Rory Loy

MarkL

Like others, I'm more than pleasantly surprised that the club have managed to bring Loy in.

The key now will be how well he slots in to JR's plans for developing the team. Crucially, it will depend on how he is utilised - ie: will he played alongside Sutton (my preference), or as a lone striker?

Like others, I'm more than pleasantly surprised that the club have managed to bring Loy in.
The key now will be how well he slots in to JR's plans for developing the team. Crucially, it will depend on how he is utilised - ie: will he played alongside Sutton (my preference), or as a lone striker?

Hopefully up front with Sutton. At the end of the day, we badly need to be winning games now, setting up for a draw or being overly defensive in our outlook is no longer an option in our current position, we need to go for broke. 4-4-2 all the way!

Just now, zurich_allan said:

Hopefully up front with Sutton. At the end of the day, we badly need to be winning games now, setting up for a draw or being overly defensive in our outlook is no longer an option in our current position, we need to go for broke. 4-4-2 all the way!

Agreed.

Looks a decent signing.

Hopefully form a good partnership with Sutton and see both players blossom in the second half of the season and score some goals.

Everyone that comes in has to make an impact or else we are down. We are all but drinking in the last chance saloon. The late equaliser from Morton knocked the stuffing out of me. My hopes of us staying up are slim but maybe a few decent signings will change the mood in the dressing room and change our fortunes on the pitch.

Just think if we could stay up then what a feeling that would be come the end of the season.

Welcome to the club Rory! :-)

Where's Dickson with 'I'm friendly with an internationally respected football coach who assures me Loy has a knee injury, which is why St Mirren are able to sign him. Any St Mirren fan lauding this signing is clearly a daftie, too stupid to own a football club'....

Oh, forgot.

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Where's Dickson with 'I'm friendly with an internationally respected football coach who assures me Loy has a knee injury, which is why St Mirren are able to sign him. Any St Mirren fan lauding this signing is clearly a daftie, to stupid to own a football club'....

Oh, forgot.

I'm enjoying the positivity on this thread without the negative troll. It's marvellous :D

1 minute ago, windae cleaner said:

Good competition at last.

One of the wide men will drop out imo if we go 2 up front

What formation would you play in that case? Diamond? Storie at the base, Magennis and Quinn ahead of him, Mallan at the tip, then the front two? Looks pretty good to me. Morgan and McAllister would also be able to slot into that system either at the tip of the diamond or one of the two.

Time will tell.

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

What formation would you play in that case? Diamond? Storie at the base, Magennis and Quinn ahead of him, Mallan at the tip, then the front two? Looks pretty good to me. Morgan and McAllister would also be able to slot into that system either at the tip of the diamond or one of the two.

Time will tell.

Sounds decent as we need to protect our shite defence

I'm sorry a half fit Dobbie left our central defenders for dead for the first goal

We can't leave any gaps because at the moment our central two are far too slow to play together

19 minutes ago, Soctty said:

If we're going two up top, who drops out?

Gallacher

Naismith Webster McKEnzie Irvine

McAllister Storie ????? Morgan

Loy Sutton

Mallan, Magennis and Quinn vying for one midfield spot?

Play 3 at the back in a 3-5-2

Gallagher

Naismith McKenzie Irvine

McAllister Quiinn Mallan Storie Morgan

Loy Sutton