Jump to content

St Mirren Board


Recommended Posts

Since the takeover in 2016 the club has been on a steady rise, this season despite the league being one of the strongest in years we were in a great position to progress again sitting 4th at one point mid game against United with a new manager taking his seat in the dugout...  then Bang the wheels came flying off... for most part it has been mostly smooth sailing with our new board with a few exceptions. 

Notably the appointment of Alan Stubbs when the Board acted swiftly despite the cost and the flak that was about to come their way from his pals in the press etc, I get the feeling like many others, history is repeating itself here... the question is do they act if in the next game or 2 if we pick up zero points and St Johnstone close the gap,  or do they stick and hope Robinson can get us over the line then give him the chance to build his own team next season.  it's a tough call hopefully one they don't have to make as we win our first game after the split. 

My fear and it's a strong one, this team is heading to the playoffs and possibly relegation if Robinson can't motivate this team to perform, its looking like he's lost the confidence of the players and the fans and even in himself..

Question is

Has he lost the confidence of the board ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Since the takeover in 2016 the club has been on a steady rise, this season despite the league being one of the strongest in years we were in a great position to progress again sitting 4th at one point mid game against United with a new manager taking his seat in the dugout...  then Bang the wheels came flying off... for most part it has been mostly smooth sailing with our new board with a few exceptions. 

Notably the appointment of Alan Stubbs when the Board acted swiftly despite the cost and the flak that was about to come their way from his pals in the press etc, I get the feeling like many others, history is repeating itself here... the question is do they act if in the next game or 2 if we pick up zero points and St Johnstone close the gap,  or do they stick and hope Robinson can get us over the line then give him the chance to build his own team next season.  it's a tough call hopefully one they don't have to make as we win our first game after the split. 

My fear and it's a strong one, this team is heading to the playoffs and possibly relegation if Robinson can't motivate this team to perform, its looking like he's lost the confidence of the players and the fans and even in himself..

Question is

Has he lost the confidence of the board ? 

What i will say surely there were members of the board at yesterday's game. What was noticeable for me was the amount of empty seats in the main stand, I know why they give up allocation to the old firm not that I agree at all with it but unfortunately money talks. However I would have expected 'our stands' to be full. Is this not an indication to the board of the discontent amongst fans. Fair play if anyone points out that I don't attend many games, I would do basically if I could and its down to finances travelling from west cumbria. 

Back to topic tho, surely the likes of Gordon Scott can't be happy with whats going on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

What i will say surely there were members of the board at yesterday's game. What was noticeable for me was the amount of empty seats in the main stand, I know why they give up allocation to the old firm not that I agree at all with it but unfortunately money talks. However I would have expected 'our stands' to be full. Is this not an indication to the board of the discontent amongst fans. Fair play if anyone points out that I don't attend many games, I would do basically if I could and its down to finances travelling from west cumbria. 

Back to topic tho, surely the likes of Gordon Scott can't be happy with whats going on.

I was very surprised at the empty seats and I don't think there was a spare seat in any of the two away stands. Attendances in the next home games will be interesting. For me the home form all season has failed to inspire though we did get some excitement hoping for results to get to top six .

Given all the price hikes the footballs going to need to be good to get folk in. 

I do think he's lots the players, body language yesterday just wasn't right.

However will judge him when he has his own players in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What i will say surely there were members of the board at yesterday's game. What was noticeable for me was the amount of empty seats in the main stand, I know why they give up allocation to the old firm not that I agree at all with it but unfortunately money talks. However I would have expected 'our stands' to be full. Is this not an indication to the board of the discontent amongst fans. Fair play if anyone points out that I don't attend many games, I would do basically if I could and its down to finances travelling from west cumbria. 
Back to topic tho, surely the likes of Gordon Scott can't be happy with whats going on.
There's lots if spaces in the home end for many reason

1. People don't like taking kids to games involving the the bigot brothers

2. Like me they don't agree with giving them 2 stands. And actually move home fans.

3. Also like me, Fans are fed up being treated like away fans in there own stadium.

Hopefully the 2 stands issue will be sorted at the SMISA AGM on the 21st of April. Time for the Saints board to wake and smell the coffee. Since fan ownership I thought this would be great for the club. But it's not turned out like that.

As for Robinson, he's a joke. #newstubbs.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

I was very surprised at the empty seats and I don't think there was a spare seat in any of the two away stands. Attendances in the next home games will be interesting. For me the home form all season has failed to inspire though we did get some excitement hoping for results to get to top six .

