Dundee utd v St Mirren, 18/3/23

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

See post from @TopCat

I 100% agree on the striker situation, as much as they run about a lot our goal return has been shit. 

When did I say he cost us the game? He sold a goal, which he does every single time he plays for us. If we had strikers capable of scoring we could still win games with him selling goals at the back. 
We don’t though.

We are not much of a threat up front , Main and Grieves put in good shifts but we really need a poacher , someone who knows where to be in the box when the ball comes in , Grieves was doing it when he first arrived but it seems to have fell out of his game. Maybe time to get Offord and Jamieson in from the start.

2 minutes ago, pondsman said:

We needed to win today to keep chances of top 6 alive. Even if we beat Livi and Killie, I don't think that will be enough. Looking at Livi's remaining fixtures, they have a much easier run-in than we do.

They might have a easier run in than us but only on league positions,  if we can beat them and Killie I'd fancy our chances,,  they would need to win 2 of their last 3 games at least to finish above us and there's absolutely no guarantee they will, Dundee United and Motherwell are fighting for survival there's no easy games.

It's still in our hands and will be tight,  one game at a time let's beat them first

Time for Tony Watt to step up 

5 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

They might have a easier run in than us but only on league positions,  if we can beat them and Killie I'd fancy our chances,,  they would need to win 2 of their last 3 games at least to finish above us and there's absolutely no guarantee they will, Dundee United and Motherwell are fighting for survival there's no easy games.

It's still in our hands and will be tight,  one game at a time let's beat them first

Time for Tony Watt to step up 

Well it’s only in our hands if we beat Livi beat Killie and can get four or more points from Ibrox and Tynecastle - which I promise we won’t. 
We will need to beat Livi to get in the conversation. We then will either need a miracle win at Tynecastle or Ibrox - or more likely - hope other teams do us a favour and we go into the final game at home to Killie with a chance. Sadly I fear we could be out of it by then. 

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

We are not much of a threat up front , Main and Grieves put in good shifts but we really need a poacher , someone who knows where to be in the box when the ball comes in , Grieves was doing it when he first arrived but it seems to have fell out of his game. Maybe time to get Offord and Jamieson in from the start.

It's only my opinion, but I don't think Grieve has improved at all in his time with us. I really want the boy to be a success with us but I just don't see anything to convince me that he will be. If I saw him lining up against us I wouldn't rate him as a threat. I would love him to prove me wrong.

One of the few games this season I have actually enjoyed. First half we were awful. Goodwin did his usual and had his team sit back in the second half and we should have got ahead but we have no forwards at all. We got a soft penalty a d scored and I thought we would go on and win the match. Last ten minutes Dundee United has four good chances and we had one. Overall a quite an enjoyable match though the overall standard of the players is abysmal . I really believe the standard of Scottish football has never been worse. Rangers and Celtic are poor and the rest nowhere near that good. Overall sh it league but today's game was enjoyable.

12 minutes ago, guinness said:

One of the few games this season I have actually enjoyed. First half we were awful. Goodwin did his usual and had his team sit back in the second half and we should have got ahead but we have no forwards at all. We got a soft penalty a d scored and I thought we would go on and win the match. Last ten minutes Dundee United has four good chances and we had one. Overall a quite an enjoyable match though the overall standard of the players is abysmal . I really believe the standard of Scottish football has never been worse. Rangers and Celtic are poor and the rest nowhere near that good. Overall sh it league but today's game was enjoyable.

The last 10 minutes or so had me worried, they seemed to find an extra gear and we did have some worrying moments.

In saying that we had a goal chalked off for a close offside, one cleared off the line and the "soft" penalty so, all in all, IMO, the first 25 minutes and the last 10 we were the better team but, as usual, we really have no one who looks like he can score a goal. 

Despite the gloom that was on the forum I thought we were more likely to score and, as such, put my money where my mouth is and, bingo. :wink:

image.thumb.png.ada64a393650147516fd6a6fa076da37.png

2 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Draw was a fair result. Blatant dive by Main so I wonder if the penalty was actually given for the challenge on Greive earlier in the same passage of play. Looked a much better claim and VAR took a while to give it. 

Aye a "soft" penalty but we've suffered from that this season ourselves. 

It evens out over the season, seemingly. 

Aye a "soft" penalty but we've suffered from that this season ourselves. 
It evens out over the season, seemingly. 
On a side note, my mate told me Andy Halliday was on open goal within last 2 weeks and they were discussing all the hand ball penalties we are now seeing and how every club has suffered and spoke about evening themselves out over the season.

He apparently said that St Mirren fans won't see hand ball penalties even themselves out as the one at Tynecastle we should have had was a shocker and was the most blatant Handball of all but not given.

That was probably true until Kilmarnock v St Johnstone yesterday.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk