Kid In The Stand

we`re gonna have to disagree on this one Bud.

As for the outrage if it happened a crappielow ? We would have received a bill for the cosmetic surgery !!!

What would have happened if it was Jim Goodwin that did it at Crappielow?

It would have been on the FRONT page of the Record and Sun and you can bet the Compliance Officer,maybe even Cabey, would be involved.

It disnae matter who was sitting there........it was an assault.

If I was the wee guys Dad I would be giving the PDE a front page story.........the wee guy getting pictured handing over the top he was given and asking for it to be returned to sender.

Does anybody know how the kid in the family stand wearing the yellow jacket is after the clown scum player hitting him on the face with a ball?!

I work with his dad. Bit of a joke they gave him a Morton top. There was no oppology from the player. How hard is it for them to go ask st Mirren for a top to give the boy instead give him a top he hates

According to Facebook, he is fine and returned to watch the Match.

A Morton Coach presented him with a Morton Top.

The top is tacky, cheap and I would not wipe my arse with it. It was a completely unnecessary and deliberate kick of a ball that was already out. Morton's player Barr, who should be fined by the club, only showed remorse when he realised he struck the ball so hard it clattered a child's face and the fact he did not want to be booked.

He should be ashamed of his action and an apology on twitter is not good enough. No doubt Morton will take no action against him. I am pleased to read that the young boy is alright.

Finally why some Morton fans found this funny is beyond comprehension, but does show what thicko,s they are.

Edited by stripey

The top is tacky, cheap and I would not wipe my arse with it. It was a completely unnecessary and deliberate kick of a ball that was already out. Morton's player Barr, who should be fined by the club, only showed remorse when he realised he struck the ball so hard it clattered a child's face and the fact he did not want to be booked.

He should be ashamed of his action and an apology on twitter is not good enough. No doubt Morton will take no action against him. I am pleased to read that the young boy is alright.

Finally why some Morton fans found this funny is beyond comprehension, but does show what thicko,s they are.

Does anyone remember a while back the wee 7 or 8 year old St Mirren ball boy getting ballootered on the chest by the ball and when he burst out greeting a sympathetic voice from the West Bank shouted "man up you"

Guest TPAFKATS

Load of nonsense. Kids sitting behind the goal are risking the same thing every week, especially when St Mirren are shooting into that goal. If anything should be questioned it should be the stupidity of putting the family section behind a goal

Are you incapable of making any post factually accurate?

My dad used to to take me to Dunterlie to see Athurlie when I was a lad. I remember being about 7 or 8 and watching the a match from the giant grass roller behind and to the side of the goals. Twice in one match I was hit on the chest and knocked off the roller onto the grass. I died on both occasions. I got better.

I know, I was there.

Seen you.

Come on the Lie.

I remember one Sunday playing fitba in the mid 60s with my big brother and his pals in the Camphill playground.

One end was a large set of pillars we used as goals.

The guy in goals was a smoker and didn't even put his ciggie down will playing.

He put it in his mouth when he was attempting a save.

I remember as if it was yesterday.

The ball smacked him square in the face.

Tobacco and ash all over his totally stunned fisog.

We were all pishing ourselves.

Aye, the good auld days.

Of course the ball was not deliberately kicked at the kid's face but the Morton player should still have been booked for it......

What offence would you book him for?

From FIFA - Laws Of The Game - Law 12 Fouls And Misconduct

A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of the following seven offences:

• unsporting behaviour

• dissent by word or action

• persistent infringement of the Laws of the Game

• delaying the restart of play

• failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in

• entering or re-entering the field of play without the referee’s permission

• deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission

The same offence that Will Haining got booked for and subsequently sent off for at ICT. He was angry and booted the ball against the advertising hoardings. Unsporting behaviour.

The way you describe it sounds like Haining was booked for dissent. How can an accident be classed as unsporting behaviour? Edited by Stuart Dickson

The way you describe it sounds like Haining was booked for dissent. How can an accident be classed as unsporting behaviour?

Kicking the ball away is unsporting behaviour, it doesn't need to be kicked out the park.

FWIW, I don't believe the Morton player deliberately kick the ball at a section of kids. He did intentionally kick the ball into the spectators though which is pretty poor.

Edited by davidg

I remember one Sunday playing fitba in the mid 60s with my big brother and his pals in the Camphill playground.

One end was a large set of pillars we used as goals.

The guy in goals was a smoker and didn't even put his ciggie down will playing.

He put it in his mouth when he was attempting a save.

I remember as if it was yesterday.

The ball smacked him square in the face.

Tobacco and ash all over his totally stunned fisog.

We were all pishing ourselves.

Aye, the good auld days.

Was any other regular poster playing that day? I've racked my wee bit brain and I can't think what pillars you mean. We sometimes used a pillar at the front of the boys' kludgies as a post but I only remember one. The other obvious goalmouth was behind the school where there was a gap in the wall that separated the boys playground from the girls. Right beside the girls' toilets. It was a hanging offence to go into their areas but we did it to get our ball back. Well, it was a good excuse.

Was any other regular poster playing that day? I've racked my wee bit brain and I can't think what pillars you mean. We sometimes used a pillar at the front of the boys' kludgies as a post but I only remember one. The other obvious goalmouth was behind the school where there was a gap in the wall that separated the boys playground from the girls. Right beside the girls' toilets. It was a hanging offence to go into their areas but we did it to get our ball back. Well, it was a good excuse.

My memory remembers the playground where we played football being to the left as you leave the assembly hall. I have just spoken to my brother and he remembers we used the gap at the boys' toilets and there was perhaps only one pillar. The "goals" at the other end were on the dining room wall.

He remembers it as the summer of 1970.

https://youtu.be/wvUQcnfwUUM?list=RDwvUQcnfwUUM

My memory remembers the playground where we played football being to the left as you leave the assembly hall. I have just spoken to my brother and he remembers we used the gap at the boys' toilets and there was perhaps only one pillar. The "goals" at the other end were on the dining room wall.

He remembers it as the summer of 1970.

https://youtu.be/wvUQcnfwUUM?list=RDwvUQcnfwUUM

Good memories. And thanks for Mungo Jerry. Me and Mrs. McD enjoyed singing along to it.