Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Isle Of Bute Saint

Gordon Scott

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

It has and this would appear to make the sudden fall out with Mr Gordon Scott somewhat suspicious.  Could it perhaps be alledged that Mr Kearney has been "tapped up"  and any subsequent breakdown in relations was manufactured?

 

Suspicious goings on, suspicious goings on indeed.

 

That is becoming my way of thinking. Oran playing a blinder to fill his pockets. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got message from very good source in Coleraine that Oran is defo heading back to manage them again. Family reasons. I have no reason to disbelieve this, as guy is a massive Coleraine fan and ex local Journo. This was posted on Twitter May 14th by Gary Peebles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just got message from very good source in Coleraine that Oran is defo heading back to manage them again. Family reasons. I have no reason to disbelieve this, as guy is a massive Coleraine fan and ex local Journo. This was posted on Twitter May 14th by Gary Peebles 
Yesterday you had a message from a "very good source" that we were financially fcuked and Scott has screwed the pooch . You're hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sweet Tooth said:

Yesterday you had a message from a "very good source" that we were financially fcuked and Scott has screwed the pooch emoji23.png. You're hilarious.

Keep off the sweets not good for your teeth. Yes a lot of rumours floating around bit like going into a sweetie shop which one will I choose 🤩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just got message from very good source in Coleraine that Oran is defo heading back to manage them again. Family reasons. I have no reason to disbelieve this, as guy is a massive Coleraine fan and ex local Journo. This was posted on Twitter May 14th by Gary Peebles 

Aye he must be missing his Nat King Cole.

just got a message from a reliable source advising against taking anything from reliable sources!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Keep off the sweets not good for your teeth. Yes a lot of rumours floating around bit like going into a sweetie shop which one will I choose 🤩

My all time favourites were Polly Browns and Rankins in Glenburn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just got message from very good source in Coleraine that Oran is defo heading back to manage them again. Family reasons. I have no reason to disbelieve this, as guy is a massive Coleraine fan and ex local Journo. This was posted on Twitter May 14th by Gary Peebles 

Yes but we have to remember that you are pretty f**king gullible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes but we have to remember that you are pretty f**king gullible.

Despite making a dogs dinner of his point, I think the bit you highlighted is from a twitter post from a guy called Gary Peebles made on the 14th May and not IoBS view, unless of course he is Gary Peebles (whoever that is!)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Despite making a dogs dinner of his point, I think the bit you highlighted is from a twitter post from a guy called Gary Peebles made on the 14th May and not IoBS view, unless of course he is Gary Peebles (whoever that is!)

 

For a Foxbar boy that is a terrible thing to say. 

The second best saints player to come out of the scheme only behind Norrie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Despite making a dogs dinner of his point, I think the bit you highlighted is from a twitter post from a guy called Gary Peebles made on the 14th May and not IoBS view, unless of course he is Gary Peebles (whoever that is!)

 

Isnt he back on Radio 2 doing sounds of the eighties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That is becoming my way of thinking. Oran playing a blinder to fill his pockets. 

Totally agree. Oran should have fecked off before his speech at the play off match taking his final pay packet with him. You don't have a year out to manage St Mirren. Cheeky cnut. Now him and his agent are trying for an extra payday. 

Oran not at the wheel, just at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rafa Benitez becomes available just as st Mirren appears to be looking for a new manager clearly had this line up all along Benitez had played a blinder here.

 

 

Some of the utter guff on here that he lined up the coleraine job for all this time Oran must be the best actor on the planet because the OK we’ve seen would never behave that way also they just had a approach for another manager knocked back why would they do that if OK was already lined up for it and it wasn’t Oran that questioned his own commitment and been told to stay away from the training ground wonder if that’s to prevent the players for getting told the truth.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oran returning to his old club has been reported for weeks started by Irish League Insider. Other sources on Twitter Gary Peebles also reported Oran going back to his former club some 6 weeks ago due to family reasons. So this has been floating around for ages. 

The earlier sources were wrong though (if Irish league insiders Twitter is anything to go by). Everything suggests whatever has happened has been based on last weeks meetings. But still obviously not confirmed & remains speculative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aye he must be missing his Nat King Cole.
just got a message from a reliable source advising against taking anything from reliable sources!


So, you’ll just keep making shit up then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Doakes said:

Not sure if we’ll ever learn the full truth but there is definitely something weird going on behind the scenes...

Robert Grieve is always bang on with St Mirren stuff and I’m sure he is in touch with GLS, so it’s a pretty safe bet that his info is close to the truth

His tweets;

I like Oran Kearney but spare me this notion he’s been hard-done-to by anyone at St Mirren. Gordon Scott, Tony Fitzpatrick and Gus MacPherson have done nothing but back him as manager.

then replied to someone;

I’m not blaming supporters for anything, Marky. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But as far as I’m concerned the demands asked of OK aren’t unreasonable.

and his article;

ORAN KEARNEY’S nine-month St Mirren reign is set to end today.

