Mallan Away In January?

It's from one of those bollocks "agents" accounts which claims to have the inside scoop on what is happening but which is actually full of made up shite combined with talking about transfers that have already happened in a bid to show he is in the know.

Anyone who even thinks about believing them needs to have a good look at themselves.

Thanks for the vote of confidence and solidarity, stu! :rolleyes:

I wis jist saying,like....

Derek Mcinnes was in the petrol station at Glasgow Airport today!

The guy serving him obviously new him because they were quite Friendly and chatty with him...

Also Derek asked if he still watched St.Mirren! He said every week unfortunately! The boy serving asked how Kenny McClean was settling in and told McKinnes he couldn't believe he got him that cheap... Derek replied he couldn't believe it either but it's been a great signing they said goodbye and left!

I would have asked him... A/ if Shankland is anygood? And B if he's taking him back in January?

As for Mallan if the bids right then he will be off! If not he will remain at St.Mirren till his contract nears an end or is finished and leaves for very little or nothing!

The selling of Mclean was just daft. .

Oh it helped balance the books ? Oh aye , it helped get us f**ken relegated . .

Obviously McInnes couldn't believe his luck getting Kenny for the money that changed hands ..

I remember Butcher saying that relegation cost ICT 1 million pounds. .

So unless they were forced to sell Kenny I still fail to see any logic , whatsoever. .

Obviously McInnes couldn't believe his luck getting Kenny for the money that changed hands ..

So unless they were forced to sell Kenny I still fail to see any logic , whatsoever. .

Has there been a higher transfer fee paid between two non OF Scottish clubs in the last few years?

If so, what was it? Just how much you think McLean is worth? He isn't actually that good, that's why he's at Aberdeen.

I don't think the cost of relegation is as severe as it used to be since the restructuring/rebranding (whatever you want to call it) of the leagues.

I could well be wrong though.

Apparently there's been interest from league 2 clubs in England for mallan but Mallan wants to stay at us to take us back to the spl and because of everything the club has done for him!

Fair play to him but why he wants to stay with us until he is 43 years old is beyond me.

I heard that DM believes his 2 best pieces of business were St Mirren transfers.

2nd best was the capture of McLean.

His best piece of business was offloading Wylde to us.....

Has there been a higher transfer fee paid between two non OF Scottish clubs in the last few years?

If so, what was it? Just how much you think McLean is worth? He isn't actually that good, that's why he's at Aberdeen.

Really ? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Yeah , you`re right , he must be really crap to be a permanent fixture in the team sitting in a comfortable 2nd place in Scotlands top league !!

In what way did we benefit from that transfer fee?

If you apply a cost benefit analysis to that piece of business, I imagine you would conclude that the cost significantly outweighed the benefit. It was a ridiculous transaction from a SMFC perspectives, not least on account of the timing.

n con

If you apply a cost benefit analysis to that piece of business, I imagine you would conclude that the cost significantly outweighed the benefit. It was a ridiculous transaction from a SMFC perspectives, not least on account of the timing.

I'd guess the only benefit was that by agreeing his contract with a "buy-out" agreement (gentleman's I believe) was that we at least had his services for the first half of the season.......if the agreement was in place and the price was met then that's it, St Mirren weren't in control of the timing as that's the nature of these types of clauses.

Really ? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Yeah , you`re right , he must be really crap to be a permanent fixture in the team sitting in a comfortable 2nd place in Scotlands top league !!

Eh, Aberdeen maybe the 2nd place in Scotland, but they aren't a good side. What Kenny McLean is is a decent top flight SPFL player. Not outstanding, he's not going to be worrying about the POTY awards at the end of the season, but he's fine performing consistently at that level. How much is one of them worth? About 200-300k? Sounds right to me.

As with any player in Scotland, if he was any good he would be in England. Kenny isn't in England and he's nowhere near the Scotland squad for the simple reason he's not good enough to be.

The way people go on about him on here you'd think he was banging in goals for Bayern Munich.

