Ziggy Gordon

2 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Wow . .

Its quite simple , Falkirk were alerted by the fact that Finegan was coming to Saint Mirren with his name and picture in the media . Wee Anxiuos lost the deal . It was later stated that Falkirk lured him with their facilities , however , whatever reason the deal fell through for is irrelevant .  .you said. .

Your not saying anything we all didn't know already and if the players or agents didn't want anyone to know they wouldn't let on to anybody.

The point is all the " in the know" guys on here continually post about knowing "something" but actually know nothing they waste everyone's time with their " I know something you don't know posts'.

Did Lewis Morgan deal fall through because it was all over social media and other media???

So , to clarify finally , the Carl Finegan deal fell though because it was in  media . That's it .

Neil your in box is full trying to send you a pm :D

If I was a player and a club made an offer because they'd heard through social media or a forum I was on trial somewhere else I'd be questioning what the hell I'm paying an agent for.

Edited by Stu

The only time that I've genuinely been ITK, was when I knew that Dennis Wyness had signed, a couple of weeks before the signing was announced.
On reflection I wish to fuck I had leaked it and the deal had gone tits up.<_>
For me it was Alex Rae. I am genuinely sorry I couldn't f**k that one up [emoji24]

Apologies for harking back to 2007, but is it really being suggested that Falkirk signed Carl Finnegan cos it was plastered in the PDE that he was signing for us?

So, up until the point it was revealed in the PDE, Falkirk were unaware of who Finnegan was and that he was available?

The first that Falkirk became aware of the player and his availability was after reading a copy of the PDE? His agent had not contacted any clubs other than us? And purely in the basis of the PDE story, Falkirk signed a player they knew nothing about?

I find that rather difficult to believe!

21 minutes ago, zico said:

Apologies for harking back to 2007, but is it really being suggested that Falkirk signed Carl Finnegan cos it was plastered in the PDE that he was signing for us?

So, up until the point it was revealed in the PDE, Falkirk were unaware of who Finnegan was and that he was available?

The first that Falkirk became aware of the player and his availability was after reading a copy of the PDE? His agent had not contacted any clubs other than us? And purely in the basis of the PDE story, Falkirk signed a player they knew nothing about?

I find that rather difficult to believe!

I recall the debacle well, his availability was highlighted to Falkirk via the media. 

Happens often.  This forum is not a religion, you don't have to believe what you read and no-one will turn up at your door to attempt to convince you otherwise.

Guest TPAFKATS
I recall the debacle well, his availability was highlighted to Falkirk via the media. 

Happens often.  This forum is not a religion, you don't have to believe what you read and no-one will turn up at your door to attempt to convince you otherwise.
Ffs, I'll put my pitchfork back in the shed.

So Falkirk wanted him but didn’t think to check his availability via his agent and his agent didn’t think to make his availability known to clubs other than St. Mirren?

As I said, I find this rather difficult to believe!

2 minutes ago, zico said:

So Falkirk wanted him but didn’t think to check his availability via his agent and his agent didn’t think to make his availability known to clubs other than St. Mirren?

Possible that the agent has better relations with certain clubs, they don't always just scattergun to everyone despite how it appears. Once Falkirk heard of his availability they may have then looked into who he was, how good he may become and made contact with the agent.

Not as far fetched a scenario as you may imagine ......... alternatively maybe they posters on their forums weren't ITK!!!!!

10 minutes ago, zico said:

Well that's what happened

Well discussed on this forum at the time.  I also recall the club at the time highlighting the issue as they were well aware of the risks of the players availability being highlighted via social media/this forum/the pde etc.  There is a reason why clubs try and keep prospective transfer dealings quiet until any deal is finalised, this is not a new issue but one that has been exasperated by social media. 

Again you belief system is entirely your own, this is not a religion, pitchforks will not be used and neither will some daftie chap your door and force a daft leaflet into your hand about an alpha project or some other pish. 

2 hours ago, TediousTom said:
Well that's what happened

Well discussed on this forum at the time. 

Well, I say that it didn’t happen! :P

There are loads of things that are well discussed on this forum that are utter shite!

The fact that it was well discussed on this forum at the time does not mean that that is what happened!

[emoji23]

Edited by zico