Celtic v St. Mirren - SPFL Premiership, Sat. 7 March 2020

W6er

1 minute ago, Maboza said:

We got scudded by one of the Old Firm. Not the first time and won’t be the last. The last 7 days feel like a disaster purely because Hamilton and Hearts have picked up points.

I can only speak for myself and i'm not really in full meltdown mode (yet). 

I don't think most of the reaction is to this result in isolation. I think it's carried over from Wednesday night in particular and also the previous 10 or so games. Hearts and Hamilton are picking up the odd win now even against the OF which isn't obviously ideal.

Personally I think the writing has been on the wall for much of the season with our flaws and we are now very much teetering on the brink of a half decent league finish and disaster. Wednesday is massive.

17 minutes ago, Yflab said:

There were a lot of vocal complaints against him after the St Johnstone game when he came over to the West Stand to say thanks for support.

Tbf , there's alot of miserable bastards in the West stand. 

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

Most complaints were about his choice of substitutes. He stays too loyal to those he has signed.

Like all managers I suppose.  If we stay up, he's been a success- if not, not. 

I listened to Gary Holt on Wednesday and his vision was very clear work hard have a go and give everything. Now have we really had a go this season? Did we have a go in the cup at home against Aberdeen? Did we have a go at home to Hamilton where they should have beat us. Did we have a go on Wednesday against st Johnstone? Or against Hearts and Hamilton in first round of games. Did we go away fro home regularly and win points ??? It’s been a poor season of setting out not to lose and others around us have managed to go and have a go and win crucial games. You know we slag Livi for the long ball but our game is almost as bad pass back and back and then launch to the front men. The difference with Livingston is they have good hard working players they fight like mad . Jim was a fighter but all I see now is a man who’s teams are a pale imitation of what he was as captain. We’re in huge trouble and in a league with county, Livi, Hamilton why are we continually losing to them 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Wednesday night is absolutely do or die you feel now.

Goodwin HAS to get this right. Failure to do so is potentially going to see the fans turn in a big way.

We've failed to turn up when the heat has been on far too many times this season, we now can't afford to do so again.

Correct

I don't think they have it in them

Playing footballing teams like Motherwell we have a chance but comes down to a battle. No chance

We could have got a result today as Sellic give you chances

But the manager shat the bed before the game playing aweakened team and we got a pumping anyway

Well he gambled on Wed night lets hope it comes up

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

I can only speak for myself and i'm not really in full meltdown mode (yet). 

I don't think most of the reaction is to this result in isolation. I think it's carried over from Wednesday night in particular and also the previous 10 or so games. Hearts and Hamilton are picking up the odd win now even against the OF which isn't obviously ideal.

Personally I think the writing has been on the wall for much of the season with our flaws and we are now very much teetering on the brink of a half decent league finish and disaster. Wednesday is massive.

Indeed.

If Hamilton hadn't fluked, and let's face it they did, a couple wins, then we'd have been far more positive.

Hamilton didn't win those two games because they're a better team than us.

Fine lines and all that.

Edited by FTOF

38 minutes ago, guinness said:

We must try and Beat hearts not draw with them. Biggest problem with the manager is he sets up to draw every match. He us so negative it I'd embarrassng.

I'm reserving my judgement until the end of the season,  only fair.

1 hour ago, Maboza said:

A bit of perspective required. 

We got scudded by one of the Old Firm. Not the first time and won’t be the last. The last 7 days feel like a disaster purely because Hamilton and Hearts have picked up points. By contrast - only a week and a half ago we were on top of the world after winning away to 3rd place Motherwell. 

It’s tight at the bottom and we’d all love to be picking up more points but there’s 4, possibly 5 teams in the mix. 

Huge run in coming up starting with a massive game against Hearts. We shouldn’t be letting any single result let our heads drop as there’ll be ups and downs in the run in. 

Time to rally!! Come on Saints!! 

Agree. 

Lots to play for. 

I haven't read most of this thread, so apologies if it has already been commented on, but the whole experience today was awful. The seats were dirty, the roof leaked, and the stewards insisted on moving people who had apparently sat in the 'wrong' seats, although they hadn't been cordoned off. Add to that the usual abuse and the scoreline, and I think it's safe to say I will never return for a league game.

Hamilton are not a better team than us I see some say?? Did they play better than us at Paisley last month yes! Did they beat Rangers , draw at Hearts and beat Killie ? Do they have more points than us? Do they have better facilities or a bigger budget ? Time to wake up - they’re above is for a reason. Sad to see us so negative all the time and Jim is now in absolutely dire need of a result 

Edited by norrie82

5 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Hamilton are not a better team than us I see some say?? Did they play better than us at Paisley last month yes! Did they beat Rangers , draw at Hearts and beat Killie ? Do they have more points than us? Do they have better facilities or a bigger budget ? Time to wake up - they’re above is for a reason. Sad to see us so negative all the time and Jim is now in absolutely dire need of a result 

image.png

image.jpeg

What a Image result for plum

43 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

We did all of those things except beat Rangers. We also beat Motherwell in the cup. 
So you’re wrong that we are not as good as or better than the teams around us. We have proven regularly that head to head we are.

But like a few have said, all of these teams seems to have the capability on an occasional basis to get a result against the OF. That has to be purely down to attitude in those particular games. We clearly buckle under every single time and that fault has to lie equally with both the players and the management team. 

I go to a lot of away games ... ice tears especially will love this. I refuse to go to Parkhead. The stewards are absolute jobsworth tossers towards everyone that is not a Celtic fan. This isn’t the case at most other away games and add the fact that they charge ridiculous price there is no chance of me going there anytime soon.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah, a defeat I feel will see our heads drop too far to recover. 

We did the same thing a few years ago when we had Ross county and Motherwell pre-split in similar fixtures and lost 3-0 and 5-0 respectively. There was no way back after that and it cost Gary Teale his job. I feel a defeat on Wednesday would have the same kick in the balls effect that those two defeats did.

Not quite the same thing. Those defeats came later in the season, and Motherwell's win put them ten clear of us. That game was when I think we realised we were down. Even if we lose on Wednesday, we're level at the bottom, only one point off 10th and possibly only three of 9th. Still a lot of football to be played.

1 hour ago, norrie82 said:

The reason is that they have just had back to back wins that gained then 6 points. We on the other hand took 1. There is very little difference in quality from 5th place downwards. Should we put back to back wins in place on the next two games then the picture would look very different. 

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The reason is that they have just had back to back wins that gained then 6 points. We on the other hand took 1. There is very little difference in quality from 5th place downwards. Should we put back to back wins in place on the next two games then the picture would look very different. 

Yes Ricky. Remind me this season when we have won 2 leagues back to back ? Accies have a belief we dont have and with 10 men also. Our game Wed is massive.... 23 goals in 29 games is relegation .... 

I do believe and agree there is very little separating the bottom seven clubs at the moment. However, we have scored the fewest goals in the league but more importantly st Johnstone and Hamilton have been able to create a system over the years to keep them consistently in the top tier. Similarly Livingston have again defied what many would consider to be serious odds against doing so well. It's not just been down to managers they have had this relative success, they have set ups that deliver above and beyond what they should. Moving forward we need to address and consider why these teams in recent years have been able to do this while we struggle