Welcome Eamonn Brophy

Out of that period how much was he injured?
If you take that into account his time isn't as dramatic as it sounds.
For what it's worth I'm somewhere in between, I was really positive when we signed him but he's never done much to show he's the answer.
Maybe he'll get things together at RC and we can benefit next season, time will tell. 
I'm the same only striker we had signed in years but genuinely excited and surprised we got him.

Had a wee look online he has started 1 match and came off bench 11 times quite often for less than 15 minutes so maybe not injured as much as we think.
Brophy just doesn't fit in with Robinson's football philosophy. He's not the quick, mobile, in your face type. SR expects his strikers to defend from the front. FWIW, I think Brophy will shine in a team where he isn't expected to run for 90 odd minutes trying to win the ball back so high, if he gets service from the wings and he's utilised properly.
Part of me hopes this happens so we can at least recoup the investment in both bringing him to us and looking after him while injured, but not at the expense of league position for us.
Agree with that think his good season at Kilmarnock they played a quick ball over the top style that obviously we don't ever really play plus they had a certain Greg Stewart helping him out.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

On 1/8/2021 at 8:40 PM, Sue Denim said:

Speaking to a Kilmarnock supporting workmate today, his opinion is that Brophy isn’t that great.

He doesn’t score many goals and a lot of the goals he does score are penalties.

He never passes and will shoot from anywhere (but rarely scores)

Also injured a lot

He could just be being negative about a player that’s just left and joined my team mind you but I’ve known this guy for years and he’s never been keen on Brophy.

Hope he’s wrong

Considering we usually play with 1 striker, that’s a lot of strikers on the books now!

Don't say we were not warned.

He won't be able to play against us, so hopefully he hits some form (which I think is deep down in there somewhere) and does damage to our fellow contestants for that 6th place.

I agree that maybe we don't, or haven't been playing the style of football that suits his set of skills, but he has succeeded before. I wish him luck in Dingwall. :)

• 4 weeks later...

One for the stattos. Eamonn Brophy scored two and set up two today. Or scored one and set up three depending what the dubious goal panel says. When was the last time a St Mirren striker had four goal involvements in a Scottish top flight match?

Meanwhile our strikers continue to struggle to find a coos arse with a banjo. Zero goal involvements between the two of them today, for the fifth (5th) game in a row. 

One for the stattos. Eamonn Brophy scored two and set up two today. Or scored one and set up three depending what the dubious goal panel says. When was the last time a St Mirren striker had four goal involvements in a Scottish top flight match?
Meanwhile our strikers continue to struggle to find a coos arse with a banjo. Zero goal involvements between the two of them today, for the fifth (5th) game in a row. 
I'm not saying he would have solved our goalscoring problems but when he joined Ross County I stuck up for him when alot on St Mirren forums/social media were giving him a hard time.

His only start this season was away at Kilmarnock and due to Erahon red card got subbed before 15 minutes.

Trying to remember the stats he was on the bench around 16/17 times used only 11/12 and pretty sure when he came off bench quite regularly it was from 80 minutes onwards.

Just think he didn't get enough minutes on pitch this season.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

I'm not saying he would have solved our goalscoring problems but when he joined Ross County I stuck up for him when alot on St Mirren forums/social media were giving him a hard time.

His only start this season was away at Kilmarnock and due to Erahon red card got subbed before 15 minutes.

Trying to remember the stats he was on the bench around 16/17 times used only 11/12 and pretty sure when he came off bench quite regularly it was from 80 minutes onwards.

Spot on. He’s clearly a very capable striker at this level, as he’s showing with Ross County. 
Let’s hope we give him more of a chance next season.

13 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Delighted to see our Brophy perform today...staying fit and getting his mojo back.... hope he keeps County up and then performs for us next season...be nice to keep Watt also ... good times at Saints 

Why would it be good to keep Watt?  He does a few things well, one thing he doesn't do is score.  

14 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Robinson clearly has some issues here, the turning point for us yesterday was Shaughnessy coming on and i am completely confused as to how losing Gogic from midfield seems an exceptional  option for the manager when Shaughnessy is available for central defence.  He should have started and could have been on as soon as Rudden appeared.  I consider the mistakes made by the manager were the factors that stopped us from easily winning yesterday

There must be someone at county who can deliver a decent final ball and that is enabling Brophy.  Our only decent final ball was the one Shaughnessy delivered for the goal.

Have Brophy and Big Joe done something to upset our manager?  Big Joe hasn't been in the picture since he said he wanted to go back home.

4 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Why would it be good to keep Watt?  He does a few things well, one thing he doesn't do is score.  

He does Score.... averaged a goal every 3 games at Well...bad move to clesterf**k United...will get his mojo back . I trust SRs judgement over the clowns on here

Robinson clearly has some issues here, the turning point for us yesterday was Shaughnessy coming on and i am completely confused as to how losing Gogic from midfield seems an exceptional  option for the manager when Shaughnessy is available for central defence.  He should have started and could have been on as soon as Rudden appeared.  I consider the mistakes made by the manager were the factors that stopped us from easily winning yesterday
There must be someone at county who can deliver a decent final ball and that is enabling Brophy.  Our only decent final ball was the one Shaughnessy delivered for the goal.
Have Brophy and Big Joe done something to upset our manager?  Big Joe hasn't been in the picture since he said he wanted to go back home.
Brophy's two goals yesterday were typical Brophy goals long early ball up pitch one goalkeeping defensive howler and the other the Brophy we know first time(as always) shot smashed into top corner.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Watt’s been a dud, so far. Thought he was terrible again yesterday. The game against Celtic next week will be his last for us till April. Our only other game in March is at Tannadice, and he can’t play. I’d be amazed if he was playing for us next season. 

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

100% this.

I always support a managers right to manage... but cannot help but wonder if these two decisions could come at a cost. 

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Big Joe is a confusing one but the Brophy issue is simply that, to get the best out of him, he needs a run in the team ahead of Main and this is very unlikely as Robinson is not going to drop Main from the starting line up. They are too similar, positionally to play alongside each other and Main's work rate is in the Robinson manual.

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

The very successful manual ... think most on here are confused because we are not in a relegation dogfight

On 2/25/2023 at 9:29 PM, DougJamie said:

Delighted to see our Brophy perform today...staying fit and getting his mojo back.... hope he keeps County up and then performs for us next season...be nice to keep Watt also ... good times at Saints 

watcing a player who gets half his wages from us score goals for a competitor delights you?  Fair enough, I suppose!  As for next season, we'll see.

Edited by beyond our ken

On 2/25/2023 at 9:29 PM, DougJamie said:

I’m delighted he’s scoring for RC too. I hope he scores loads more. That way we might recoup some of the shedloads of cash we’ve wasted on the complete dud. 

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m delighted he’s scoring for RC too. I hope he scores loads more. That way we might recoup some of the shedloads of cash we’ve wasted on the complete dud. 

Trying to think last time one our starters got 2 goals and two assists...i am sure someone will tell us

Joe has to play honestly madness this continually overlooking a defender who’s a better option than most. As for Brophy he never got any game time this season it was all about nursing him back to fitness to avoid him breaking down if you remember then basically he never got a sniff. Not sure why as we haven’t been prolific up front.