Edited by TopCat

We had agreed to sell him if his release clause was met. He could have went abroad in the summer before he left for nothing, but chose to sign for us on that condition.

The timing - right at the end of the January window - was unfortunate but there was nothing the club could do.

Of course the timing of the McLean sale was dreadful. What can we do? Hee-haw. What can Arabs fans do about becoming a feeder club for Celtic and seeing what was one of Scotland's strongest sides being reduced to bottom-of-the-league shite? Celtic reportedly now after Soutar at United? Sheesh.

Let's not kid ourselves. Get a half-decent talent at the likes of Dundee United or Hibs and in the blink of an eye they'll be in a Celtic shirt - or a Sevco one once those cnuts get back to the top flight. Get a half-decent talent at the likes of St Mirren and in the blink of an eye they'll be in an Aberdeen or Hibs shirt.

We then look at Cowdenbeath or someone's half-decent talent. No, hold on, that was a few seasons ago. Let me change that. We then look at some more loanees.

Mallan will leave. Undoubtably. He also won't leave for an English club paying the kinds of fees Accies got for their talented players. If St Mirren get another 'Mallan or McLean' - they'll be off for either peanuts or absolutely nothing too.

The sooner we accept this, and accept that clubs like ours can never, ever again, build (and importantly, keep) a genuinely strong team that won't be raped up the arse and destroyed before it even gets going, the better.

The football landscape in 2016 is the major reason why my interest in Scottish football is disappearing down the U-bend, while my interest in the NFL, and more specifically my support of the Denver Broncos and the Wembley International Series games is growing. Even if you don't enjoy the sport, which is fair enough, if you know anything about the way the sport works, at least you can agree - it's a fair fight.

We had agreed to sell him if his release clause was met. He could have went abroad in the summer before he left for nothing, but chose to sign for us on that condition.

The timing - right at the end of the January window - was unfortunate but there was nothing the club could do.

Exactly! Kenny McLean would not have been at St Mirren last season at all if it wasn't for those terms that we agreed. It was an agreement which allowed Kenny to put himself in the shop window, whilst we recouped similar to what we were looking for in a development fee.

The timing was poor yes on Aberdeens behalf, but we were not in a position to negotiate the clause which was exercised by Aberdeen.

The sooner we accept this, and accept that clubs like ours can never, ever again, build (and importantly, keep) a genuinely strong team that won't be raped up the arse and destroyed before it even gets going, the better.

It carries on right up the chain though, in fairness. Look at the EPL: Everton, Stoke and Leicester are three clubs with some properly exciting talent around whom the vultures are circling.

Everton could feasibly lose Lukaku, Barkley, Deulefeu (sp?) - Stoke are already struggling to keep Arnautovic and Shaqiri. If Mahrez stays at Leicester beyond the summer you'd be staggered.

This is despite the insane TV cash that even a middling EPL side now commands. There's always a bigger fish.

A few people are talking about an 'agreement' being in place in respect of McLean, and that we have that to thank for the fact that he was at the club at all last season. That'll be the 'gentlemens' agreement' we were told about at the time. What a preposterous notion. Do people seriously believe that such a thing exists in modern day football?

Hey, perhaps we should see if Roy of the Rovers could come out of retirement to salvage our season for us. Jesus wept.

A few people are talking about an 'agreement' being in place in respect of McLean, and that we have that to thank for the fact that he was at the club at all last season. That'll be the 'gentlemens' agreement' we were told about at the time. What a preposterous notion. Do people seriously believe that such a thing exists in modern day football?

Hey, perhaps we should see if Roy of the Rovers could come out of retirement to salvage our season for us. Jesus wept.

So basically you're saying we should have reneged on the agreement we made with Kenny and his agent in the summer? Or are you saying the agreement didn't exist and Kenny signed for us for 2 years cause he loved the place and wanted to stay and the BOD made it all up?

The agreement makes perfect sense. Kenny clearly didn't want to sign for us again last summer. He was punting himself across the UK but no one else was interested. His options were then to go abroad for nothing (like Barry Douglas and others did) or sign for us.