Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 7/24/2021 at 1:19 AM, norrie82 said:

On the park jim has done a good job but off it it’s been an absolute shambles. They’ve only had 16 months to prepare for this !! Two bob outfit 

Tin-pot as feck are Saints, love wee Tony but he couldn't run a raffle!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 7/16/2021 at 3:25 PM, alanb said:

Pre orders maybe down to Joma and other merchandise is now down to Alan Provan probably getting a shop refitted to his satisfaction along with a website to match 

Remember Joma sold shirts independently at a small counter in the old shop set up and no doubt have a shitload of shirts to rebrand with a new logo 

 

On 7/17/2021 at 5:45 AM, God of war said:

Totally made up and pure speculation. You have no idea whats happening.

 

On 7/17/2021 at 11:18 AM, Cookie Monster said:

emoji1787.pngemoji23.pngemoji1787.pngemoji23.pngemoji1787.pngemoji23.png

Pure speculation nuff said

The Deity is still on ignore 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FFS give the guy a chance to get the shop open,do yous expect him to do it overnight?
Moan,moan,fkn moan

So as long as it’s only an issue for some fans not all that’s ok ?

You should realise that people have different opinions and reasons as to why merchandise should be at least readily to pre-order and browse when it’s not physically available.

Now, about the raging success of season tickets launch..,,,, oh aye
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scott-Leeds said:


So as long as it’s only an issue for some fans not all that’s ok ?

You should realise that people have different opinions and reasons as to why merchandise should be at least readily to pre-order and browse when it’s not physically available.

Now, about the raging success of season tickets launch..,,,, oh aye

What have season tickets got to do with Provans?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:


So as long as it’s only an issue for some fans not all that’s ok ?

You should realise that people have different opinions and reasons as to why merchandise should be at least readily to pre-order and browse when it’s not physically available.

Now, about the raging success of season tickets launch..,,,, oh aye

That may well be a two way street Buddie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

When I rise to the top of the SMISA pile and become the highheidyin of our beloved club, I’m going to come on here and tell the half dozen or so moaning faced big weans to ram their season ticket money and their “support” up their whinging arses.

While you're exaggerating, I hope, the disappointing issues that seem to be an annual problem for the club certainly are worth mentioning as @Scott-Leeds says above, it's important to many.

The only thing I can add is it's maybe not worth mentioning a hunner times..............

GIE IT A REST. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

While you're exaggerating, I hope, the disappointing issues that seem to be an annual problem for the club certainly are worth mentioning as @Scott-Leeds says above, it's important to many.

The only thing I can add is it's maybe not worth mentioning a hunner times..............

GIE IT A REST. 

Aye, unless he stops banging on about it, in the (sort of) words of Thom Yorke, when I am king Scott-Leeds will be first against the wall. 😁.

You’ve been warned S-L😘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The old "e-Store" that I set-up for the club  was used to sell the hospitality and replica kit.

In addition to that we had "St.Mirren Direct" which was the outsourced club merchandise store.

You'll have noticed there was two tills in the shop, one for buying replica kit and the other for buying other club merchandise.

There were tax related reasons for that set-up, but it wasn't really ideal.

As part of the changes taking place and the move to Pitch-Pro Retail everything will be under one roof both in terms of online and the physical club shop.

I'm not involved in the set-up of the new online stuff so not sure when it's going live or what domain it is going to use.

Needless to say being unable to buy a replica kit in the first week of August is an absolutely shite state of affairs. I get that it's perhaps related to the Skyview debacle but it feels like there is always some issue or another with the strips every year.

If it was up to me (and I guess it is now partly up to all of us SMiSA members) the new kits for the next season would be launched at the end of the previous campaign.  Get the strips on sale before the summer holidays, it's not rocket science.

Maximise the sales by bringing the away kit out later, maybe launched at a family open day at the stadium as part of our pre-season preparation, get the stands open, let the kids meet the players, get some entertainment in, make a day of it.

In short, make it easy for supporters to spend money, and they will. Make it difficult and they'll find something else to spend their hard earned on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^^

Like many, my kids were looking forward to getting the new strips as school broke up 2 weeks ago here.

Tried multiple times to call stadium shop , couldn’t leave message as inbox full, emailed 3 times 4 weeks ago no reply yet ..


To some I understand not an issue, but to others it matters and helps build up to new season

Saturday is game 6 of the season 4LC 2 League

My boys yesterday went to Leeds United shop and bought full kits.

We won’t be purchasing the Saints strip this season due to lateness/ poor communication and hoping the sticking of a new sponsor over old sponsor doesn’t fall off.

Always excuses,rarely solutions at St Mirren

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scott-Leeds, that's a shame, though I understand your reasons. I'm waiting to get myself a shirt, but I won't hold my breath!

 

In fairness to the club we should acknowledge that:

- we've just changed owners

- there's a global pandemic

- the shirt sponsor pulled out at the last minute

- the club shop's just been taken over

 

I agree that part of it is down to mismanagement, but I think it'd be unfair to not acknowledge the above factors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, div said:

The old "e-Store" that I set-up for the club  was used to sell the hospitality and replica kit.

In addition to that we had "St.Mirren Direct" which was the outsourced club merchandise store.

You'll have noticed there was two tills in the shop, one for buying replica kit and the other for buying other club merchandise.

There were tax related reasons for that set-up, but it wasn't really ideal.

As part of the changes taking place and the move to Pitch-Pro Retail everything will be under one roof both in terms of online and the physical club shop.

I'm not involved in the set-up of the new online stuff so not sure when it's going live or what domain it is going to use.

Needless to say being unable to buy a replica kit in the first week of August is an absolutely shite state of affairs. I get that it's perhaps related to the Skyview debacle but it feels like there is always some issue or another with the strips every year.

If it was up to me (and I guess it is now partly up to all of us SMiSA members) the new kits for the next season would be launched at the end of the previous campaign.  Get the strips on sale before the summer holidays, it's not rocket science.

Maximise the sales by bringing the away kit out later, maybe launched at a family open day at the stadium as part of our pre-season preparation, get the stands open, let the kids meet the players, get some entertainment in, make a day of it.

In short, make it easy for supporters to spend money, and they will. Make it difficult and they'll find something else to spend their hard earned on.

That's a key point, an annual event yet some always deflect it away from the club.

I mentioned previously every pre season is an important time but this season was even more so after the last 16 months as many will be wondering if it's worth the bother after getting out of the habit. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...