Saints vs Fakes

old boy living in Rothesay not seen Saints since the 50's but a Buddie who represented Scotland at Golf life member at Elderslie  golf club . In his 80's taking him to this game then he is taking me to Elderslie golf club . Hope he see's us win and has a special day. COYS. 

This is a tough one for us - they are the form team (last 6 games)  in the bottom 6.  (But going on their recent sequences LWLWLW they are due a L - and that counts right?) :happyclapper

Team              RESULTS                      Points

Fakes               L W L W  L W                9

Livi                  W D L W D L                 8

Saints                L L W L D  W                7

Well                 W L W L L D                  7

Ham                 L W  L L D D                  5

Dee                  L  L L  L  L  L                  0

The last week of the season where none of the bottom 3 are playing each other.

A win here is undoubtedly massive. Hamilton have a very winnable game at home to Livingston.

Ideally our next two results will be good enough that by time we get to Hamilton, we'd at the very least, have a shot at leapfrogging them with a win. 7 points from our last 4 is encouraging and 7 from our next 4 should *hopefully* see us safe.

Edited by djchapsticks

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The last week of the season where none of the bottom 3 are playing each other.

A win here is undoubtedly massive. Hamilton have a very winnable game at home to Livingston.

Ideally our next two results will be good enough that by time we get to Hamilton, we'd at the very least, have a shot at leapfrogging them with a win. 7 points from our last 4 is encouraging and 7 from our next 4 should *hopefully* see us safe.

I'm hoping we are above them after 5 on Saturday.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

I'm hoping we are above them after 5 on Saturday.

Of course, I do too. Talking at the very least here ,though.

Hamilton are quite likely to pick up something in one or both of their next two matches though, so it's vital that we keep the heat on them at least.

This is a tough one for us - they are the form team (last 6 games)  in the bottom 6.  (But going on their recent sequences LWLWLW they are due a L - and that counts right?) :happyclapper
Team              RESULTS                      Points

Fakes               L W L W  L W                9

Livi                  W D L W D L                 8

Saints                L L W L D  W                7

Well                 W L W L L D                  7

Ham                 L W  L L D D                  5

Dee                  L  L L  L  L  L                  0

They haven’t won away from home in 4 games, only one in the last eight . Let’s make sure their away woes continue .

COYS

2 hours ago, munoz said:
Spoiler

We must be due a win against probably our biggest bogey team. If we can notch a win on Saturday ,  I reckon we'll avoid the bottom 2 places.

The Fakes are a tough team. However, our confidence is decent and at home we should be taking something from them with our current squad of players.

I guess it could be tight, but as we saw against Livi, one or two breaks like Halkett getting sent off, and things like Magennis returning gave us an extra advantage/boost.

Hamilton will think they can keep their lead this week - here's hoping they completely lose it and we do grab all 3 points.

Personally I would like Dee to take something - even a surprising win as they play the Hammers the following week and we want them to compete with them and not have thrown in the towel - but that is highly unlikely. They will have gone by the time we play them...

Be interesting to see Oran's line up this week ...

We should have beaten the Fakes up in Perth recently. I was not at all impressed with them that night and if it had not been for a missed penalty and a gift goal we would have taken something from that game. Keep their winger Kennedy under wraps and we can win this.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

The Fakes are a tough team. However, our confidence is decent and at home we should be taking something from them with our current squad of players.

I guess it could be tight, but as we saw against Livi, one or two breaks like Halkett getting sent off, and things like Magennis returning gave us an extra advantage/boost.

Hamilton will think they can keep their lead this week - here's hoping they completely lose it and we do grab all 3 points.

Personally I would like Dee to take something - even a surprising win as they play the Hammers the following week and we want them to compete with them and not have thrown in the towel - but that is highly unlikely. They will have gone by the time we play them...

Be interesting to see Oran's line up this week ...

I want Dundee to lose every game, except for drawing 0-0 with Hamilton

1 hour ago, LargsBud said:

I'd take a draw here tbh. It's a hard game and another point towards safety will be huge.

The big game is obviously Hamilton home. As long as we go into that game within 2 points and in a position to leap frog them I will be happy.

1 hour ago, pod said:

Happy for them to win one game against Hamilton. :wink: 

1 hour ago, Luther G. Presley said:

We need to win this on Saturday to stay in touch with Hamilton as I can’t see them losing to Livingston.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Not sure , I can see Accies struggling on this...................... hoping a draw

Lots of different opinions on this weeks games - that tells us how difficult it is to predict. :spud6

A good week for the bookies though with everyone pitching in across the board . . .

Edited by Sweeper07

2 hours ago, LargsBud said:

I'd take a draw here tbh. It's a hard game and another point towards safety will be huge.

The big game is obviously Hamilton home. As long as we go into that game within 2 points and in a position to leap frog them I will be happy.

I would prefer to be above them, even if it is on goal difference.  This would force them to try and win and not sit in wasting every minute they can.