Hibernian V St Mirren Spfl Championship 26Th September 2015

shull

45 years ago, Hibs brought Aberdeen's long unbeaten record ,which also included Bobby Clark's 1155 minutes without conceding , to an end with a 2-0 victory at Easter Road! St Mirren horsed Hibs 3-1 a few days later !

Just saying !

Hmmmm I seem to remember crapping myself on the 21st December 2012, it didn't happen. But us winning 3-1 would actually be more important!!!

45 years ago, Hibs brought Aberdeen's long unbeaten record ,which also included Bobby Clark's 1155 minutes without conceding , to an end with a 2-0 victory at Easter Road! St Mirren horsed Hibs 3-1 a few days later !

Just saying

An old adage is that llightning doesn't strike twice in the same place.

This is especially the case if you have a bad conductor.

Just saying

'

An old adage is that llightning doesn't strike twice in the same place.

This is especially the case if you have a bad conductor.

Just saying

Yeah well , we were pish back then too , heading for relegation soon after !

Edited by billyg

I'll be walking the Waterloo battlefield on Saturday afternoon.

An away victory for the plucky underdog Scots (with a little help from some Germans, Dutch, a massive quantity of Prussians... and a few English).

As I look down from Hougemont, I'll be having one eye on the approaching French marauders, and the other on SkySports mobile app.

Like the 3-1 Saints vibe, so will go with that.

Nobody expected us to do anything v QoS. Nobody expects us to do anything on Saturday. It would be the Saints way to win this.

I was going through till I saw the prices Hibs are charging the disabled in a wheelchair with Carer £22.00, even in the premier league teams do not charge this amount. Hibs have always charged the most for Wheelchair Disabled than any other team in Scotland, however overall my sympathies lie with those that have to pay the full £22 a person to watch this week in week out or £20 an adult for a St.Mirren home game, its even worse if the said adults take their kids to the game and in our case, or so it has been so far this season, to watch a shambles of a game of football played by the mighty St.Mirren.

The last time St.Mirren played them in the premier league, they even told us on arrival at the disabled gate that one of the tickets had been cancelled by St.Mirren and to go to the ticket office to sort it out. We were told to wait in the queue, even after a full explanation was given by us to the stewards at the Hibs end, 15 minutes later the girl at the Hibs ticket office said sorry but it appears St.Mirren have indeed cancelled the ticket, but not to worry just present them to the same steward again and tell them I said it was OK to get in. My carer pushed me back to the St.Mirren end and again we went to tell the same steward the story the girl at the Hibs ticket office had told us, this time without listening to the story the steward said and I quote, "just go in it disnae matter " Eventually we got into the game 25mins late.

Hibs treatment of the disabled is disgraceful, I only hope one of the BOD,s of Hibs is never in a place where they are disabled and perhaps our chairman could have an off the record conversation with the Hibs chairman about pricing overall, although I doubt this will ever happen.

Edited by stripey

All the best to those travelling through. Heading through to Embra was always a good day out, but at £22 a ticket for the shite we've been watching.... not for me. Those who are going along deserve a medal and to them, I doff my bunnet.

3-1 Hibs, sadly.

Edited by Drew

Early train through to capital city tomorrow, few beers on the train then head down Leith Walk stopping at a few pubs on the way. Sounds like a great day. Sadly the football match is going to get in the way and most likely ruin it.

I feel after the last two disgraces that we are just waiting to sack Murray. I just can't see how he will turn it around now, but I don't think he will be sacked before Christmas. Between now and then we play the waiting game. We are a rudderless ship drifting around the wilderness that is bottom half of the second tier, and there I fear we will remain as long as Murray's at the wheel.

Hibs are a far better team than us, that goes without saying and it's no surprise given their far larger budget and the fact they have a better manager.

It would be very St Mirren to get something here and indeed maybe we will. Our away form is good, we haven't lost a game on the road since Ibrox. Maybe Hibs are tired from their midweek exploits and maybe we can sneak something. Not likely but certainly not impossible.

If we do will it inspire confidence that Murray can build on it and get the team on a run? No, absolutely not, let's wait and see.

Get through to Edinburgh, put a wager, (a small wager, don't bet the hoose), on St Mirren at 7/1, enjoy the beautiful weather, the vast selection of good pubs on the way and get behind yer team. After midweek, this game is a come down for Hibs in a league they can't win - we can catch them on the hop.

f**k me its miserable on here - the season is still young. Plenty time for doom and gloom after the game if we lose. Follow above instructions and it just might be a cracking day.