Ian Murray Will Come Good

I've just checked the league table, and after a very disappointing start to the season, we're 4 points off 4th place.

How many points behind promoted Morton would rank as a major disappointment after 6 games? (Please remember we have just over half the number of points Morton have acquired at this stage of the season).

Agree with TC, Murray seems lost as to formation and line-up consistency. Thompson is totally isolated, midfield are far to deep to support. We have a decent squad with a lot of pace, surely a 4-4-2 and have a real go at teams. Changes should have been made pre the penalty on Saturday, it's not only about protecting a lead but adding to it.

Anyone who thinks we can bounce straight back should seek mental help????

Mmmmm

With the 3rd biggest wage budget we should certainly be aiming for the play offs.

And once you are in the plays offs the anything can happen.

The hardest tests in first round of plays offs would Hibs or Falkirk and the final could be against the likes of Ross County, Partick or Kilmarnock.

IMO, its those who DON'T think we should be aiming to go straight back up who should seek mental help!

Edited by nosferatu

Mmmmm

With the 3rd biggest wage budget we should certainly be aiming for the okay offs.

The hardest tests in first round of plays offs would Hibs or Falkirk and the final could be against the likes of Ross County, Partick or Kilmarnock.

IMO, its those who DON'T think we should be aiming to go straight back up who should seek mental help!

Could you recommend one of your shrinks?

With the squad we have we should be aiming for the play offs .

Fair play to Murray and the board for assembling this group of players .

All he needs to do now is , sort out his tactics and motivational skills .

Easy .

If we don't make the play offs this season it's likely to get more difficult next season as the player budget is unlikely to be as big after we burn through the parachute payment and settle down to much smaller home crowds.

The fud .... Signed the dud. But if they both want to apologise for being pish then hopefully Dumbarton will huv them back.

Like Murray i think Agnew should be given time. Agnew has come from part time football and in time will come good, if not don't play him... He has scored a few cracking goals and if he learns quickly he could still be a valuable asset.

Mmmmm

With the 3rd biggest wage budget we should certainly be aiming for the play offs.

My god a rare moment when you talk some sense instead of fishing clap2.gif

If we don't make the play offs this season it's likely to get more difficult next season as the player budget is unlikely to be as big after we burn through the parachute payment and settle down to much smaller home crowds.

What will all the posters who said i quote "it will do us good to get relegated" last season make of more than one season out of the Prem, or worse still dropping again?

Will,that be even better for the clubs future?

Like Murray i think Agnew should be given time. Agnew has come from part time football and in time will come good, if not don't play him... He has scored a few cracking goals and if he learns quickly he could still be a valuable asset.

I remember people talking about Andy Dorman in the same way, 'he goes hiding....no dig....he does nothing' I guess the goals just 'paper over the cracks' which is another cliché that is well used on here.

I like the thought of playing him in an advanced role, his technique for shooting is superb, I don't remember Carey or McLean hitting it is well as Agnew did for his Berwick and Dumbarton goals.

Agnew is the new Billy Stark / Andy Dorman.

Scores goals but folk still hate him cos he disnae work hard enough!

Who hated Andy Dorman?

Comparing Agnew with Dorman is like comparing Pirlo with Richard Brittain.

Angew isn't very good, there is a reason why he has been at dumbarton for so long.

Edited by JJ McG

Stark and Dorman could make defence splitting passes on a regular basis. Their poor tackling was overshadowed by their passing and goals.

But Dorman could not lace Stark's boots. Billy contributed a phenomenal amount to the team whereas Dorman did vanish quite a lot for my liking.

Stark went on to win two Championship medals with Aberdeen and Celtic, 4 Scottish Cup medals, 1 League Cup medal and 1 European Super Cup medal.

Agnew should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Starky. smile.png

Edit to Add: and a First Division Championship medal with us. I hope Agnew is at least able to get that medal.

Edited by Sonny

Who hated Andy Dorman?

Comparing Agnew with Dorman is like comparing Pirlo with Richard Brittain.

Angew isn't very good, there is a reason why he has been at dumbarton for so long.

There were plenty on here and in the stands that slated Dorman week in week out.

Nobody is comparing them, I am saying a few saints fans attitudes towards them is similar.

Mmmmm

In my defence I wrote that not long after the Falkirk game when I was utterly gutted like many of us. Of course we should be in a playoff place anything less should be seen as a failure .

Stark and Dorman could make defence splitting passes on a regular basis. Their poor tackling was overshadowed by their passing and goals.

But Dorman could not lace Stark's boots. Billy contributed a phenomenal amount to the team whereas Dorman did vanish quite a lot for my liking.

Stark went on to win two Championship medals with Aberdeen and Celtic, 4 Scottish Cup medals, 1 League Cup medal and 1 European Super Cup medal.

Agnew should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Starky. smile.png

Edit to Add: and a First Division Championship medal with us. I hope Agnew is at least able to get that medal.

Dorman never vanished, ever.

Not only did he score goals, he also assisted in many of the goals we scored.

He was never fully appreciated.