St Mirren V Ross County 27/2/2021

faraway saint

Just now, magnus said:

I think Killie have the better players of the bottom 3 clubs but the other 2 are battlers. Going to be very tight.

It would be great if Hamilton win midweek - the other 2 will be in the bottom 2 slots... and there will be little between them . . . 

I missed the whole match.  :(

At the back of 2.00, I went to my allotments just to drop off stuff, to find some mad Cooncil bastard had mistakenly delivered a mountain of manure.  That stuff is gold (ok, it's actually shite, but in horticultural terms... it's... er...  priceless.  OK - it's supplied for free but you get the picture...) 

So I had no option.  I was compelled to barrow several loads of it up to my compost heap. 

Lovely, quiet, sunny day, but I was obviously miserably unhappy - especially as I seem to have a missed an amazing performance in Paisley with the lads racking up the points on the table!

Thanks for that table, albionsaint.  A very pretty picture!  :)

Hope no one interrupts my Alba viewing, later.

(or is that just more shite?)

8 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Wouldn't disagree with that, sort of tells you where we are in the striker department......   

I don't think it's unfair to say that on all evidence this season, Kristian Dennis is our most effective striker (granted we've not seen a fully fit Brophy yet).

A lot was made of Doyle-Hayes, McGrath, etc being injured - to me we have missed Dennis the most and our form suffered almost as soon as we lost him.

A win is a win, we done everything but score for most of the game and we'd have likely lost that last year.

Onwards:thumbs2

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

At the back of 2.00, I went to my allotments just to drop off stuff, to find some mad Cooncil bastard had mistakenly delivered a mountain of manure.  That stuff is gold (ok, it's actually shite, but in horticultural terms... it's... er...  priceless.  OK - it's supplied for free but you get the picture...) 

So I had no option.  I was compelled to barrow several loads of it up to my compost heap. 

Lovely, quiet, sunny day, but I was obviously miserably unhappy - especially as I seem to have a missed an amazing performance in Paisley with the lads racking up the points on the table!

watch it or record it on alba at 6 pm

1 minute ago, W6Saint said:

I don't think it's unfair to say that on all evidence this season, Kristian Dennis is our most effective striker (granted we've not seen a fully fit Brophy yet).

A lot was made of Doyle-Hayes, McGrath, etc being injured - to me we have missed Dennis the most and our form suffered almost as soon as we lost him.

A win is a win, we done everything but score for most of the game and we'd have likely lost that last year.

Onwards:thumbs2

Haven't quite seen enough of Dennis but my hunch is you are correct

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

Trust me  - you are the lucky one.

Shovelling a 'mountain of manure' sounds much better fun than watching this game.

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

Hope so too,  I've thought of lending him my old boots they were very accurate for me over the years  

Well you should know if you've been injured it can take a while to get fit and then match fit. And most strikers fire better all round when the confidence is high.... Lee is no world beater, but he may well yet show us all he is a decent striker - I do hope so !

A good result which I think we ultimately deserved, albeit with a penalty. Hughes can whine as much as he likes but it was a clumsy tackle! We showed a lot more patience and control, especially second half. Much more enjoyable than Wednesday and still have top six in our own hands. If we could just find that final ball we could be out of sight. The loss of Dennis and Brophy is proving to be costly on that front. Lots of endeavour and some good movement off the ball, I felt. Contrary to other opinions I thought Doyle-Hayes was composed, broke up play well and brought others into the game. 
happy with three points today 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Trust me  - you are the lucky one.

Shovelling a 'mountain of manure' sounds much better fun than watching this game.

It wasn't a bad game. Both teams were trying to win and getting stuck in. We were the best team in the first half and County way better second half. All in all a great result and an absorbing 90 minutes.

Edited by magnus

2 minutes ago, delpierro said:

A wins a win, but performances are dire, which kinda worries me.
But, hey ho.

You are spot on but we will go into the summer knowing who is leaving and have a chance to bring in more players. Overall JG and the Team have done pretty well in the transfer market and as we move up the attraction is better for better players to come in hopefully.