Kenny Miller Free Agent

59 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You want to spunk £250k on a player who has already played for us and been released?

This is why you and fans like you should be kept well away from the reins of power once we own the club in a few years. :lol:

I bet Rangers wished they hadnt released Dalgleish.... Shankland was highly rated when he came to us and our club was plumetting. Duffy isnt exactly blessed with an offensive brain. Its a punt. Its not one i think we can afford but someone will take the risk

Guest TPAFKATS
I bet Rangers wished they hadnt released Dalgleish.... Shankland was highly rated when he came to us and our club was plumetting. Duffy isnt exactly blessed with an offensive brain. Its a punt. Its not one i think we can afford but someone will take the risk
I bet rangers were glad they released Kyle Hutton though.
Shankland and King Kenny in a comparison FFS!

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

You want to spunk £250k on a player who has already played for us and been released?

This is why you and fans like you should be kept well away from the reins of power once we own the club in a few years. :lol:

Given Shankland was only ever on loan to us, and therefor 'Couldn't' ever have been released is the reason why people like you seem to know so little about the club you support, and people who play for it!

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Given Shankland was only ever on loan to us, and therefor 'Couldn't' ever have been released is the reason why people like you seem to know so little about the club you support, and people who play for it!

St Mirren had an option to extend the loan and didnt. Ur splitting hairs..... 

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I can't agree with you on Shankland.

Shankland is so far unproven in the SPL. His last spell with us wasn't exactly gleaming with greatness (compare to that how Cammy Smith played when coming on loan, who if needed I would have been happy to see a fee go on). Paying out on second unproven player (with Heaton yet to have made his mark) is risky from a club like us.

Greg Stewart is proven at this level. We need players who know what it takes in this league, especially among the many loanees we have. This would be my pick depending on wage demands.

Kenny Miller - with you on this. 3 goals last season, can he still do a job? I'm not convinced. Plus his last year or two has been more busting up with management than busting the goal.

Shankland is no gamble, he is scoring for fun in the very league you are praising the play of Cammy Smith in. And the club that buys him can expect to recoup way more when they sell him on! Stewart would be good if we could Sign him, instead of an expensive loan deal, but his wage demands absolutely dwarf those of Shanks which will probably price him out of reach?

no question Miller has been prolific, but he is going to be injured and feels a lot like he is doing what Thommo did by trying to squeeze and extra season or two out of his failing legs. Thommo has said he regrets that now. I think Miller would be better taking another player/coach role where he can manage his own participation.

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Shankland is no gamble, he is scoring for fun in the very league you are praising the play of Cammy Smith in. And the club that buys him can expect to recoup way more when they sell him on! Stewart would be good if we could Sign him, instead of an expensive loan deal, but his wage demands absolutely dwarf those of Shanks which will probably price him out of reach?

no question Miller has been prolific, but he is going to be injured and feels a lot like he is doing what Thommo did by trying to squeeze and extra season or two out of his failing legs. Thommo has said he regrets that now. I think Miller would be better taking another player/coach role where he can manage his own participation.

U seriously saying we should spend quarter of a million on a guy we know well who is scoring goals in lower Scottish leagues...... ??? 

Think it through....?
if you can decide which you prefer, then what makes the most sense financially as well for football???
Sign 38 year old Miller, no doubt wanting a decent wage. (Given his age he will get injured, only played a few games in the last year, three goals?
Sign Greg Stewart on loan, again will want a decent wage, fit, good form in this league, knows where the goal is?
Sign Shanks, transfer fee, decent wage, goal machine, good resale value?
me... i would plump to invest in Shanks, and get goals, as well as a good sell on fee in the future. The other two would cost as much in wages, with no sell on option.

That sounds great you paying his transfer fee?

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Didn't Cooke get a decent review in the reserve game the other day, indications were he's getting fitter and, therefore, better? 

Gawd .  I just hate it when put your sensible hat on; but you are right I watched the highlights and he seemed to do quite well and I know some of those Jack picked didn't quite make the grade and some of AS's also 

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Anymore nonsense and I will make a call to the people who makes straightjackets.

Would that be Burtons?

http://www.burton.co.uk/en/bruk/category/clothing-281559/mens-coats-jackets-7084906/blazers/N-8agZa65Z7w1?Nrpp=20&siteId=%2F12551&No=0

Or did you intend Etsy?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/StraitJacketShop