Greenock Morton v St Mirren Championship 1/11/16

shull

With Tuesday being my 2nd last night on holiday [emoji22] i will be dreading getting texts from my unwash workmate who will be quick to remind me our 6000 plus days are over if we play as we have been doing. I would settle for a draw right now [emoji460]

9 hours ago, Dare said:

Time for us fans to get behind Jack and the team - we need a win and then we play teams above us in the next couple of games. If we can get say 7 points from 9 things will look a lot better ......... granted that's a big if !

COYS !

Erm, everyone's above us! :toilet

Edited by Bud the Baker

13 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

United are a better team than Morton.

If we've got a halfway decent squad this is the sorta game where we ought to pick up a point.

Or 3 .

We won't lose this game - we're playing Mor*on FFS .

United are a better team than Morton.

If we've got a halfway decent squad this is the sorta game where we ought to pick up a point.

Morton beat Dundee United a couple of weeks ago...

We haven't got a half way decent squad. We are the worst team in the league, as the table shows. I would be surprised if we don't lose tomorrow night, here's hoping for that.

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Morton beat Dundee United a couple of weeks ago...

We haven't got a half way decent squad. We are the worst team in the league, as the table shows. I would be surprised if we don't lose tomorrow night, here's hoping for that.

One match of a double header, the other they lost - Dundee Utd are currently second in the league and will finish above Morton.

If you go back to the thread for the first Saints vs Morton match you'll see I was one of those who was less gung-ho about the quality of our summer signings, having said that, 4 points from 10 games is undoubtedly underperforming.

Morton are an average Championship team and if we can't pick up a point against them tomorrow then you'd have to imagine that the best we can hope for is one of the p/t teams (probably Dumbarton) imploding letting us finish 9th unless JR is given cash to splash in January. It's one match and anything can happen but I'll be disappointed from an objective point of view if we lose this game.

I'd also take a draw just now........as long as the 1 point comes together with 6 points from the 2 following games.

If the "Forever In Our Shadow" banner is going to the game can it stay concealed until we are at least 3 goals up.

3 hours ago, HSS said:

I'd also take a draw just now........as long as the 1 point comes together with 6 points from the 2 following games.

If the "Forever In Our Shadow" banner is going to the game can it stay concealed until we are at least 3 goals up.

Totally.

Just before the great escape earlier in the season I had a riddy by proxy for the unfortunate banner bearers getting pelters from the morton fans as we were getting pushed about all over the park. (it was on display in the stand right across form me). Very uncomfortable stuff. 

Much metaphorical egg may be flying toward their faces again if things go south early doors tomorrow.

So like HSS says - lets play it safe and wait for the third goal... :)

Edited by southsidebud

el gingero. I can assure you I am no fairweather fan but I have become more and more fed up with football recently. I will be back on Saturday as usual. I just can't be arsed going to Greenock on Tuesday.

To be fair, who CAN be arsed going to Greenock on a Tuesday !!!!!

I'm just scared I would miss us winning if I didn't go.

8 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

To be fair, who CAN be arsed going to Greenock on a Tuesday !!!!!

I'm just scared I would miss us winning if I didn't go.

Well - you could argue that having made it pay at the gate makes it easier to attend. It does, certainly for me and that this makes it more attractive.

Fear of losing our long record over mortnon may keep some away.

I Wisney There might be the refrain when ask about the game.