Relegation A Real Possibly

With such a poor start to the season, lack of goals, poor midfield, lack of squad depth and injury list could we really be involved in a relegation battle?

I have to say I think it's a certainly.

Unless we seriously strengthen we are in deep trouble

Thoughts?

With such a poor start to the season, lack of goals, poor midfield, lack of squad depth and injury list could we really be involved in a relegation battle?

Thoughts?

Completely with you on this - it has been obvious from 2 months ago that we are ill prepared - at no point to date has this improved anywhere nearly enough.

But many optimists have been promising that by the end of August we will be sorted.

Sadly though we are out of a major cup already and 8 points behind in the league.

Webster may well improve the defence (if he is fit and playing well) but how we gonna get sufficient goals at the other end. Poor Shankland if he is signing as our only scoring saviour -

Maybe we can do the impossible - But I suspect miracles will take a bit longer!!

Thoughts?

oh ffs

the chemist opens at 9am

chill out dude it was a cup game

the league is our priority

we are rebuilding after the last few seasons of dire and will obviously take time

rome wasn't built in 1 day

sat is massive game for us

Jama our style of play, lack of desire, lack of threat and poor defence is a major cause of concern.

If we don't strengthen (I pray we do) we won't make the playoffs and get dragged into the fight at the bottom.

There's no point in saying it can't happen. Look at Morton two years ago

oh ffs

the chemist opens at 9am

chill out dude it was a cup game

the league is our priority

we are rebuilding after the last few seasons of dire and will obviously take time

rome wasn't built in 1 day

sat is massive game for us

It's only a cup game?? Did you say that in 2012/2013 season?

Shocking performance midfield non existent players not sure if where they are playing.

I want murray as manager but he needs to shoulder the blame and sort it out pronto

Jama our style of play, lack of desire, lack of threat and poor defence is a major cause of concern.

If we don't strengthen (I pray we do) we won't make the playoffs and get dragged into the fight at the bottom.

There's no point in saying it can't happen. Look at Morton two years ago

and im not disagreeing with you but we are 3 league games in 4 on sat and we are 3 or mabe even 5 players short of a complete team

this is where we are now, this is the cause of relegation

we all really know where the problem lies with the club and inmho doesn't lie with the manager, he deserves time

and i wouldn't be surprised if he was told mid table minimum would do

it is a rebuild from top to bottom we all knew this was coming

but yes more fight needed and i for 1 after that game expect a reaction, makes sat's game even more important

its def how we react to this tonight on sat that will judge how our rather inexperienced team will/can cope throughout the rest of the season

but this is where we are now

He has had two moths not long not long enough to go mad yeah? He should however have a plan and he should have a structure or a philosophy on how we will attempt to play. I see nothing I can't see any shape of any actual game plan. Livi and Dumbarton are not even top teams yet both looked sharper and better in possession than us. We are a million miles from being competitive . I can also now say Murray was wrong / we are a million miles behind rangers and hibs but what's worse we can't beat anyone and are having 43 percent possession tonight . It's poor really poor and older heads are our only way out now.

Edited by norrie82

He has had two moths not long not long enough to go mad yeah? He should however have a plan and he should have a structure or a philosophy on how we will attempt to play. I see nothing I can't see any shape of any actual game plan. Livi and Dumbarton are not even top teams yet both looked sharper and better in possession than us. We are a million miles from being competitive . I can also now say Murray was wrong / we are a million miles behind rangers and hibs but what's worse we can't beat anyone and are having 43 percent possession tonight . It's poor really poor and older heads are our only way out now.

Maybe Murzo should collect butterflies instead. We'll be up the league in jig time.

We had a dismal season last year and Ian Murray has been given the job of turning that habit of losing into winning, This is obviously proving harder than he thought and i think he must be given time to get it right. If there is no improvement in the next 4/5 games then i think it is fair to question his ability, it's definitely too soon to write him off already.

Thoughts?

Eh?

Thoughts....................panic merchant.

Edited by faraway saint

Of course back-to-back relegation or becoming the next Dunfermline is a possibility. At the start of the season I openly predicted us to finish fifth behind Sevco, Hibs, Queens and Falkirk - pointing out that clubs like Queens and Falkirk are good solid clubs battle hardened for life in the lower division. I couldn't get a bookie to take a bet that said 'St Mirren to finish fifth', and as someone who doesn't gamble and has been in a bookies three times in my life (twice to use their lavvy), asked on this forum why that was.

