Why has the Director of Football failed?

2 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Fluff & bluster

There's a recurring theme of forumsters all coming to similar conclusions about your postings & no longer wanting to engage with your endless war on "winning every argument"

It's not a war emoji1787.png

A more common theme I'm noting is people not really having adequate responses to my questions. Like for example asking for proof when people make claims that GLS has 'schemed' to remove a manager & bring in another one... 

17 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

That people will respond to me regularly saying how they don't like me responding to them even though a much more effective approach is not responding to me if You don't want a response from me... Why do you think I want to prevent it from happening? I'll more often than not respond to everyone messaging me.

What have you learned?  

FFS. 🙈

A more common theme I'm noting is people not really having adequate responses to my questions. Like for example asking for proof when people make claims that GLS has 'schemed' to remove a manager & bring in another one... 
Asking to be proved wrong is one of your often used tactics, just chucking it back atchya [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

By his own admission, he enacted a plan to replace Oran Kearney whilst OK was still the manager.

Enough said [emoji16]

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Note Mr Wardobe's deflection here..!

nothing, absolutely nothing refuting £2m has been spaffed on payoffs etc. No just a pathetic attempt at trying to suggest its a tweet suggesting financial improprieties. Oh and a bit of thempot calling the kettle black on the business failure front lol.

Not edifying in the slightest. 

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It is absolutely unbelievable.

He actually believes he's correct in every point that's raised.

I know we touched on everyone has a level of self importance but Baz is off the scale, bordering on psychotic. 

There really is NO point even trying to debate, just best to let him talk to himself, that would be some laugh. :lol:

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He actually believes he's correct in every point that's raised.

I know we touched on everyone has a level of self importance but Baz is off the scale, bordering on psychotic. 

There really is NO point even trying to debate, just best to let him talk to himself, that would be some laugh. :lol:

Even I don't suffer that delusion. 🤣

Coastal erosion, poor WiFi reception, Brexit, amazon deforestation , male pattern baldness, sorry I thought this thread was about blaming Gus for the worlds problems! 

Plus 80% of its content (see above) has absolutely nothing to do with the director of football post! 

kemp, could you at least change the thread title to ‘ has stmirrens board failed’ 

I know Gus is a divisive character with saints fans, but surely he doesn’t deserve 18 pages plus of scapegoating. 

4 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Coastal erosion, poor WiFi reception, Brexit, amazon deforestation , male pattern baldness, sorry I thought this thread was about blaming Gus for the worlds problems! 

Plus 80% of its content (see above) has absolutely nothing to do with the director of football post! 

kemp, could you at least change the thread title to ‘ has stmirrens board failed’ 

I know Gus is a divisive character with saints fans, but surely he doesn’t deserve 18 pages plus of scapegoating. 

I suggest you ask Kemp to change the title to "It's all about Baz". 

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

Firstly, Stewart is quite right to ask where all the money has gone and why we don't have enough players!

Additionally, if you are the type of fanny to spend money on personalised number plates then you deserve all the abuse that you get! He's got off quite lightly if anything.

Hands up. 

I agree that it is reasonable to question the financial situation of the club. Is it well timed? I'm not too sure. 

As for the personalised number plates, neither my son nor myself now use the personal number plates we own. 

Don't object to others making a different decision though. 

Edited by St.Ricky

An ex chairman using social media to make disparaging comments about what a current director spends his personal money on isnt a good look.

Definitely and all the other halfwits that have followed up with personal insults absolute morons the lot of them.

It’s always the same idiots you see moaning like hell no matter what goes on at the club never happy always look to bring others down to make themselves feel better about themselves no doubt.

Thankfully gus isn’t on Twitter.

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

Firstly, Stewart is quite right to ask where all the money has gone and why we don't have enough players!

Additionally, if you are the type of fanny to spend money on personalised number plates then you deserve all the abuse that you get! He's got off quite lightly if anything.

Classic!

41 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Definitely and all the other halfwits that have followed up with personal insults absolute morons the lot of them.

It’s always the same idiots you see moaning like hell no matter what goes on at the club never happy always look to bring others down to make themselves feel better about themselves no doubt.

Thankfully gus isn’t on Twitter.

What a walloper. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

39 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

An ex chairman using social media to make disparaging comments about what a current director spends his personal money on isnt a good look.

I noticed a fan had a vicious abusive attack on Alan Wardrop also. Out of order. Can't find the tweet now, unfortunately. 

Other fans demanding Directors should buy players using their own money. 

Absolute shite. Why the hell should they? St Mirren earn money through the Gate, TV, Player Sales and Sponsorship. That's the only money which should be spent, and not it all. 

20 minutes ago, shull said:

Other fans demanding Directors should buy players using their own money. 

Absolute shite. Why the hell should they? St Mirren earn money through the Gate, TV, Player Sales and Sponsorship. That's the only money which should be spent, and not it all. 

Or wasted. 

30 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Classic!

Classic Cars? 

Yes they are.

I have no problem with that - he can spend his money as he likes including personalised number plates.

On Topic

The question posed in the thread reads "Why has the director of football failed!

This surely poses two questions:

1. Has he Failed?

2. If you think he has then why?

Some have interpreted this as an opportunity to "get Gus".

I don't go along with that - this shouldn't be personal.

Question 1 - Has the DOF Failed?

I think things worked well in January with a few months joint working beterrm the then manager and the DOF.

Proof of that particular pudding was the number of good quality players who arrived and escaping relegation.

So - What has changed? 

1. The then manager has left.

2. The new manager and DOF have had a very short time to work together.

3. Questions are being asked about backing from the Board and GLS in particular.

Might we expect answers?

The best outcome is to deliver quality signings and perform well.

Anything is is just talk.

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The thread title doesn't mention Gus MacPherson, the original post is asking if the position of "DoF" / "Chief Moneyball Officer" is a realistic one for a club of our size. Has GM been properly supported? Were budgets not properly worked out at the start of the summer? 

There could be numerous reasons why this window has been a disaster, but I have never seen a job title created with such fanfare and self congratulatory backslapping only for it so publicly miss all of its targets!

32 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
1 hour ago, shull said:
I noticed a fan had a vicious abusive attack on Alan Wardrop also. Out of order. Can't find the tweet now, unfortunately. 

It was there about an hour ago. Out of order.

Not good. Alan Wardrop seems to be stirring it up himself though by referring repeatedly as "failed businessman Rodney Darroch..." who is a friend of SG. Seems to be someone he had a falling out with over money.

Obviously he is free to spend his own money on whatever he chooses. He shouldn't complain about things getting personal when he is doing it himself though.