Jump to content

Steven Naismith


shull
 Share

Recommended Posts


15 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You don’t know what his role and input is with Scotland , don’t think anyone on here does . And I would say there are many qualities shared by both roles. 

Do I want him as our first team coach or manager ? I really Don’t know 🤷‍♂️  
One thing I will say , IF he is chosen , he should get the full support of all Saints fans while in the job …. Regardless of who his Dad is. 

We do know that he is not the manager.   And if you don't know what the respective roles are in that set-up I'd suggest that your assertion on shared qualities is speculative at best.   If he is the striker coach then I'd suggest it's the main area that Scotland has struggled in lately.

In any case, if he came to us and started well then he would likely be off to Hearts within months

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Jack Ross or Strachan for me , Brown or Naismith would be gambles but I suppose most young managers need to start somewhere .

Strachan was filleted at the weekend by pundits on radio scotland for the way he influenced the sacking of McPake and the installation of his old pal McGhee.  In Fergie's first book he was described as someone you couldn't turn your back on

A big no from me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unusually we are looking for a manager who would suit our squad. We appear to have a collection of very capable and well bonded  players that are suited to a fast paced attacking formation. One that I believe was underutilised by JG. Get the right person in place quickly and, within a matter of weeks, we could be saying, Jim who and thanking him for putting the building blocks in place for us to possibly get him sacked for failing to overtake us at his new club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Strachan was filleted at the weekend by pundits on radio scotland for the way he influenced the sacking of McPake and the installation of his old pal McGhee.  In Fergie's first book he was described as someone you couldn't turn your back on

A big no from me

That is everyone who stands up to Fergie!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Everton TV Interview

 

 

I've learned of off some great coaches over the year's.  I will try to implement my own style,  My biggest influence was Martinez 

I like that he said Martinez :)  that's the type of football I want to watch, was expecting him to say Walter Smith,   👍🏼 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Unusually we are looking for a manager who would suit our squad. We appear to have a collection of very capable and well bonded  players that are suited to a fast paced attacking formation. One that I believe was underutilised by JG. Get the right person in place quickly and, within a matter of weeks, we could be saying, Jim who and thanking him for putting the building blocks in place for us to possibly get him sacked for failing to overtake us at his new club.

I was saying that the minute he left his football most times would bore you to tears 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting times, yet again in the magic roundabout of Scottish soccer management and the actions taken by their respective Boards. The only slight saving grace for us this time round is that it wasn't a push from above, but a reasonably well performing manager that has left us in this state again.

Having read copious posts in at least three articles on this subject in B&WA it is both mind boggling and amusing to read many of the views of our disparate group of fans. 

There are many who seem to wish for the old tried and tested (and frequently failed) route of a Manager who quite bluntly is either past his best, never had his best, or shone briefly at some club or other a year or two ago........................ please oh please let's not go down that route. The only candidate I can think of that suits that description might be Derek McInnes, and even then I'm not entirely happy in my own mind that he is the answer.

Then there is the JR group of supporters, and even I have been on record to say that he wouldn't be the worst appointment, but I do understand 'Tedious Tom's' point of view, and maybe it is wrong to look back, as his move away at the time it happened was a real blow and I don't think for one second he gave Saints a second thought (just think of the poaching of Saints staff and players subsequently and you might see that point).

So where next? There has been vitriol about Brown (99% of which is misplaced) and real doubts about Naismith, this being his first appointment and he will be off to Hearts as their next Manager etc. etc on the first bus available when they have a vacancy.

It would be a gutsy decision by the Board to go with either, but I do think that's where we lie in this small goldfish bowl of Scottish Football. We like to think we are a big club, but we can't really compete financially with at least 4 or maybe as much as 6 teams in Scotland, so we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

I would welcome either of these people into the Club. We are generally seen as a well run stepping stone club and with both of these candidates they may be untested, but we may also get a gem for a year or three. If you put me in a corner and put a gun to my head and say who would you chose?:....................

 

 

 

 

Brown.

He is committed, forceful, intelligent, a winner (no matter how well you think of Celtic over these years), and he knows a lot about the game and players and how to get the best out of them.

