Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

47 minutes ago, pod said:

It take longer than that to get to Belfast Airport from Coleraine. Couple of hours at airport, another hour at Glasgow.

All doable with a good coach to take training as and when required. Gus is supposed to he doing something helpful. Players get a day off so that could be a work at home day with Skype if OK needs to speak to his coaching team. Lots of ways to make this work.

4 hours ago, Paisleyporridge said:

If I were Gordon Scott, I would not be getting into a bust up situation unless I had a credible plan B- especially at this critical time where the team needs rebuilding for the new season.  

Yes; an extremely valid point, I have been watching 'apparent' news unfold but one never knows what's real and imagined and so consequently have restrained from adding to the debate, however I have to agree that if GS is being pedantic re OK moving here he is surely on a sticky wicket, both legally (unless it was written into the managers contract that he HAD to relocate, which I doubt OK would have agreed to) and perhaps more importantly  .......... ...  with the fans,.  I really can't think of many other fans that would have stuck by a team that was in the situation were we last year and as OK continually said in his interviews they (the fans) really DID make the difference and that in effect kept the club where it needed to be.  Loose the manager because of poor man-management skills and he may well lose a large tranche of support from those same fans; which could translate to less people through the turnstiles and .......... well potentially a downward spiral. I hope not, I really do hope things have been magnified beyond where they really are and all is OK with OK and GS.  BUT I worry.  

3 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:
4 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Seems that OK led the club to believe that the commute would be a temporary arrangement. Now it's "well it all worked out so...."

Very difficult one. The club feel that trust has been broken and OK feels we're unreasonable.

Did Oran really think though that he could, indefinitely, be a full-time manager in Scotland whilst living in Northern Ireland? That's what I don't get...

I'm not sure what OKs wife's profession is, though OK has already given up the PE teacher role to move over here into FT football. His wife would need to find a similar role if she moved over here. Something that may not be so simple.

Its a tough call, though OK must have known long term he would need to consider moving the family here. The problem is however, our track record of having long term managers is not great.

On the flip side, it's hard to believe what story is true. Someone has said OK bought a house in Bridge of Weir recently which would obviously show commitment to moving here permanently.

That bridge of Weir story came from me posting something I read in Pie and Bovril and as I said in a recent post it's looking more and more like garbage.  😕

25 minutes ago, jaybee said:

That bridge of Weir story came from me posting something I read in Pie and Bovril and as I said in a recent post it's looking more and more like garbage.  😕

OK bought a flat in Braehead shortly after getting the gig.

3 minutes ago, elvis said:
48 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

So why does he go to the hair dressers on seedhill Road hell a distance for a hair cut

Because it's relatively close to Ralston or there are no barber's shops in Braehead?😉

8 minutes ago, elvis said:
53 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

So why does he go to the hair dressers on seedhill Road hell a distance for a hair cut

I know the lass he bought it from. The flat that is. Not the hairdressers.🤣

14 minutes ago, elvis said:
59 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Indeed, how very dare he. Imagine travelling three miles to get your haircut. GLS, get it sorted.

Another rumour from twitter....

Oran wants to go back to Coleraine and teaching job but also wants a pay off. There’s a bit more too it but I can’t remember but that is the jist

Hopefully all resolved tomorrow regardless

looks like yet more made up bullshit.

Why would anyone believe they are due a pay off for wanting to quit their job.

20 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

looks like yet more made up bullshit.

Why would anyone believe they are due a pay off for wanting to quit their job.

A pay off would only be relevant if compensation was required, i.e. if the employer had behaved badly, or the employee wasn't going to another job. If he is, you could argue that Coleraine would be due us compensation. So yes, sounds like made up shite.