Shankland

1 hour ago, Debaser said:

Shanks and Morgan were magnificent in the last 5 mins or so. I thought it was too early to start messing around like they did in the corner but Shanks strength and Morgan's quick feet took a lot of pressure of of us. 

I thought it was too early too, but they called it spot on.

37 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Wasn't a pen but very clearly wasn't a dive. There was contact which was enough to put Shankland off balance. Stop calling players cheats when it is in no way merited. If you honestly think that was a dive you are delusional.

Agreed. He milked it, but was impeded.

5 hours ago, shull said:

No point in pulling up Lee Miller for it and leaving our own alone.

I really hope Ross has a word with Shankland after the boy's disgraceful cheating attempt with his outrageous blatant dive in the second half.

He is at it every week.

A shame really as he had an outstanding game otherwise

I really hope that Your blatant fishing trips improve soon:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, dr rotund said:

Shankland is a great player who i hope we can keep beyond this season. I'm sure his contract at Aberdeen is up at the end of the season? He's still a young player too so he's got time to improve.

Shankland definitely isn't a "great player". He may have been OK yesterday but he's been mince all season.

If he is signed up again for next season it will just be repeating the same signing mistakes made in the summer.

14 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

Shankland definitely isn't a "great player". He may have been OK yesterday but he's been mince all season.

If he is signed up again for next season it will just be repeating the same signing mistakes made in the summer.

His goals helped keep us up last year, and his assist gave us 3 points yesterday.

He'd been no more mince than anyone else in what was a truly abysmal start to the season.

If you think we can attract significantly   better than a young player with an eye for goal, and plenty of potential to develop, I fear you might be delusional.

Edited by Drew

Long way to go in the season.  He's our player for now and we could be in the box seat to keep him.  Plenty of players seemingly showing signs of improvement and Shankland could be one that demonstrates enough.  Be even more interesting if the manager can bring in a forward with a bit of pace to complement Shankland.

He scored 15 goals last season. In a team playing with more confidence and some new recruits i think he's capable of that on a regular basis. Sutton starts to tire around the 70 minute mark in most games as well so we need another goal threat, a new striker in January we be nice too.

13 hours ago, erskinebud said:

Agreed. I thought both players were excellent as they kept the ball in the corner for fully 4 minutes, totally frustrating Raith and taking the pressure off our defence during the seemingly interminable additional time - where the hell did the ref find 5 minutes of stoppages in the second half?  The strength shown by Shankland to hold off a defender the size of M'Voto and the absolute joy on the face of Morgan, even when lying on the ground after being hacked was magic! 

Reminds me of the Hibs game a few years ago.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

His goals helped keep us up last year, and his assist gave us 3 points yesterday.

He'd been no more mince than anyone else in what was a truly abysmal start to the season.

If you think we can attract significantly   better than a young player with an eye for goal, and plenty of potential to develop, I fear you might be delusional.

It's hardly delusional to think we could find a striker who might have scored more than zero league goals by December.

12 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

It's hardly delusional to think we could find a striker who might have scored more than zero league goals by December.

You're ignoring last seasons tally and also the fact, not a opinion, that the whole team were pretty shit.

Add into the mix how many minutes he's played and , as other people have mentioned, we have a good player on our hands and who I believe will do well at this level and higher.

Easy to criticise but harder to come up with a better solution, especially for a tea min our position.

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're ignoring last seasons tally and also the fact, not a opinion, that the whole team were pretty shit.

Add into the mix how many minutes he's played and , as other people have mentioned, we have a good player on our hands and who I believe will do well at this level and higher.

Easy to criticise but harder to come up with a better solution, especially for a tea min our position.

I'm aware that the whole team has been abysmal, but this thread is about Shankland.

For some balance then, the much maligned Walsh and Hardie have scored more goals than him. Even Ben Gordon, a defender who has been injured or away on loan most of the season, has scored more.

1 minute ago, Thorizaar said:

I'm aware that the whole team has been abysmal, but this thread is about Shankland.

For some balance then, the much maligned Walsh and Hardie have scored more goals than him. Even Ben Gordon, a defender who has been injured or away on loan most of the season, has scored more.

I take your point but let's see where he is at the end of the season.

I'd wager above all of the names above.

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

Well I have. Would have been on earlier but the pop ups stopped me coming on here to laugh at you foaming at the mouth  :lol:

I'm assuming you mean the ads on the forum which seem to go out of control, overlay the screen and effectively lock you out from posting or browsing as there doesn't seem to be any way to close them. Thats somthing the B&WA team should look at as it must be causing much frustration (it certainly is for me)

I ended up installing the adblock extension to Firefox and that sorted the problem.