Bye Bye Spalding?

In the name of God!! It isn't the fault of an assistant manager if the team, tactics, selections etc are pure rank rotten. First and foremost its the bloody manager. Seems Spalding is a bit of a scapegoat here. Oh well. Here's to yet another shitty appointment whoever it may be.

Spot on my forum chum, spot on indeed.

If the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co board of directors sanction the sacking of Mr Spalding then this will be nothing short of disgraceful.

The appalling tactics and team selections are down to his immediate supervisor, in this case a certian Mr Ian Murray. The immediate supervisor (Mr Ian Murray) is entirely culpable for the current mess at our club. Mr Spalding cannot be blamed for this and deserves better.

If this is true then this is a very poor show, poor show indeed.

Did he not say it was for no more that the previous manager was receiving?

I doubt if Alex Miller would entertain acting as assistant to a young manager in the Championship.

Alex Miller said on Radio Scotland that he had offered to come in for free to assist Gary Teale but the BoD never got back to him.

Spot on my forum chum, spot on indeed.

If the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co board of directors sanction the sacking of Mr Spalding then this will be nothing short of disgraceful.

The appalling tactics and team selections are down to his immediate supervisor, in this case a certian Mr Ian Murray. The immediate supervisor (Mr Ian Murray) is entirely culpable for the current mess at our club. Mr Spalding cannot be blamed for this and deserves better.

If this is true then this is a very poor show, poor show indeed.

Let's go a step further, the people that appointed Murray, Teale and Tommy Craig aren't they more culpable?

It seems it was bit of both - a free month, then same wage as TC on a non contract basis. From the Alex Miller thread;

'He offered his services to put something back. He was happy to come in without any contract and work for a month to see if they liked him. Then he would work for same wage as tommy had without contract'.

Here and now I'll say, though I'm glad the club are taking some action, I don't think this in itself will be the solution. UNLESS....... the plan is to bring a real manager in and make him accept Murray as his assistant. Even if the façade of Murray management is kept.

a lot of posters gave Spalding a lot of stick and it was clear he would be sacrifced first because this board is ridiculously reactionary. New face and new ideas in training will probaly be of some help though.

W still have a problem of under-achieving players that needs to be addressed in the next 8 weeks. Is there an obvious player-coach option out there?