, but not now.

I honestly can't think of anyone who is available, within our budget, and would be likely to sign. That's Murray's difficulty right there.

We can chat all we want about the type of player Murray should be bringing in, but the reality is that his options are limited.

Edited by Drew

Obviously would love to see a victory but would be happy just to see a resemblance of a TEAM performance, with

players all aware of their roles and keeping a good shape.

At this point that to me would be progress.

Wouldn't be enough for me Frank. At the very least I would expect 3 points and some real aggression from every player in a Saints jersey. I know they are young but they ought to be really pissed off at themselves after last night. It's a great chance for some payback.