Given all the price hikes the footballs going to need to be good to get folk in. 

I do think he's lots the players, body language yesterday just wasn't right.

However will judge him when he has his own players in. 

I would say that the board will be uncomfortable with results so far but they will know more about the back story than the rest of us with the players and SR in that order. I would be surprised if they did anything other than back him. Player power , if that’s partly to blame, never ends well and a lot are on their way out. I would stick with him , sign the players to play his type of high tempo game and build for next year. As for the 2 Stands for Away fans, I would listen to the fans and make sure we have deals for home fan’s families and clubs to fill our family stand on these days. The big boys and girls such as myself and others are old enough surely to dislike all the nonsense that surrounds both sets of fans and just get on with noisily supporting the Saints Inside the stadium. Just my view 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HSS said:

Here’s a picture taken in the 2nd half

749156C1-017F-4E09-83FF-2C964682BF9A.jpeg

This is clearly taken very late in the game as the West Stand had an awful lot more there than this suggests. If the game is over as a contest and supporters want to get back to their cars or walk back into town safely and without incident I don't blame them. Having to deal with these arseholes appearing from both ends of the ground is not an enjoyable experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really had to laugh yesterday, I sit in M7 and even before I took my seat I realised there were lots of new faces (Rangers Fans), funnier even was the two strong northern Irish accents querying which pie to buy at the catering then looking at their tickets to navigate to their seats

It got even better when my son saw his Rangers supporting friend from his running club. In fairness I never spotted one bit of bother inside and outside of the stadium yesterday.

There was never 6,500 in our stadium yesterday!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Smithers Jones said:

This is clearly taken very late in the game as the West Stand had an awful lot more there than this suggests. If the game is over as a contest and supporters want to get back to their cars or walk back into town safely and without incident I don't blame them. Having to deal with these arseholes appearing from both ends of the ground is not an enjoyable experience. 

I left just after the third goal and their were plenty of saints fans leaving along with me. I haven’t left a game in a long time, possibly during Stubbs reign. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I left just after the third goal and their were plenty of saints fans leaving along with me. I haven’t left a game in a long time, possibly during Stubbs reign. 

We got to the Court Bar about 10 mins after the final whistle They had someone on the door to make sure it was “regulars” only I asked him if it was busy and he replied aye but not as busy as we were 40 mins ago 😂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, HSS said:

Here’s a picture taken in the 2nd half

749156C1-017F-4E09-83FF-2C964682BF9A.jpeg

Clouds are rolling in, literally and metaphorically. No surprise to see the fans voting with their feet.

In reality there is almost zero chance Robinson is sacked before the end of the season. What will happen is if we finish 10th or above he will get to Christmas. If we get relegated he will surely be sacked. If we finish 11th and win the playoff i'm not so sure, probably gets the summer and see how we start. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I left just after the third goal and their were plenty of saints fans leaving along with me. I haven’t left a game in a long time, possibly during Stubbs reign. 

Yeah first time i've left early for years too. Seeing Tait making absolutely no effort to press Wright ahead of their fourth goal was enough for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I admit it. I left 2 minutes before the 90 was up. Saints did have a late flurry of activity late in the second half but nothing to really trouble our opponents. The first two goals were the killers. Both from defensive frailties. One early and one before half time. Had we held it to one then who knows. They didn’t have to play really well and they didn’t but what they did do very well was hold the ball and move it around causing us to chase shadows for most of the game. We weren’t able to disrupt their play. A standard above ours and the difference in our league positions showed just as Celtic showed the previous day v St Johnston. Top 3 and bottom 9 would be a better description of the league this year. Nothing between most, if not all, of the bottom 9. Squeezing into the safety of the top six this year in particular would have been welcomed despite that fact that I didn’t really be wanting to watch us play the big two again this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

Clouds are rolling in, literally and metaphorically. No surprise to see the fans voting with their feet.

In reality there is almost zero chance Robinson is sacked before the end of the season. What will happen is if we finish 10th or above he will get to Christmas. If we get relegated he will surely be sacked. If we finish 11th and win the playoff i'm not so sure, probably gets the summer and see how we start. 

I never gave it any thought it was remotely possible we could be questioning the managers position this season,  for me he must be judged on theses next 2 games coming up, own players or not the manager should be able motivate the team to keep us safe considering where we were when he took over. 

If we lose them both and perform like the last 3 games it's the 

Chopping Episode 1 GIF by National Geographic Channel

For me

 

And we send out a S.O.S  to Gus Danny or even Tony  :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...