What is scunnering me is that we have only played Sevco away so far out of the 'four really strong' clubs in this division, and have looked a very poor outfit against other clubs I genuinely, with no hint of Billy Big Baws, thought we could beat - certainly at home. We seem to have painted the away dressing room black and stuck up photos of players to intimidate opponents and create Fortress Feegie? Fcuk sake - maybe signing some decent players in the positions we really needed might work better? Just saying.

Better strap yourselves in for a rocky ride folks, but ignore the obvious trolls and at least give Murray some time.... The one thing, possibly the only thing, I am holding onto at the moment is that once upon a time Sir Alex Ferguson was on a really sticky wicket too, and was a baw' hair away from a quick exit at Manchester United. Look how that worked out. Not saying Murray is the next Sir Grumpy Nuts, but the theory is the same... this is no time for a too-early kneejerk reaction and another revolving door management situation.

Keep calm and stick with the manager and players. It's all we can do. Ball is in Gilmour, Murray, Spalding, Thommo and Langfield's court.... Need the chairman, manager and senior players to get a grip of this and arrest the apparent slide from being a nine-year top light club to..... who knows what.

Edited by pozbaird

Certainly looks a possibility at this point.

For the third season in a row we've started the season looking unready, we obviously still have the cash left in the budget to make a couple of signings - better hope they're crackers.

Re the saviours of our season, it's been my opinion that holding back a bit of the budget to see who becomes available in August is the way to go - but how often has it worked? If my recollections are correct only once back in 2005 when we signed Adam & Sutton just before the deadline - please feel free to correct me (August only). I am coming round to the POV that maybe it's better to get people in as soon as possible and try to hit the season running

Edited by Bud the Baker

Of course back-to-back relegation or becoming the next Dunfermline is a possibility. At the start of the season I openly predicted us to finish fifth behind Sevco, Hibs, Queens and Falkirk - pointing out that clubs like Queens and Falkirk are good solid clubs battle hardened for life in the lower division. I couldn't get a bookie to take a bet that said 'St Mirren to finish fifth', and as someone who doesn't gamble and has been in a bookies three times in my life (twice to use their lavvy), asked on this forum why that was.

What is scunnering me is that we have only played Sevco away so far out of the 'four really strong' clubs in this division, and have looked a very poor outfit against other clubs I genuinely, with no hint of Billy Big Baws, thought we could beat - certainly at home. We seem to have painted the away dressing room black and stuck up photos of players to intimidate opponents and create Fortress Feegie? Fcuk sake - maybe signing some decent players in the positions we really needed might work better? Just saying.

Better strap yourselves in for a rocky ride folks, but ignore the obvious trolls and at least give Murray some time.... The one thing, possibly the only thing, I am holding onto at the moment is that once upon a time Sir Alex Ferguson was on a really sticky wicket too, and was a baw' hair away from a quick exit at Manchester United. Look how that worked out. Not saying Murray is the next Sir Grumpy Nuts, but the theory is the same... this is no time for a too-early kneejerk reaction and another revolving door management situation.

Keep calm and stick with the manager and players. It's all we can do. Ball is in Gilmour, Murray, Spalding, Thommo and Langfield's court.... Need the chairman, manager and senior players to get a grip of this and arrest the apparent slide from being a nine-year top light club to..... who knows what.

The major difference between Fergie's tough start at Manchester United and Murray's start at St Mirren, is that by that time Fergie had a 12 track record as a manager at St Mirren and Aberdeen and had won 12 titles in 12 years with those two clubs and had beat the likes of Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and discovered or improved players like Thomson, Copeland, Fitzpatrick, Abercromby, Stark, Weir, Richardson, Torrance, McGarvey, Leighton, McLeish, Miller, Strachan, McGhee, McDougall, and managed Scotland at a World Cup Final and shown he had the strength of character to overcome a disappointing start at Aberdeen and a few years without trophies there and bounce back and win the league or some cups the following year. In Murray;s two and a half years at Dumbarton they've done lightly better than expected for a part time team in a league with a few other part time teams and teams with a mix of full time and part time players.