St Mirren V Hibs 20/8/16

dr rotund

22 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Good to see Hibs signing Andrew Shinnie and Brian Graham in time for tomorrow...........................................<_<

They've got an impressive squad, now. Best in the division without a doubt. 

Let's hope that, unlike Saints, they lack cohesion and confidence as a team.

Oh, wait.... :toilet

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Why? :rolleyes:

Because eventually we are gonnae turn up and pulversise somebody with a dazzling display.

Today could be that day.

That's why us dafties keep going and suffer the dire every week.

Hope

1 hour ago, shull said:

Because eventually we are gonnae turn up and pulversise somebody with a dazzling display.

Today could be that day.

That's why us dafties keep going and suffer the dire every week.

Hope

Yip, that's what we do. Wouldn't be surprised if we win this and lose to Albion, it's the St Mirren way.

Won't be able to make game today due to family commitments. I think we will lose by 2 or 3 today. Hibs are on the up and up in the league and playing with a real purpose and determination to win. We are currently struggling to find our rythem and any kind of real form so can see Hibs winning by a few with so many good options in attack and our defence being so inept and all over the place. Like others have said I would be astounded if we won this one.
Hibs will win the league this year.

It's going to be another long hard season. :-(

42 minutes ago, munoz said:

Hopefully a decent performance today .

We're due one . 

Aye, that's my thinking. I'm not expecting us to win today, but the least we should be able to expect is a spirited, determined, and cohesive performance.

Although Langfield was in goal, he turned out to be  the best midfielder we have had in the 2 league games, but every time he races off his goal line and so far has got away with dribbling round the opponents and clearing the ball it is bound to lead him to live up to his nickname of "clangers" please do not try it today. I also think he is a much better goalkeeper than Gallacher, Gallacher may improve with time, I certainly hope so but he is far from ready yet.

santaponsasaint is correct in fearing the worst for today's match against Hibs but he should be aware by now that just when you think St.Mirren will get humped they usually do the opposite and win and it is for that reason I think we will win.

Finally Mr Rae could you instruct the players to keep the ball on the ground as much as possible, the heady tennis being played is disastrous for us, when a St.Mirren player is on the ball inevitably he needs support and lets not be 2nd to every ball.

12 minutes ago, stripey said:

Although Langfield was in goal, he turned out to be  the best midfielder we have had in the 2 league games, but every time he races off his goal line and so far has got away with dribbling round the opponents and clearing the ball it is bound to lead him to live up to his nickname of "clangers" please do not try it today. I also think he is a much better goalkeeper than Gallacher, Gallacher may improve with time, I certainly hope so but he is far from ready yet.

santaponsasaint is correct in fearing the worst for today's match against Hibs but he should be aware by now that just when you think St.Mirren will get humped they usually do the opposite and win and it is for that reason I think we will win.

Finally Mr Rae could you instruct the players to keep the ball on the ground as much as possible, the heady tennis being played is disastrous for us, when a St.Mirren player is on the ball inevitably he needs support and lets not be 2nd to every ball.

But, using this logic, since you think we will win, we're likely to get humped.