SunSport understands lawyers from both sides will meet to thrash out a settlement deal this morning.

Reading between the lines - I’d guess that Gordon wanted OK to commit himself to the task at hand. OK obviously not confident in his job security so wants the best of both worlds, with his life back home to fall back on. 

Not sure who’s in the right and who’s in the wrong, but seems like Kearney is now gone and lawyers are involved to thrash out a settlement - so it will be a case of moving on to our new manager in the coming weeks. 

Who says that because a journalist is close to GLS that their info will be close to the truth? Close to what GLS wants in the public domain perhaps? Did anyone who finished ahead of GLS in the fun run ever receive a free St Mirren strip from GLS?

I'm sure a different journalist tweeted earlier today that OK wasn't planning to change how often he commuted back and forth between Northern Ireland and Paisley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do wonder about the due diligence we do when looking to appoint a manager. St*bbs' track record was honking - eg a Hibs side with John McGinn, Darren McGregor, Dylan McGeoch, Scott Allan, Anthony Stokes failed to get promoted twice from the Championship and didn't make the play-off final in either season. A few weeks after being appointed St*bbs seemed genuinely surprised how small our budget was. Kearney is appointed from Northern Irish part-time football and we don't seem to have asked whether he was moving his family over to Scotland or how often he'd be commuting or how he planned to juggle having a young family, commuting and carrying out his duties as St Mirren manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, foxbar_bud said:

Despite making a dogs dinner of his point, I think the bit you highlighted is from a twitter post from a guy called Gary Peebles made on the 14th May and not IoBS view, unless of course he is Gary Peebles (whoever that is!)

 

If you want to know who Gary Peebles is then look at the footage of the open top bus parade or the town hall balcony celebrations in 87. Oor Gary is right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

You do wonder about the due diligence we do when looking to appoint a manager. St*bbs' track record was honking - eg a Hibs side with John McGinn, Darren McGregor, Dylan McGeoch, Scott Allan, Anthony Stokes failed to get promoted twice from the Championship and didn't make the play-off final in either season. A few weeks after being appointed St*bbs seemed genuinely surprised how small our budget was. Kearney is appointed from Northern Irish part-time football and we don't seem to have asked whether he was moving his family over to Scotland or how often he'd be commuting or how he planned to juggle having a young family, commuting and carrying out his duties as St Mirren manager.

I don't really wonder about it, ( due diligence, or the lack of ) the clubs track record by and large speaks for itself. I think some self awareness required about St Mirren, we're a provincial club that's not very good or professional about a lot of aspects of the 'football business'. I'm cynical, but realistic enough ( time served fandom and all that ) to know that all we can expect is now the mediocre that sometimes falls in our favour, we punch above our weight on occasions.

 We're more than a tad dysfunctional, we are a basket case to many, look at us across the last decade, new ground, must be ten managers, and quite a mixed bag  :whistle

Prior to that and we had our lot of the Love street era, well we had debt driven mediocrity , hand to mouth scrambling, then odd days in the sun, there was the odd case of the Germanic jewellery theft, the Spanish El Capitan, we were the last all Scottish team to lift the SC, we had the bibs, first team back in Europe after Heysel, a Scottish centre forward scoring a hat trick in an away leg of a European tie, we've been cited as racist abusing Ruud Gullit, we have one of the best away supports when the chips are down, we love adversity.............................. need I go on

Brilliant, surely a unique club, what's next :clapping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

I don't really wonder about it, ( due diligence, or the lack of ) the clubs track record by and large speaks for itself. I think some self awareness required about St Mirren, we're a provincial club that's not very good or professional about a lot of aspects of the 'football business'. I'm cynical, but realistic enough ( time served fandom and all that ) to know that all we can expect is now the mediocre that sometimes falls in our favour, we punch above our weight on occasions.

 We're more than a tad dysfunctional, we are a basket case to many, look at us across the last decade, new ground, must be ten managers, and quite a mixed bag  :whistle

Prior to that and we had our lot of the Love street era, well we had debt driven mediocrity , hand to mouth scrambling, then odd days in the sun, there was the odd case of the Germanic jewellery theft, the Spanish El Capitan, we were the last all Scottish team to lift the SC, we had the bibs, first team back in Europe after Heysel, a Scottish centre forward scoring a hat trick in an away leg of a European tie, we've been cited as racist abusing Ruud Gullit, we have one of the best away supports when the chips are down, we love adversity.............................. need I go on

Brilliant, surely a unique club, what's next :clapping

Indeed

 

And you see when some of us get annoyed when Tony say we are a Top Four Club.....

 

As for appointing Managers we are Champions League

Edited by DougJamie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...