Mccausland

Pars Fan

Always makes me chuckle when there is outrage from fans about a player earning "over £1K a week".

These guys might get fairly well paid, but remember that their career can be over with one bad tackle, and regardless of that it will be over by the time they are 35 unless they move into coaching or management.

Even when they do move into that game, most will fail, all will be sacked at some point.

The players down south that get paid £200K a week, fair enough, that is obscene, but I don't think it's at all unreasonable for a footballer playing for us to earn £1k to £1.5K a week. It's all relative.

Not as much as I chuckled when I read Shaun Wright Phillips is on £1800 pw........the same as Andy Dorman.

https://www.mlsplayers.org/images/September%2015%202015%20Salary%20Information%20-%20Alphabetical.pdf

I agree though for being a professional footballer, it's not a exactly a lot of money.

Eh ?

I'm referring to Dunfermline's past and what appears to be current strategy of paying wages they can't afford and gambling on bringing in bigger crowds. They have done it before and been caught out and with any luck it'll happen again.

BTW best of luck to Cheesy

My overall impression of Marc McAusland was that he was an honest trier but he was prone to some very basic errors that would cost us goals, games and points.

He would have the occasional good game, the occasional ok game but in the main a potential accident waiting to happen.

He never really developed much beyond "promising", maybe as another poster said he lacked having a more experienced, good central defender next to him that could have helped him develop, or an experienced 'head' who could read the game and encourage him to cut out the basic mistakes.

Personally I wouldn't have him back, but I know that he has his fans.

Not as much as I chuckled when I read Shaun Wright Phillips is on £1800 pw........the same as Andy Dorman.

https://www.mlsplayers.org/images/September%2015%202015%20Salary%20Information%20-%20Alphabetical.pdf

I agree though for being a professional footballer, it's not a exactly a lot of money.

some cracking info there.

can you imagine the melt down there would be if all Scots wages were published like that

some cracking info there.

can you imagine the melt down there would be if all Scots wages were published like that

I don't know if it's because it's the norm in the US to see professional sportsmens salaries but it isn't considered a big deal.

I can't imagine there is that much money washing round the Scottish game but what it would do is highlight how the OF are grossly out paying the other teams in their respective leagues.

To be honest I think there would be an initial melt down but after that I think fans would accept it, though I do think football managers would be held more accountable for their signings. In our case I think IM would need to explain why he spent a chunk of his budget on Gow, a player with a well publicised injury record for example.

Always makes me chuckle when there is outrage from fans about a player earning "over £1K a week".

These guys might get fairly well paid, but remember that their career can be over with one bad tackle, and regardless of that it will be over by the time they are 35 unless they move into coaching or management.

Even when they do move into that game, most will fail, all will be sacked at some point.

The players down south that get paid £200K a week, fair enough, that is obscene, but I don't think it's at all unreasonable for a footballer playing for us to earn £1k to £1.5K a week. It's all relative.

Some people on this Forum may think there is something to read into in that last wee bit Div......

Or is it just me that sees the potential in it for the Cheesy Haters.

Edited by thomsons dropped it

I work more than 35 hours a week and my career could be over with a spark from a grinder or a carelessly placed cable but it doesn't reflect in the remuneration I receive. And if I'm cr@p at my job I won't be paid any remainder of an inflated salary.

I work more than 35 hours a week and my career could be over with a spark from a grinder or a carelessly placed cable but it doesn't reflect in the remuneration I receive. And if I'm cr@p at my job I won't be paid any remainder of an inflated salary.

Very good point.

Nobody forces these guys to be footballers, the "short time, might be over, yaddy blah" argument is just nonsense. It's one of the many myths of football, up there with a 20 hour week being testing and players having too much spare time (they just don't see the need to apply themselves).

Some of the Potter bashing on this forum is out of order.

He was a defensive mainstay of one of the most successful Saints sides which also had a great defensive record.

Who was "Potter bashing"?

I simply said that I would have Cheesey in my team ahead of Potter... simply stating a personal thought giving a frame of reference that would mean something to a Pars fan.

Is it your time of the month or something? Sensitive wee soul.

As for Potter... playing in a defence Managed by Gus and aided by Millen, I reckon even Effi Ambrose would have a good record!!!

Nope.

Didn't see a job that guaranteed me a three year deal at over fifty grand a year to go to train four times a week for a few hours, which many others do and pay for the privilege, then kick a ball about for ninety odd minutes while ensuring I am fed and watered each day for nowt.

Or did I look in the wrong section?

Very good point.

Nobody forces these guys to be footballers, the "short time, might be over, yaddy blah" argument is just nonsense. It's one of the many myths of football, up there with a 20 hour week being testing and players having too much spare time (they just don't see the need to apply themselves).

and nobody is forcing st lucifer to do a crap and dangerous job for low pay so stop blaming footballers for that. Edited by oaksoft

Nope.

Didn't see a job that guaranteed me a three year deal at over fifty grand a year to go to train four times a week for a few hours, which many others do and pay for the privilege, then kick a ball about for ninety odd minutes while ensuring I am fed and watered each day for nowt.

Or did I look in the wrong section?

you had your chance and didnt take it. marc took his chance.

not sure why you are having a go at him for your failure.

want a job at 50k? go to uni and get educated or go self employed.

youll need to work hard just like marc did.

stop looking for free lunches.

Edited by oaksoft

He has signed for them

Just one question where is Dungvermin getting the money from

We can't afford Cheesy and the boy Moffat is on more than any of our players by a good bit

Cheesy would have been good for us this season but as i said our out of our price range

Oaft, "Dungvermin". Going to take some doing to uncurl my toes from the cringe I'm feeling for you.

You seem very privy to how much each player is on, that's pretty impressive because I have no f**king idea, players aren't usually keen to go around telling everyone there wages, for example how much do you reckon Webster, Goodwin, Agnew and Langfield are on?

Anywho, despite being in a low division our crowds have held up really well, just over 2500 season tickets as well as getting usually about 3000 through the gate. We also have this scheme called "The Centenary Lifeline" where we have about 1050 fans paying in twenty pounds per month, that's a seriously good bit of cash for a club at our level, our board also seem a bit more savvy, we've cut allot of cost to the extent where the club shop is run by volunteers!