Stuart Carswell

Nobody is saying that mate but a bit of respect towards the club that pays your wages wouldn't go a miss either.

Absolute tosh!

While I could see both sides far enough I don't see why it's a lack of respect when the team that "pays his wages" aren't even involved.

If he wants to post stuff like that he should have a private twitter. Publicly tweeting support for a team that we're actually playing against in a few weeks time is madness, utter madness.

Might be an interesting poll. Does it bother you if a Saints player tweets support for their big team a couple of weeks before we play them at "home" ? For me it makes us look like a right diddie outfit.

If he wants to post stuff like that he should have a private twitter. Publicly tweeting support for a team that we're actually playing against in a few weeks time is madness, utter madness.

I reiterate:

Absolute tosh!

As long as, if he gets a game, he doesn't follow, follow them with a UJ on his back and plays for his salary, we shouldn't give a feck which team he grew up supporting.

ETA.

Reading the previous post.

I think it makes us look like a "diddy support" worrying about which team, big or small, they've supported long before we paid their salary.

Edited by stlucifer

I reiterate:

As long as, if he gets a game, he doesn't follow, follow them with a UJ on his back and plays for his salary, we shouldn't give a feck which team he grew up supporting.

ETA.

Reading the previous post.

I think it makes us look like a "diddy support" worrying about which team, big or small, they've supported long before we paid their salary.

Not worried at all mate. My preference would be that St Mirren players are held to a high standard of behaviour on and off the park that is all.

Nobody is saying that mate but a bit of respect towards the club that pays your wages wouldn't go a miss either.

I'm sure he would if he was to post in this forum. However in his own time posting on twitter to the rest of his mates about the team he supports is no big deal for me make I'm thicker skinned. As long as players perform for us is all I care about though in this case it's my opinion he needs a lower level club to kick start his footballing career. THERE is no way a player comes to us thinking they are not going to play well. It was Ian Murray who could not pick a good player .

If any member of our playing staff or management team can't display sufficient professionalism and self-restraint in respect of social media then they can seek employment elsewhere.

I have no illusions that every club employee is a Saints fan and I don't where their allegiances may lie.

However, I do take offence when they forget who pays their wages and embarrass the support by idiotic postings. (Deleting them afterwards is no defence).

Football players are notorious for being incapable of thinking of any consequences of their actions, like many football supporters.

This type of action is only as big a deal as people make it, it really doesn't effect the players performance.

What performance?

It's Carswell and Agnew we are talking about!

Performance?

Acting like footballers to get signed? Bafta each!

I can't get too upset about what the players post on Twitter.

By way of a positive contrast, however, Alex Rae posted a thank you to St Mirren supporters for being the '12th man' yesterday. A nice (and astute) touch from our gaffer that will go some way towards enhancing his growing reputation amongst the St Mirren support.

Edited by Drew

I don't care who a player supports as long as they do the business for SMFC.

Broadfoot, Samson, McGowan, Adam, Shuggie Murray, Jim Goodwin. All well documented supporters of an ugly sister who did the business in the stripes.

Scott McKenzie, Jamie McCluskey, Carswell, Agnew. None of them good enough to garner any sort of goodwill from our support when making an arse of themselves be it on twitter, telly or at a club function.

Edited by djchapsticks

I can't get too upset about what the players post on Twitter.

By way of a positive contrast, however, Alex Rae posted a thank you to St Mirren supporters for being the '12th man' yesterday. A nice (and astute) touch from our gaffer that will go some way towards enhancing his growing reputation amongst the St Mirren support.

Aye it's good to have a media savvy manager. He genuinely does come across well.

Aye it's good to have a media savvy manager. He genuinely does come across well.

He also behaves like a professional

He has been at the last couple of Sevco games as a fan

Going without colors,my bluenose mates have seen him and try to goad him into singing their "Songs"

Quietly refuses and minds his own business

The reason there is still a Rangers to allow folk like Carswell to make an arse of themselves is cos the likes of pozbaird fought so hard to allow the Rangers tribute act into Scottish football... Supported by the likes of kendo and faraway.

The chance to change Scottish football - and Scottish society - was back in 2012.

That chance is gone now.

Those of you responsible know who you are. Shame on you.

Edited by nosferatu

The reason there is still a Rangers to allow folk like Carswell to make an arse of themselves is cos the likes of pozbaird fought so hard to allow the Rangers tribute act into Scottish football... Supported by the likes of kendo and faraway.

The chance to change Scottish football - and Scottish society - was back in 2012.

That chance is gone now.

I don't agree that forumsters were responsible for any decisions made by Scottish football to allow a new team without credentials to gatecrash the party ahead of more deserving teams but I do agree that the horse has well and truly bolted in respect of improving the reputation of our game to the outside world.

I don't agree that forumsters were responsible for any decisions made by Scottish football to allow a new team without credentials to gatecrash the party ahead of more deserving teams but I do agree that the horse has well and truly bolted in respect of improving the reputation of our game to the outside world.

Awww, I could have been famous. ????

Seemingly Paul Paton was tweeting about his "team" winning the semi on Sun and how he was looking forward to the Final.

Is that acceptable when he was part of the team who lost the other semi on Sat?

He obviously had 2nd thoughts as he deleted the tweet later.

That chance is gone now.

I don't think Charles Green is on this forumfish.gif

Seemingly Paul Paton was tweeting about his "team" winning the semi on Sun and how he was looking forward to the Final.

Is that acceptable when he was part of the team who lost the other semi on Sat?

He obviously had 2nd thoughts as he deleted the tweet later.

Apparently the guy Lawless was at it too.

post-1545-14609161208883.jpg