Now you can fire the bullet!💥

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

 

I've learned of off some great coaches over the year's.  I will try to implement my own style,  My biggest influence was Martinez 

I like that he said Martinez :)  that's the type of football I want to watch, was expecting him to say Walter Smith,   👍🏼 

It was an Everton TV interview and given he never played under Smith at Goodison I reckon his answer was tailored for his audience. 

Fergie was a young man with very little management experience so I’d not be adverse to give Naismith a go. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

Interesting times, yet again in the magic roundabout of Scottish soccer management and the actions taken by their respective Boards. The only slight saving grace for us this time round is that it wasn't a push from above, but a reasonably well performing manager that has left us in this state again.

Having read copious posts in at least three articles on this subject in B&WA it is both mind boggling and amusing to read many of the views of our disparate group of fans. 

There are many who seem to wish for the old tried and tested (and frequently failed) route of a Manager who quite bluntly is either past his best, never had his best, or shone briefly at some club or other a year or two ago........................ please oh please let's not go down that route. The only candidate I can think of that suits that description might be Derek McInnes, and even then I'm not entirely happy in my own mind that he is the answer.

Then there is the JR group of supporters, and even I have been on record to say that he wouldn't be the worst appointment, but I do understand 'Tedious Tom's' point of view, and maybe it is wrong to look back, as his move away at the time it happened was a real blow and I don't think for one second he gave Saints a second thought (just think of the poaching of Saints staff and players subsequently and you might see that point).

So where next? There has been vitriol about Brown (99% of which is misplaced) and real doubts about Naismith, this being his first appointment and he will be off to Hearts as their next Manager etc. etc on the first bus available when they have a vacancy.

It would be a gutsy decision by the Board to go with either, but I do think that's where we lie in this small goldfish bowl of Scottish Football. We like to think we are a big club, but we can't really compete financially with at least 4 or maybe as much as 6 teams in Scotland, so we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

I would welcome either of these people into the Club. We are generally seen as a well run stepping stone club and with both of these candidates they may be untested, but we may also get a gem for a year or three. If you put me in a corner and put a gun to my head and say who would you chose?:....................

 

 

 

 

Brown.

He is committed, forceful, intelligent, a winner (no matter how well you think of Celtic over these years), and he knows a lot about the game and players and how to get the best out of them.

Now you can fire the bullet!💥

What a load of pish.you have no idea what he's like or what he knows or what he can do .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

 If he is the striker coach then I'd suggest it's the main area that Scotland has struggled in lately.

 

Did he do the recruiting. Besides, as some on here have said, he would be coming in here as a manager not a coach.  :unsure: Not the same thing apparently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

It was an Everton TV interview and given he never played under Smith at Goodison I reckon his answer was tailored for his audience. 

Fergie was a young man with very little management experience so I’d not be adverse to give Naismith a go. 

 

That's utter nonsense,  conspiracy theorist stuff,  why would he do that.. Martinez was sacked from Everton because the fans wanted him out, he's not playing up to anyone.

Spanish coaches and teams revolutionised the way football should be played the ball hardly leaves the ground, I'm guessing that's what he admired,  in Scotland it hardly touches the ground in the first 10 minutes of every game and is awful to watch. 

Fail Knock Out GIF by SVT

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another reason why I would respect Naismith is that he didn’t have an EBT with Rangers, was paid his dues without any illegal added benefits and when Rangers died he accepted that fact (that the old club was very deid!), did not allow himself to be baffled by the lies surrounding new Sevco and… walked away.

Fans of that new clumpany still dislike Naismith for exercising his right to market himself to a new club.  In his case, Everton.

A decent, rational individual.  :)

Edited by antrin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Another reason why I would respect Naismith is that he didn’t have an EBT with Rangers, was paid his dues without any illegal added benefits and when Rangers died he accepted that fact, did not allow himself to be baffled by the lies surrounding Sevco and… walked away.

Fans of that new clumpany still dislike Naismith for exercising his right to market himself to a new club.  In his case, Everton.

A decent, rational individual.  :)

Yes remember that good on him.... I reckon he's the best of the 2 and will get the backing of all the fans as long as he does OK  Brown maybe upset a few no matter how he does 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...